Sign in to follow this  
Teddy KGB

LSU WR’s or Bills WR’s ?

Whose got better wideouts   

121 members have voted

1. 1. Whose got better wideouts

This shows the improvement the Bills have made.  Rather than asking if a college team can beat the Bills, it is being asked if a college position group is better.

WR seems to be the hardest to project success from college to NFL.  High picks flame out, UDFA flourish.  While the LSU receivers look good, history would indicate 1 or 2 will not make it.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

Allen and LSU's WRs 

or

Burrow and Buffalo's WR's?

Burrow and Buffalo's WRs .....literally.....next year....QB competition!

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Burrow.  The Bengals picked a good year to hire a bad coach.

It's really unfortunate that such a good QB is going to be so thoroughly ruined by a horrible franchise.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Change that from DuDe to Dolt.  John Brown is more than a #3

Brown might be, and I really mean might be, at best, a good number two receiver. In no way is he a number one receiver despite the night season he had. He disappears and games too often and he is not capable of putting the team on his back like a true number one should be able to do. I Brown might be, and I really mean might be, at best, a good number two receiver. In no way is he a number one receiver despite the night season he had. He disappears and games too often and he is not capable of putting the team on his back like a true number one should be able to do.

56 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's really unfortunate that such a good QB is going to be so thoroughly ruined by a horrible franchise.

you think that’s possible ?   the guy looks pretty flawless, gonna win in time for sure 

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

you think that’s possible ?   the guy looks pretty flawless, gonna win in time for sure 

The way that Paul Brown runs that team, much like the way Ralph ran the Bills (but even worse 😳), I dont doubt they could ruin even the greatest players.

Serious question: Do you think if the Bills had drafted Brady in 2000, with the state of the franchise, he still would have gone on to be the GOAT?

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The way that Paul Brown runs that team, much like the way Ralph ran the Bills (but even worse 😳), I dont doubt they could ruin even the greatest players.

Serious question: Do you think if the Bills had drafted Brady in 2000, with the state of the franchise, he still would have gone on to be the GOAT?

he would have dinked and dunked his way into the playoffs a few times I would think 

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

he would have dinked and dunked his way into the playoffs a few times I would think 

If for no other reason than keeping him off the Pats would have hampered their dynasty. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Only one in four 1st round draft pick NFL receivers in this breakdown from 2000-2014 translate to great pros.

It's basically one per year.  Check it out

https://www.fantasyindex.com/2015/04/13/factoid/first-round-wide-receivers

I wouldn't mind a 1 in 4 chance to get a "great" NFL WR on the roster.  Beats having zero on the roster year after year after...

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Brown might be, and I really mean might be, at best, a good number two receiver. In no way is he a number one receiver despite the night season he had. He disappears and games too often and he is not capable of putting the team on his back like a true number one should be able to do. I Brown might be, and I really mean might be, at best, a good number two receiver. In no way is he a number one receiver despite the night season he had. He disappears and games too often and he is not capable of putting the team on his back like a true number one should be able to do.

He’s not “at best a good #2”.  He IS a good #2

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s not “at best a good #2”.  He IS a good #2

Nope. Not dominating or consistent enough to be even in that category. But you’re entitled to your opinion

18 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Nope. Not dominating or consistent enough to be even in that category. But you’re entitled to your opinion

he’s had back to back 1,000 yard seasons no ? 

he’s Definetly a good #2 

i voted both because the poll wasn't done with radio buttons and im sorry but im basically a monster and an agent of chaos.

I thought the same thing last night watching the game. I wondered if the Bills have a single offensive Skill position player that would start for LSU.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

maybe, but I don’t think that is how it works. Imo Good players lift the franchise. If he is ‘ruined’ he probably wasn’t making it anyway

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

54 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

You have to consistently dominate to be a top 45 receiver in the NFL? Boy, there are like 10 teams with a single WR on their roster who are qualified to be a good #2. What’s your criteria for a good number one? Jerry Rice clone?

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I thought the same thing last night watching the game. I wondered if the Bills have a single offensive Skill position player that would start for LSU.  

It really is an interesting thought. These LSU skill players are ridiculous. I think that Singletary would certainly be in the rotation. I actually like Edwards-Helaire as a guy to join the Bills backfield. He has a different skill set. I’d give our skill players for theirs for sure though. They are special.

• Like (+1) 1

LSU's receivers and it's not even remotely close. I have to think anyone that voted the Bills receivers is a homer and just doesn't want to admit the team's deficiencies. 

Edited by WildBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

No, but you’re entitled to your opinion.  

LSU and it's not even close.

Chase is going to be a top 10 WR in the NFL.

16 hours ago, Utah John said:

Wait till the LSU WRs have to go up against NFL CBs.  Wait till the LSU WRs have to recognize NFL defenses in the blink of an eye, and make route adjustments.  I'm not saying they can't do that, I'm saying that until they show what they can do against NFL competition, this is a silly comparison.

They go against nfl caliber DBs all season - CJ Henderson (UF), Xavier McKinney (Bama), Trevon Diggs (bama),  Cameron Dantzler (Miss St), JR Reed (UGA),  and their secondary will all likely be in the nfl which I’m sure they practice against each other a lot.   Now it’s not the same as an NFL defense, but the SEC is about as close is you get in terms of talent and scheme. 

On 1/14/2020 at 7:58 AM, mannc said:

And yet there were five WRs taken in second and early third (and who the Bills passed on) just this past year who appear to be headed for stardom.  It’s not that hard.

Hopefully not.

For 1st rounders we hit on Moulds and Lee Evans.

Missed on Sammy.  (KC $21M cap hit next year omg that dude had better score 5 TD's a game from now on)

On 1/13/2020 at 11:59 PM, mannc said:

I think the Bills would still be playing if we had swapped them out.

Who's going to throw them the ball?  

Or are you proposing a visionary new offense in which the wideouts throw the ball to themselves?