Jump to content
Reed83HOF

NYG requested permission to interview Daboll for OC - DENIED

Recommended Posts

If we can't blame Daboll, then who is to blame?  I am so sick of people happy with an Offense that struggles to put teams away, put up 20 points & incapable of passing for 300 yards.

 

The defense was 24th in the league, which I guess is a huge jump from 29-31 the prior two years, but to be satisfied, stupifies me.

 

No I didn't expect a jump like the LA Rams made in 2017, but yes year 2 of Josh I wanted to see a minimum of 5 games that the offense clicked for 4 quarters.  

 

Tired of this 9 new players excuse & how some here are so enamored with the Process that they push everything out another year.......  

 

Look at John DeFilippo (and no I had no idea who he was either) & how he has got 3 OC jobs & fired after 1 year in each one.....  These guys all seem to rebound and some team thinks they are the answer.

 

If someone wants Daboll, good for them & move on.....   

 

To me if they are so high on Daboll, then they are down on Allen & think he's the reason the offense ranked as high as 24th, which says little about Allen......😉

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

If we can't blame Daboll, then who is to b;lame?  I am so sick of people happy with an Offense that struggles to put teams away, put up 20 points & incapable of passing for 300 yards.

 

Brandon Beane, ultimately. He admitted it himself in his end of season presser too. In his own words he did a "lousy" job with putting together a competitive offense in 2018 and still has "work to do" as compared to the offensive talent he gave the coaches in 2019.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Brandon Beane, ultimately. He admitted it himself in his end of season presser too. In his own words he did a "lousy" job with putting together a competitive offense in 2018 and still has "work to do" as compared to the offensive talent he gave the coaches in 2019.

Easy out.....  Protect your coaches & in a position of power be able to deflect properly.

 

Still the inability to look proficient on Offense was an issue.....  I guess Daboll could show an endless loop of games vs. Miami (and yes the Dallas game too).......  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

If we can't blame Daboll, then who is to blame?  I am so sick of people happy with an Offense that struggles to put teams away, put up 20 points & incapable of passing for 300 yards.

 

The defense was 24th in the league, which I guess is a huge jump from 29-31 the prior two years, but to be satisfied, stupifies me.

 

No I didn't expect a jump like the LA Rams made in 2017, but yes year 2 of Josh I wanted to see a minimum of 5 games that the offense clicked for 4 quarters.  

 

Tired of this 9 new players excuse & how some here are so enamored with the Process that they push everything out another year.......  

 

Look at John DeFilippo (and no I had no idea who he was either) & how he has got 3 OC jobs & fired after 1 year in each one.....  These guys all seem to rebound and some team thinks they are the answer.

 

If someone wants Daboll, good for them & move on.....   

 

To me if they are so high on Daboll, then they are down on Allen & think he's the reason the offense ranked as high as 24th, which says little about Allen......😉

 

Huh? The Defense was #2 in the league....maybe you meant Offense? If so, then the rest of it makes sense.

 

I don't agree with your opinion, but at least it explains the rest of your post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Easy out.....  Protect your coaches & in a position of power be able to deflect properly.

 

Still the inability to look proficient on Offense was an issue.....  I guess Daboll could show an endless loop of games vs. Miami (and yes the Dallas game too).......  

 

I disagree. The main problem on offense remains talent. Brandon Beane knows that and he knows that he has to help. The coaching has a role to play too. The young guys - Knox, Ford, Singletary, Sweeney etc need to be developed. But they need to add top end talent. That is inarguable.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m happy they blocked it. We’ve had a few teams sniffing around assistant coaches and coordinators. I like the bills sending the message that unless it’s early in the hiring process and a substantial promotion there shouldn’t be a request. 

And by promotion it means HC. Because every other position can be blocked. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

 

Huh? The Defense was #2 in the league....maybe you meant Offense? If so, then the rest of it makes sense.

 

I don't agree with your opinion, but at least it explains the rest of your post. 

Oops Offence!!!!!  My bad....

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he has a good year this year, he'll be a head coach next year. Let him show what he can do with an offense that will largely return next year. He had crap to work with year 1, year 2 was better but everyone was new. This should be a good year for him to show his chops. I expect a top 10 offense. Not necessarily top 5 but at least they should be consistently good. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And by promotion it means HC. Because every other position can be blocked. 

 

For sure. If position coaches were getting coordinator offers I think in most cases the Bills would let them interview even if they are not obliged to. However, the later you get into Jan the more disruptive that becomes and the more likely a team are to say no. You only ever let you coorindators move laterally if you are about to move on from them anyway.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

his play calling has set this offense back

Disagree, a bit.

1. Calling more passes and fewer runs has likely accelerated Josh's development as a passer. 

2. Often plays were there, but the execution was not.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Three years of the same coaching hierarchy in Buffalo? That's unheard of!

It’s unpossible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Daboll is an enigma. He can be very frustrating.
 

All that aside, if the Bills think he's the best person for the job, then I will accept that.

This is where I'm at. While I'm somewhat indifferent to Daboll (don't love him, don't hate him), Coach McDermott has earned my trust through three seasons, and if he believes that Daboll is the right man for the job, then so be it.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Daboll spent much of this year trying out ideas to see what our skill guys could do reliably. I do think next year the offense should look much better with continuity and should jump up to top 12. If not then let him go.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will I say I'm certain Daboll is an amazing coordinator? no.  

 

However, Josh Allen is progressing, and that's enough for me to say let the show go on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Judge Judy is hell bent on bringing in as many ex-Pats as he can. Poached multiple  from Flores staff already 

Image result for laughing gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm daboll i wouldn't want the oc job for the giants. He's spent the last 2 years grooming Allen and now he'd have to essentially start from scratch with a new offense. Can't imagine it'd be THAT much more money either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was never a big Daboll fan because of some of the personnel groupings he uses and some of his situational calls but when you dissect this offense, we're leaving a lot of plays on the field that should be positive plays.  Mainly because of Josh missing them and some poor execution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No. 


I thought this was a thing at least a few years ago. Maybe the NFL changed it? As I recall, teams would give guys that assistant head coach title to prevent lateral moves. I think Bobby April may have had that title for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They WILL end up with Jason Garrett. He is a perfect fit.  They need someone with head coaching experience to help the new guy navigate the waters.  Plus, Garrett will get to face Jerry twice a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

BUT TSW tells us all the time that Daboll is terrible!

 

Why the interest?

 

 

 

And both of the teams interested have young QBs that they need developed the right way. Maybe some people around the league think Daboll is doing a good enough job with Josh to try to hire him.

 

Heck, if I were those teams, I would bring in the O coordinators and QB coaches for all the teams with young QBs just to have the conversation. What worked or didn't work with your guy? What would you do differently? If you were hired here how would you handle our young QB? It's like free consulting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just stupid...why would a team try to interview someone for a lateral move? As if the team they are requesting permission from is just going to be like "Oh sure, go interview him, we will just find someone else"

26 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

Will I say I'm certain Daboll is an amazing coordinator? no.  

 

However, Josh Allen is progressing, and that's enough for me to say let the show go on.

 

Yeah, this is a situation where a lot people would be wise to "be careful what you ask for".  We don't know how much Daboll is responsible for Allen's progression from year 1 to year 2, but from people in the know its considered A LOT.  

 

Replace the OC and you could see Allen regress and potentially regress badly from year 2 to year 3.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Why couldn't Daboll have been allowed to interview for the position?  Good way to get rid of his bearded bowling ball head without having to fire him.

I don't know...Maybe the smarter people are not firing him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Three years of the same coaching hierarchy in Buffalo? That's unheard of!

this will have benefits if they also stabalize the players as well.  Knowing the system is key to making it work.  Should have a lot of that next season...not 9 new starters on the O particularily.  (if we can resign them, anyhow)  Daboll is part of Josh Allen's progression, and that is what the rest of the league is noticing.  Bringing on a young Daniel Jones is what the G men had in mind.  Denying interview for a laterial is fine....give Daboll a raise and an attaboy.

Edited by bigK14094

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...