Divisional Round: Titans at Ravens

egd

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Might not be at the moment.

But I think smart money is Allen has the better career.

Lamar benefited from a team, GM, Coach and OC who were absolutely all-in on running a system custom-made for Jackson.

The Bills, on the other hand, are trying to mould Allen into a modern NFL pocket QB.

It's possible. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

‘It wasn’t his fault’

That really pisses me off.  Allen's INT that bounced off Beasley's hands was all his fault when Chris Collinsworth is calling the game.  We had to endure 5 minutes of replays showing how Allen threw off the wrong foot.  With Fouts, Jackson's much worse throw was just a "little high".  This is what bugs those of us who support Allen - the double standard is oppressive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ravens have the same problem we do, no #1 receiver. You can only get so far in the playoffs without one. You can't run an entire offense through gimmick plays. Eventually you need someone that can make plays against the secondary.

The Ravens have elite TE and a very very good WR if he’s not elite.  The Titans did a brilliant job of taking away the middle of the field and forcing Jackson into throws he struggles with, and getting just enough pressure and coverage that guys couldn’t adjust.  He had guys dropping passes all night that they normally make, but the way they were being defended and the kind of passes he was throwing matter.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm sure Harbaugh had them prepared, just prepared to  play the game they've played the entire season.  Tennessee was prepared for it and dismantled the Ravens.  Baltimore couldn't adjust when Tennessee shut down Lamar.

preparing includes the possible adjustments needed

Just now, zow2 said:

yeah but the Titans have made only one big pass in both of their playoff wins. They don’t have 100 yds passing in either game.  So there are many different recipes to winning playoff games

The Titans have better receivers than the Ravens or Patriots. AJ Brown has been great this year, obviously he's too young to call him a #1 but he makes plays. Derrick Henry makes up the difference.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm sure Harbaugh had them prepared, just prepared to  play the game they've played the entire season.  Tennessee was prepared for it and dismantled the Ravens.  Baltimore couldn't adjust when Tennessee shut down Lamar.

I’d like to think we gave a bit of a blueprint for doing that

• Thank you (+1) 1