The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

So fun thing from watching the news here in Wyoming, the city of Cheyenne the state capital has issued a mask mandate, but I'm sure we're all just rounding a corner.

At leas NFL overtimes are safe because they wear masks to the coin flips.

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So fun thing from watching the news here in Wyoming, the city of Cheyenne the state capital has issued a mask mandate, but I'm sure we're all just rounding a corner.

You’re aware that this is a big country right? The upper plains states are now taking their turn as the virus has gotten into that population. No amount of preventive mask wearing was going to stop it, but the peak of infection will subside there as well in a few weeks just like it has everywhere else in America. Relax!

Edited by SoCal Deek

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Millions and millions of people protested all summer and trump told them to stay home. But they didn’t

It's Halloween , risto. 

44 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re aware that this is a big country right? The upper plains states are now taking their turn as the virus has gotten into that population. No amount of preventive mask wearing was going to stop it, but the peak of infection will subside there as well in a few weeks just like it has everywhere else in America. Relax!

The virus will be eradicated Wednesday.

On 10/29/2020 at 7:27 PM, SoCal Deek said:

So what you're really saying is that in the future all candidates will use this election as precedent and simply stay in their basements, saying as little as possible, seeing almost nobody, and answering no questions at all.  I'm all for that!   This has been exhausting! 

This sounds like the same exact strategy I use for avoiding arguments with my wife.  So as someone with a lot of experience at it I'm all-in for entering the 2024 race!

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Without reading the study my first thought is that unless they performed accurate and measurable contact tracing they must be making big assumptions to draw that conclusion.  My guess is something like identifying the location of the rally and then measuring the level of infection in that location over time and assigning causality to any increase in the numbers to the event.  That doesn't prove anything.  So count me skeptical as with all things lately the core objective is more political than scientific in nature.  I expect its a statistical certainty the people doing the study are Biden supporters which establishes expectation bias from the start. 

I work in health care analytics and have access to billions of data records of all kinds.  EHR, claims, Rx, providers, hospitals, labs, procedure and diagnosis records.  You name it.  And I say this with confidence, we have much more information and data than anyone at Stanford. 

We've performed numerous de-identified COVID studies, reports, and statistical analysis's for client companies and government agencies.  And while general studies can illustrate distribution and spread patterns of the outbreak to date there is no validated study by anyone that has identified specific events that have traced forward to identify the pattern and level of the outbreak.  To do this you need rigorous contact tracing data which I am certain is not available for the rally events.  The lesson with studies is you can conclude most anything you want but when applying general statistical principals and testing the assumptions most fall flat on their backside. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Without reading the study my first thought is that unless they performed accurate and measurable contact tracing they must be making big assumptions to draw that conclusion.  My guess is something like identifying the location of the rally and then measuring the level of infection in that location over time and assigning causality to any increase in the numbers to the event.  That doesn't prove anything.  So count me skeptical as with all things lately the core objective is more political than scientific in nature.  I expect its a statistical certainty the people doing the study are Biden supporters which establishes expectation bias from the start. 

I work in health care analytics and have access to billions of data records of all kinds.  EHR, claims, Rx, providers, hospitals, labs, procedure and diagnosis records.  You name it.  And I say this with confidence, we have much more information and data than anyone at Stanford. 

We've performed numerous de-identified COVID studies, reports, and statistical analysis's for client companies and government agencies.  And while general studies can illustrate distribution and spread patterns of the outbreak to date there is no validated study by anyone that has identified specific events that have traced forward to identify the pattern and level of the outbreak.  To do this you need rigorous contact tracing data which I am certain is not available for the rally events.  The lesson with studies is you can conclude most anything you want but when applying general statistical principals and testing the assumptions most fall flat on their backside. 

You are making some assumptions here, too, since you admit to having not even looked at the study.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

You are making some assumptions here, too, since you admit to having not even looked at the study.

True but basic common sense should tell you how the hell can they trace all those cases to Trump rallies?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

True but basic common sense should tell you how the hell can they trace all those cases to Trump rallies?

Well, perhaps the study explains their methodology.

Stanford isn't exactly Buttocks University. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Well, perhaps the study explains their methodology.

Stanford isn't exactly Buttocks University. 

If those rallies caused 700 deaths Than how many did the riots and protests cause? 10s of thousands? Hundreds of thousands of cases? 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

If those rallies caused 700 deaths Than how many did the riots and protests cause? 10s of thousands? Hundreds of thousands of cases? 

Is your position that protesters and Trump have caused death, or neither did, for starters, and can you source the numbers from a study that shows protestors caused hundreds of thousands cases?

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Is your position that protesters and Trump have caused death, or neither did, for starters, and can you source the numbers from a study that shows protestors caused hundreds of thousands cases?

Its common sense right? Millions and millions of people in confined spaces.  The issue is nobody is allowed to study if the blm protests spread the virus as they would become canceled as racists.  I have no issue with people using their constitutional right to protest but to say it caused zero spread is just stupid.   

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

True Trumps attacking nature has caused riots and criminal activity also on top of his rallies causing Covid spread.... This guy is horrible.

Trump has been known to insight violence that is a good pickup aristocrat.

Edited by TBBills

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

England to enter second month long lockdown.  Good god I hope this doesn't happen here.  

https://www.politico.eu/article/england-to-enter-month-long-second-coronavirus-lockdown/

Unfortunately, thanks to Covid Donnie and his sycophants'  Superspreader Grand Tour of the big swing states, at least parts of the US are likely to end up in the same place within a month of the election.  I caught a commentator on the news this morning refer to Trump's campaign as the "most immoral" in American history.   He's literally demanding that his true believers put their lives on the line just to stroke his ego.

14 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Unfortunately, thanks to Covid Donnie and his sycophants'  Superspreader Grand Tour of the big swing states, at least parts of the US are likely to end up in the same place within a month of the election.  I caught a commentator on the news this morning refer to Trump's campaign as the "most immoral" in American history.   He's literally demanding that his true believers put their lives on the line just to stroke his ego.

Especially since he made it mandatory that they go.

• Haha (+1) 1