The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Peer reviewed study finds that ivermectin is effective as prophylaxis for Covid-19 and as a therapeutic remedy

American Thinker, by Thomas Lifson

I expect the corporate media will ignore as much as possible the findings of a peer-reviewed study just published in the American Journal of Therapeutics that concludes the readily-available, inexpensive (off-patent) drug ivermectin is effective in treating existing cases of Covid-19 and in preventing coming down with the illness. Unlike the experimental vaccines that we are being ceaselessly urged to take, ivermectin has been around for many years and is safe for all but a few people. (snip) here is the conclusion of the article (snip) ivermectin should be globally and systematically deployed in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/peer_reviewed_study_finds_that_ivermectin_is_effective_as_prophylaxis_for_covid19_and_as_a_therapeutic_remedy_.html

Breaking news, ivermectin is now the most dangerous drug on the planet...

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/5/2021 at 10:18 AM, Big Blitz said:

'Herd immunity' gives way to 'good enough' as Biden sets new benchmark for vaccines

"We're going to have highs and lows of case numbers potentially for years."

President Joe Biden's new benchmark in the fight against COVID-19 -- ensuring 70% of American adults to get at least one shot by July 4 -- seems to be a tacit acknowledgement of what scientists have been saying now for months: Eradicating the virus that causes COVID-19 might not be possible. But if enough Americans get some protection, it'll become manageable.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/herd-immunity-good-biden-sets-benchmark-vaccines/story?id=77487479

There it is.  What we've been telling you since April 1 ......2020.

Question to all the Branch Covidians. @BillStime @transplantbillsfan @Tiberius

Why are we still mitigating???  

Yet again... self-fulfilling prophecy.

Biden's benchmark change isn't because it's impossible for us to reach a level of legit Herd Immunity if 85-90% of us were to get vaccinated.  It's because the morons of the Country are making that 85-90% number an impossible benchmark to reach.

You dug yourselves in so deeply that you pretty much ensure exactly what you don't want... some type of mitigation and restrictions remaining in our lives for a long time.

Congratulations!  You were right because 25-30% of our Country sucks at life!

On 5/5/2021 at 1:52 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Sure, I'll give it another try to help you catch up.  This virtual teaching gig ain't all it's cracked up to be, you know? 

• You have an unhealthy fascination with posters you used to interact with back when they were here and gave a ^%$# what you had to say.  It's boring.

Hmmm.... well first of all... I'm not really here for your entertainment.  Second of all, I really don't care about them as individuals at this point, but they're good representations of a major problem with our Country as all of them fled to an echo chamber and plugged their ears to block out any outside noise.

That's worthy of discussion and criticism.

But... since I just bored you...

• You often display a stunning lack of self-awareness, most recently when you complained about them being symptoms of the problem in civility and discourse because they disagree with you.  That's sad. 

I never said they were symptoms of the problem in civility and discourse because they disagree with me, did I?  Can you please direct my attention to where I said that?

If you can't find it... you're molding and twisting my words into something you believe I meant.  That's sad.

• You specifically targeted the percentage of Republican men who are vaccine hesitant, or vaccine cynics for their beliefs.  You then lobbied for mandatory vaccinations and completely dismissed their feelings and distrust of govt.  That you just came off 4 years of distrust of govt is actually kind of humorous to me. 

At this point, yes.  Mandate vaccines.  It would have been better if the jackass of a former President didn't completely hide the fact that he and his wife were vaccinated and instead lobbied for vaccinations for all Americans.  If he did that, I bet that 25-30% number dwindles down to 10-20% and we get closer to getting out of this mess.

4 years of "distrust of govt" is different from "distrust of science."

And my "distrust of govt" is being much too generalized by you... it was really mainly a distrust of one guy and all his appointees... unfortunately it just so happened to be the most important position in our government.

• I questioned your fixation on ig'nance and hypocrisy on the group de jour you targeted, and included links that suggest that in addition to those you targeted, 4% of dem voters and 22% of independents fall into the same class: Vax skeptics.  In checking some data, the 4% of dems would be around 6-7million, and the 22% of indys would be another 7-8million cycnics, a number substantial enough to be concerning if you were being honest in your analysis;

Right now almost half of all Republicans under 50 say they refuse to get a vaccine.

Get Republican hesitancy down to Independent hesitancy and let's talk.  On the whole, it's the Republican's that are the problem.  A good swath of the Democrats who won't get the vaccine are minorities who have every damn right to be vaccine hesitant after what's been done to them throughout history.

• I included a link to concerns of Black voters, you opted to attempt to Transplain about the history of Black Americans and vaccinations, which is well known and frequently discussed, but represents and emotional argument, not a scientific one.  That you feel forced compliance will improve the trust these folks have in the system seems...uh silly.  Let's assume of the reported 42m Black Americans, 30%  are hesitant or won't vax, putting that number at 12.6 m.  

As of a month ago it was actually about 24% who were vaccine hesitant and that number had been trending down over months and the number of people planning to get a vaccine who are black has been trending up.

Again, many of those "hesitant" ones were "wait 'n see" instead of downright refusal. That's different from a lot of Trump voters... just take a look at the "White Evangelical" numbers.

• We haven't discussed those flying under the societal radar, but the number of vaccine hesitant, cynical or refusers in the 15-20million undocumented immigrants is likely quite high, would you agree?  

Probably

I won't bore you further while you're raging against the DWRM (despicable white republican male), but the problem is much, much deeper than you suggest by a matter of tens of millions. 

Again... get the Republican hesitancy down to even the Independent hesitancy and we can talk... though we likely wouldn't need to because we'd be much closer to if not already meeting the 80-85% Herd Immunity benchmark.

Finally, there are many, many reasons to be distrustful of the vaccine, development and deployment for folks of all political stripes, backgrounds, skin tones and the like.  That you're convinced everything  is 100% jimmy jack safe is cool, but other folks don't have your  life experiences, background or trust in the government (well, this government).   Leave them be. 

I really don't have a clue if I've talked to you about my experience getting the vaccine or not--I thought I did--but to me there's a huge difference between vaccine hesitancy and vaccine refusal.

Hesitancy implies that you could be swayed in the other direction with proper convincing, knowledge, observation and research.  I was what I would call "hesitant."  Although I would have eventually gotten either one, I was skeptical of the Phizer and Moderna vaccines just because of the brand new mRNA technology and how it's done  I wanted a vaccine using "familiar" technology, which is why I was happy to get the J & J vaccine, which is a viral vector vaccine... a technology we've been using for half a century.  

I did A LOT of research and am quite happy with my decision.  And I'm more comfortable now if in the future I need to get an mRNA vaccine, as well.

So I think we should stop using the phrase "vaccine hesitancy" as the problem.  It's the "vaccine refusal" that's the problem.  And those are by a heavy plurality the white Republican men.

Then there's this sort of political mischievousness where our own VP/Home Health Aide to her Uncle Joe cast doubt on the development, administration and safety of the vaccine.  https://www.businessinsider.com/kamala-harris-rejects-a-coronavirus-vaccine-from-trump-2020-10  

Of course, she wasn't the only one.  

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-balked-at-coronavirus-vaccine-under-trump

Thanks for posting this... these people are all saying they trust scientists, not Donald Trump.

What's the problem?  You're calling this "political mischievousness" and that's a massive part of the problem here because this shouldn't be a political issue... it should be a scientific one.

And that's exactly what they're saying:  "I trust the scientists, not the politician."

And as much as you want to flip that same argument around on Biden (because I know you're just itching to do that), my point is that it's the scientists (and science itself if you look at it) have been saying for MONTHS now that these vaccines are safe and efficacious and that EVERYONE should be getting vaccinated so that life can get back to normal

Edited by transplantbillsfan

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yet again... self-fulfilling prophecy.

What.  The.  H..

Biden's benchmark change

K.

isn't because it's impossible for us to reach a level of legit Herd Immunity if 85-90% of us were to get vaccinated. 

Is "legit Immunity" a scientific term?

It's because the morons of the Country are making that 85-90% number an impossible benchmark to reach.

Who made this a benchmark and for what? 

Did I miss something last April when we indefinitely shut down and agree to "Great Res...  I mean "phased reopenings?"

You dug yourselves in so deeply

By wanting an exit strategy and metrics?  

By presenting you with logic that has yet to be refuted?  

that you pretty much ensure exactly what you don't want... some type of mitigation and restrictions remaining in our lives for a long time.

Why?

Congratulations!  You were right because 25-30% of our Country sucks at life!

It's more like 75% but I think our metrics are different.  

On 5/5/2021 at 3:12 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't know if your time away from a Trump Presidency has made you more desperate to be right and thus more cryptic, more vague and less intelligible... but that's unfortunately what most of this post is...

Cryptic...

Vague....

Unintelligible.

If you've had a few drinks this evening, I completely understand... I've drunk-posted before.

If not... please translate... :wub:

More lefty projection.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Hmmm.... well first of all... I'm not really here for your entertainment.  Second of all, I really don't care about them as individuals at this point, but they're good representations of a major problem with our Country as all of them fled to an echo chamber and plugged their ears to block out any outside noise.

That's worthy of discussion and criticism.

That’s your interpretation of what occurred, and it’s flatly false.  That they chose to find a new home to have the discussion is their right.  You are correct, however, you are free to criticize and exercise that right and seem to do so on a somewhat regular basis.  

But... since I just bored you...

I never said they were symptoms of the problem in civility and discourse because they disagree with me, did I?  Can you please direct my attention to where I said that?

If you can't find it... you're molding and twisting my words into something you believe I meant.  That's sad.

My bad.  You were very complimentary and supportive of their collective decision, and I misunderstood what appeared to be derogatory statements about former posters. 

At this point, yes.  Mandate vaccines.  It would have been better if the jackass of a former President didn't completely hide the fact that he and his wife were vaccinated and instead lobbied for vaccinations for all Americans.  If he did that, I bet that 25-30% number dwindles down to 10-20% and we get closer to getting out of this mess.

4 years of "distrust of govt" is different from "distrust of science."

And my "distrust of govt" is being much too generalized by you... it was really mainly a distrust of one guy and all his appointees... unfortunately it just so happened to be the most important position in our government.

😂 Your distrust is in one guy and all his appointees.   I can see how that doesn’t reflect distrust in the government we had over the four years prior to Dementia Joe.  

How do you propose to mandate vax, what would the penalty be for non-compliance and how would you handle the very delicate issue with black and brown people who refuse?   Obviously white people will refuse as well but I think I know what you would do there. 

Right now almost half of all Republicans under 50 say they refuse to get a vaccine.

Get Republican hesitancy down to Independent hesitancy and let's talk.  On the whole, it's the Republican's that are the problem.  A good swath of the Democrats who won't get the vaccine are minorities who have every damn right to be vaccine hesitant after what's been done to them throughout history.

I’m not interested in talking on the terms you choose to dictate.  I think the decision to vaccinate is a private decision for each person to make.  

It’s not my job, nor my intent to “get” anyone down to anything.  I share my thoughts with people I love and who care to listen to what I say.  

If you choose to ignore the substantial number of Dems and indys, and bluster through the issue as it relates to  Black citizens, that’s fine, but it’s bulkshyt.  Then again maybe you should go out and counsel them on how their feelings are understandable but in this case, they’re being stubborn, defiant and screwing things up for the rest of us. 

As of a month ago it was actually about 24% who were vaccine hesitant and that number had been trending down over months and the number of people planning to get a vaccine who are black has been trending up.

Again, many of those "hesitant" ones were "wait 'n see" instead of downright refusal. That's different from a lot of Trump voters... just take a look at the "White Evangelical" numbers.

Probably

Well there you go.  As time moves on, folks get more comfortable. Maybe in time some of the Rs, Indys, Dems and others will decide to get the vaccine.  Until then, their body their rules unless your gulag plan gets some legs to it. 

Again... get the Republican hesitancy down to even the Independent hesitancy and we can talk... though we likely wouldn't need to because we'd be much closer to if not already meeting the 80-85% Herd Immunity benchmark.

We wouldn’t need what?  Compliance?   So you’re advocating forced compliance for everyone who’s white and Republican and “wouldn’t need to” for everyone else on your list?  

@Big Blitz is the standard bearer on the constantly evolving herd immunity as pitched in The Amazing Tony Fauci Medicine show.  70%. 75% 82% 85%.  Now the “elusive and mythical” number.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/is-herd-immunity-a-realistic-concept-fauci-calls-it-elusive-and-mystical-11620148465

Spoiler alert—this douche is all over the page, and part of the reason thinking folks don’t want the vaccine.  

I really don't have a clue if I've talked to you about my experience getting the vaccine or not--I thought I did--but to me there's a huge difference between vaccine hesitancy and vaccine refusal.

Hesitancy implies that you could be swayed in the other direction with proper convincing, knowledge, observation and research.  I was what I would call "hesitant."  Although I would have eventually gotten either one, I was skeptical of the Phizer and Moderna vaccines just because of the brand new mRNA technology and how it's done  I wanted a vaccine using "familiar" technology, which is why I was happy to get the J & J vaccine, which is a viral vector vaccine... a technology we've been using for half a century.  

I did A LOT of research and am quite happy with my decision.  And I'm more comfortable now if in the future I need to get an mRNA vaccine, as well.

So I think we should stop using the phrase "vaccine hesitancy" as the problem.  It's the "vaccine refusal" that's the problem.  And those are by a heavy plurality the white Republican men.

I don’t believe I ever heard this story Grandpa, tell me the one again where the ship you were on hit an iceberg!  

Actually, thanks for sharing.  I knew I would get the vaccine when it was available assuming people were not dropping like flies from receiving it. I trusted Trump to deliver, and he did.  I had zero fears of dying from COVID, moderate fears of infecting people I love, and recognize for some people it’s dangerous.  My reasoning is simple, I don’t like getting sick.  I’ve gotten a flu shot for ten years and this was simple decision for me. 

Thanks for posting this... these people are all saying they trust scientists, not Donald Trump.

What's the problem?  You're calling this "political mischievousness" and that's a massive part of the problem here because this shouldn't be a political issue... it should be a scientific one.

Then it should not have been politicized, and it was. You just acknowledged your role.   Trump didn’t make the vaccine in his basement—you know that—-and those opposed to Trump chose to politicize the development of the vaccine and absolutely contributed to the cynicism.  That was dangerous and irresponsible, and people likely died as a result. 

And that's exactly what they're saying:  "I trust the scientists, not the politician."

And as much as you want to flip that same argument around on Biden (because I know you're just itching to do that), my point is that it's the scientists (and science itself if you look at it) have been saying for MONTHS now that these vaccines are safe and efficacious and that EVERYONE should be getting vaccinated so that life can get back to normal

So tell me, when Trump was shepherding the fast tracking of vaccine(s) and your eternal beloveds were sowing doubt and spreading disinformation...what were the scientists saying?  That the vaccine would be dangerous? Risky? Hit or miss?  

Nope, your folks just played it that way and you went along for the ride. 

I trust the scientists, mostly, just not those acting in political roles.  

Sorry dude, it’s inconvenient but ultimately truthful:  People see through the bullshyt of a Tony Fauci when he bloviates about 6 people at a Memorial Day picnic killing grandma, and the need to shut down the local brew pub while looking the other way during mass gatherings where tens of thousands get together for hours on end.  

He failed, badly.  As a result, people came to the conclusion he’s probably full of shyt. That’s all on him. 

Excellent point about the Dems being partly responsible for the vaccine refusers, just like Fauci was partly responsible for mask-refusers.  I remember Kackling Kammy saying she wouldn't trust the vaccine...because she knew it was coming by the end of the year and it might affect the election (and should have, but the drug companies and FDA colluded to hide that information until days after).  And no one knows the long-term effects of this vaccine.  There may end up being none, but no one knows that for sure at present.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Excellent point about the Dems being partly responsible for the vaccine refusers, just like Fauci was partly responsible for mask-refusers.  I remember Kackling Kammy saying she wouldn't trust the vaccine...because she knew it was coming by the end of the year and it might affect the election (and should have, but the drug companies and FDA colluded to hide that information until days after).  And no one knows the long-term effects of this vaccine.  There may end up being none, but no one knows that for sure at present.

I’m old enough to remember when those on the left were skeptical about the vaccine. “He’s rolling it out too quickly!!”  

Now I walk around with a   🚫💉  sewed on all my shirt pockets.  “You!!  Non-Vaxxer”

5A29648F-9751-4C83-8DE1-26C2B8D63EE8.thumb.jpeg.ff1b7f2fda6c88a7d1bb89adb4ff5d6b.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why didn't Trump just release the intel five months ago?

He was still working on declassifying the UFO stuff. Try to keep up. 

Speaking of reports, where is the Durham report with all the indictments? Two weeks? 

Edited by John Adams
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/6/2021 at 4:15 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s your interpretation of what occurred, and it’s flatly false.  That they chose to find a new home to have the discussion is their right.  You are correct, however, you are free to criticize and exercise that right and seem to do so on a somewhat regular basis.  

Which part of what I said there was false? I spent enough time in PPP interacting with them and watching others interact... so I would like you to claim which part was false.

My bad.  You were very complimentary and supportive of their collective decision, and I misunderstood what appeared to be derogatory statements about former posters. 

This is a bullchit Houdini escape act. Can you just plainly acknowledge that your accusations were flat wrong without being weakly?

😂 Your distrust is in one guy and all his appointees.   I can see how that doesn’t reflect distrust in the government we had over the four years prior to Dementia Joe.

??????

How do you propose to mandate vax, what would the penalty be for non-compliance and how would you handle the very delicate issue with black and brown people who refuse?   Obviously white people will refuse as well but I think I know what you would do there. 

Once the FDA approvals go through before the end of the year, it all gets easier.  :beer:

I'm not interested in talking on the terms you choose to dictate.  I think the decision to vaccinate is a private decision for each person to make.  

Wonderful. Problem is... there are vaccinations you’re required to get by the Government that you and all those "personal choice" people have already gotten.

If you choose to ignore the substantial number of Dems and indys, and bluster through the issue as it relates to  Black citizens, that’s fine, but it’s bulkshyt.  Then again maybe you should go out and counsel them on how their feelings are understandable but in this case, they’re being stubborn, defiant and screwing things up for the rest of us. 

Well there you go.  As time moves on, folks get more comfortable. Maybe in time some of the Rs, Indys, Dems and others will decide to get the vaccine.  Until then, their body their rules unless your gulag plan gets some legs to it. 

Ignore? Stop it with your 100% or 0% crap. The fact is Rs are the problem right now by a wide margin. Focus on the biggest fixes.

That's Rs.

We wouldn’t need what?  Compliance?   So you’re advocating forced compliance for everyone who’s white and Republican and “wouldn’t need to” for everyone else on your list?  

@Big Blitz is the standard bearer on the constantly evolving herd immunity as pitched in The Amazing Tony Fauci Medicine show.  70%. 75% 82% 85%.  Now the “elusive and mythical” number.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/is-herd-immunity-a-realistic-concept-fauci-calls-it-elusive-and-mystical-11620148465

Spoiler alert—this douche is all over the page, and part of the reason thinking folks don’t want the vaccine.  

You guys are silly.

Mandate the vaccine upon FDA approval... yes.

I don’t believe I ever heard this story Grandpa, tell me the one again where the ship you were on hit an iceberg!  

Actually, thanks for sharing.  I knew I would get the vaccine when it was available assuming people were not dropping like flies from receiving it. I trusted Trump to deliver, and he did.  I had zero fears of dying from COVID, moderate fears of infecting people I love, and recognize for some people it’s dangerous.  My reasoning is simple, I don’t like getting sick.  I’ve gotten a flu shot for ten years and this was simple decision for me. 

You're starting to sound bitter. Are you preparing your own Exit to the comfortable Echo Chamber you also frequent?

Then it should not have been politicized, and it was. You just acknowledged your role.   Trump didn’t make the vaccine in his basement—you know that—-and those opposed to Trump chose to politicize the development of the vaccine and absolutely contributed to the cynicism.  That was dangerous and irresponsible, and people likely died as a result. 

Trump was President when the vaccines were developed and approved. If you don't understand he bears most of the responsibility for the politicization of the vaccines, then you're truly lost.

So tell me, when Trump was shepherding the fast tracking of vaccine(s) and your eternal beloveds were sowing doubt and spreading disinformation...what were the scientists saying?  That the vaccine would be dangerous? Risky? Hit or miss?  

Nope, your folks just played it that way and you went along for the ride. 

I trust the scientists, mostly, just not those acting in political roles.  

Sorry dude, it’s inconvenient but ultimately truthful:  People see through the bullshyt of a Tony Fauci when he bloviates about 6 people at a Memorial Day picnic killing grandma, and the need to shut down the local brew pub while looking the other way during mass gatherings where tens of thousands get together for hours on end.  

He failed, badly.  As a result, people came to the conclusion he’s probably full of shyt. That’s all on him. 

WTF are you even talking about????

Scientists were talking science--not politics-- about the vaccine. And they were stressing safety and efficacy of at first a potential vaccine and then an actual vaccine well before the election.

And that includes Fauci.

This is just sad.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ignore? Stop it with your 100% or 0% crap. The fact is Rs are the problem right now by a wide margin. Focus on the biggest fixes.

That's Rs.

You guys are silly.

Mandate the vaccine upon FDA approval... yes.

You're starting to sound bitter. Are you preparing your own Exit to the comfortable Echo Chamber you also frequent?

Trump was President when the vaccines were developed and approved. If you don't understand he bears most of the responsibility for the politicization of the vaccines, then you're truly lost.

WTF are you even talking about????

Scientists were talking science--not politics-- about the vaccine. And they were stressing safety and efficacy of at first a potential vaccine and then an actual vaccine well before the election.

And that includes Fauci.

This is just sad.

Didn't read, too long, but still laughed.

• Like (+1) 1