The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

New York continues with its Covid insanity. Lord Cuomo ( how is this clown still in office? ) announced yesterday that there will be two sections at Sahlens field: one for the good vaccinated people ( I’m fully vaccinated btw) and one for the bad unwashed folk. Separate, but equal as they both still have the “ privilege “ of being required to wear a Fauci face diaper! What is wrong with NYers that they continue this moronic mask compliance? What does this mean for Bills games? No one should be masking at this point if vaccinated, and probably even if you’re not. Dems just can’t let go of their outrageous power grabs. 

Sign your 12 year olds up!

Dr. Michelle Medina, a pediatrician and a member of the Cleveland Clinic’s vaccines advisory committee.

"The biggest concern that we hear about from parents…is, these are young kids, with a long life ahead of them. Are we doing something now that may be harmful to them in the future? Anybody who knows the answer to that is speaking through a looking glass. We don’t know. That’s always the thing that makes people hesitate. However, when you do weigh the potential risks versus the benefits, I think that scale still tips very heavily on the benefit side of things...."

https://on.mktw.net/3bpSI45

That's what you've got to weigh to potentially having your kids be treated as normal.  

Welcome to the experiment kids!

iowahawk_urban_density_3-12-20-600x256.j

OH, DEAR. REALLY? SHOCKED, SHOCKED, SHOCKED:  

Bombshell Report: CDC Exaggerated Risk of Outdoors Coronavirus Transmission.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/05/bombshell-report-cdc-exaggerated-risk-of-outdoors-coronavirus-transmission/

Anyone with a modicum of biological knowledge (me) knew that back a year ago.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

Fauci officially gives vaccinated Americans the green light to ditch their mask...

.....outside

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fauci-masks-outside-covid-guidelines-b1846965.html

tenor.gif

Wait wait wait......

This was an actual quote about outdoor masks from St. Fauci:

“If you are going into a completely crowded situation, where people are essentially falling all over each other, then you wear a mask. But at any other time, if you are vaccinated and you are outside, put aside your mask.”

#Science!

tenor.gif

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Wait wait wait......

This was an actual quote about outdoor masks from St. Fauci:

“If you are going into a completely crowded situation, where people are essentially falling all over each other, then you wear a mask. But at any other time, if you are vaccinated and you are outside, put aside your mask.”

SCIENCE !

Still all Trump's fault.  All the criminal actions by China and the WHO, poor advice by the CDC and Fauci, super-spreader riots last year, and Trump getting the vaccines fast-tracked mean nothing.

FOLLOW THE ACTUAL SCIENCE: 

Lockdown Mongers Can Point Fingers, But The Science Is In: They’re To Blame. 

“As is so often the case, however, the conventional wisdom was wrong. A new study from Chicago University economist Casey Mulligan validates what the anti-lockdowners knew all along: Lockdowns are a bad idea. After workplaces implemented mitigation measures, they became far safer environments than people’s homes.”

https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/12/lockdown-mongers-can-point-fingers-but-the-science-is-in-theyre-to-blame/

On 5/11/2021 at 11:30 PM, Big Blitz said:

Ooof...

They are quick af to restrict and shutdown.

Loosen restrictions?  Ummm......that might take awhile.  Let us check with the WHO and China first.   

The CDC hasn't been the gold standard of anything for decades because it's filled with hall wallking academia and professional bureaucrats from academia.  

Even Robert Redfield, who retired from the Army as a colonel, spent the last 20 years writing papers and being in management.  Walensky has a lot of titles, but she, too, has spent most of her time managing.   That's why the CDC has nonsense guidance - bureaucrats are part weather vane, part political animal, all self preservationist.  

On 2/3/2021 at 4:10 PM, BillStime said:

Tell me why Florida fired and arrested data scientist Rebekah Jones? Just because she refused to manipulate COVID-19 numbers on the Department of Health's website?

Gullible AF

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

FOLLOW THE ACTUAL SCIENCE: 

Lockdown Mongers Can Point Fingers, But The Science Is In: They’re To Blame. 

“As is so often the case, however, the conventional wisdom was wrong. A new study from Chicago University economist Casey Mulligan validates what the anti-lockdowners knew all along: Lockdowns are a bad idea. After workplaces implemented mitigation measures, they became far safer environments than people’s homes.”

https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/12/lockdown-mongers-can-point-fingers-but-the-science-is-in-theyre-to-blame/

Follow the science:  Why were workplaces and schools safer than people's homes?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

I heard ventilation. 

Not sure I agree with that. 

Ventilation, masks, and distancing.  The hospital complex I work at is being replaced as the new one is completed next year.   I can assure you they made no significant investment in ventilation, yet we had zero outbreaks at the primary level 1 trauma center in Cleveland.  Ditto for my kids' schools.

How much did people take precautions at home?

Do "new case" curves directly measure mask efficiency or are they are result of a multitude of factors?  

Lockdowns simply reduce contact between large numbers of people (if they're properly followed).   So is the lockdown to blame or the fact that people took few, if any, precautions at home? 

3 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Ventilation, masks, and distancing.  The hospital complex I work at is being replaced as the new one is completed next year.   I can assure you they made no significant investment in ventilation, yet we had zero outbreaks at the primary level 1 trauma center in Cleveland.  Ditto for my kids' schools.

How much did people take precautions at home?

Do "new case" curves directly measure mask efficiency or are they are result of a multitude of factors?  

Lockdowns simply reduce contact between large numbers of people (if they're properly followed).   So is the lockdown to blame or the fact that people took few, if any, precautions at home? 

All good points...but nobody's ever questioned that if you isolate yourself (distance), cover your face (mask) and stay outside (ventilate) your chances of catching this virus or any other would obviously be VERY LOW.  The debate has been how far, and for how long is anyone willing to go.  Many people are just not willing to continue to live in an isolated, masked up society.  I can't blame them.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

All good points...but nobody's ever questioned that if you isolate yourself (distance), cover your face (mask) and stay outside (ventilate) your chances of catching this virus or any other would obviously be VERY LOW.  The debate has been how far, and for how long is anyone willing to go.  Many people are just not willing to continue to live in an isolated, masked up society.  I can't blame them.

I don't blame them either.  But how many people refuse to believe masking and distancing make any difference?  And how much harder does that make it for those trying to get through this as quickly as possible?

Hold your hand 6-12 inches from your mouth and blow into it as hard as you can.  Put a mask on.  Repeat blowing into your hand.

That's air being blocked.   AIR.  Conservatively around 1000 times smaller than a single covid virus on a sub-micromolar water particle.  Having trouble hearing someone talk with a mask on?  Air block.

Young children understand this right away but how many adults can't because they're steeped in their own stubborness?

Joe has defeated Covid!!!!

Watch that approval hit 68 percent!

Sorry for those that will have to continue wearing masks. Vaccine passport will be required. That is your right.

Edited by Governor

14 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I don't blame them either.  But how many people refuse to believe masking and distancing make any difference?  And how much harder does that make it for those trying to get through this as quickly as possible?

Hold your hand 6-12 inches from your mouth and blow into it as hard as you can.  Put a mask on.  Repeat blowing into your hand.

That's air being blocked.   AIR.  Conservatively around 1000 times smaller than a single covid virus on a sub-micromolar water particle.  Having trouble hearing someone talk with a mask on?  Air block.

Young children understand this right away but how many adults can't because they're steeped in their own stubborness?

No argument here....but it's all relative in degrees.  Why?  Because the communication has been horrible.

21 minutes ago, Governor said:

Joe has defeated Covid!!!!

Watch that approval hit 68 percent!

Sorry for those that will have to continue wearing masks. Vaccine passport will be required. That is your right.

Ya we'll see lmao 

Communist China coming right here to America hahaha

Edited by Buffalo716