The plan to replace Lorenzo Alexander?

warrior9

I honestly think the best fit to replace Lorax would be Kyle Van Noy of the Pats He is an UFA and a true hybrid player. He's got length, can cover, and can rush the passer. But I think he may be in for a pretty big pay day. 

My next target would be Kyler Fackrell. I really liked him at draft time and I think he has the potential to do more than he has done in Green Bay. I think he is for a pay day, but not as much as Van Noy or Judon. I think he can rush the passer and can cover and he's excelled at times. I think he had like three sacks against us last year. 

Other guys who could fit  Bud Dupree, Vince Biegel, Jamie Collins, Judon.  Then there are traditional OLBs like AJ Klein, Nick Vigil who could fit as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

Do we think New England is re-signing all 3 of their UFA LBs?

Van Noy, Collins, and Roberts are all slated to hit FA. If it's Van Noy, then Edmunds could play more outside. 

@MrEpsYtown

Read my mind. My list right now is:

Kyle Van Noy

Jamie Collins

Mario Addison 

Kyler Fackrell

Elandon Roberts

Kamalei Correa

AJ Klein 

• Like (+1) 2

I think the Bills will strongly look to sign any one of these guys for this next upcoming year.  

Jadeveon Clowney, Bud Dupree, Everson Griffen, Dante Fowler, Shaquil Barrett, Matt Judon, Vic Beasley, Yannick Ngakoue and Robert Quinn.

From my view I believe it's probable that one of these guys will be in a Bills uniform for 2020.

The only one out of that group that I'm not super keen on is Griffen because of his age but the rest are either entering into their prime or in their prime.

3 hours ago, warrior9 said:

In this defense, McDermott/Frazier used Lorenzo is a lot of different packages. 1st and 2nd down when on the field he played a pretty standard 4-3 LB. 

Where it gets interesting is on third down, he played the 3 tech (standing up) and would rush off the edge. He's 6'1 245ish so he is a pretty big body. I think his athleticism is ~ avg for an NFL LB.

Do they (or you) think that Vosean Joseph is this guy? He is 6'1 230 or so (now has had a full year to train so may be more now), hes super athletic, and has awesome instincts but i'm unfamiliar with his coverage ability.  I hate that we couldn't really see him play this year. In an ideal world, he is the guy. An LB corp with Edmunds, Milano, and Joseph would be an insanely athletic and fast group.

What do you think they do to replace him and/or what you like them to do to replace him? 

Want a Vet - AJ Klein

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

They better NOT be looking to take a defensive player in round 1...they need offense. Find someone in FA

I think its' wide reciever or defensive end, but it is way too early to tell. But 22 is the area that good linebackers and tight ends often fall to, so we shall see how it goes. 

I would hope Joseph gets a shot to play and they move Edmunds around more. With his burst he’s shown he can be a deadly pass rusher when given opportunities. If Joseph and Milano can cover back there Edmunds should be free to rush or cover or spy. 
I do expect a mid tier free agent or 2 or 3 depending what they do with our current guys. And of course our usually 4th or 5th round dart on another linebacker. I don’t think well be in the running for the popular guys people want though. 

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think its' wide reciever or defensive end, but it is way too early to tell. But 22 is the area that good linebackers and tight ends often fall to, so we shall see how it goes. 

I think we are going to be pretty good with Knox and Sweeney as our main receiving threats.  I don't see the need for another TE especially in round 1. Kroft almost assuredly is going to get cut and they will keep Smith as the blocking TE. Apparently so is WR considering the number of really good WR's that have been taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds the past few drafts.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

I think his role will require a couple different players to fill. When Taron Johnson was out they filled his role with two to three different guys based on the down and distance. We might see something similar where the Bills fill his void with a free agent plus guys already on the team.

51 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

They better NOT be looking to take a defensive player in round 1...they need offense. Find someone in FA

Prepare to be disappointed.  If someone like the guy from Penn State or K'Lavon Chaisson is available at 22, McDermott will not be able to help himself.  The rationale will be that in this draft, there will be good WRs available in rounds 2 and 3. 

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, mannc said:

Prepare to be disappointed.  If someone like the guy from Penn State or K'Lavon Chaisson is available at 22, McDermott will not be able to help himself.  The rationale will be that in this draft, there will be good WRs available in rounds 2 and 3. 

Msp you over draft DEs?  Only reason either are mentioned as first round talent is because there isn’t any. Only 2 Edge have 1st round grades IMO Young and Esperanza 

7 minutes ago, The Tomcat said:

Bring in Luke Kuechly and slip Edmunds to outside LB

He's not a free agent until 2022, didn't have a great year, will be 30, has had concussions, etc... pass.

Edited by warrior9

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

Exactly! I would love for him to have added 10-15 lbs between his IR year and this offseason! 

Yeah Hopefully he bulked up and gained strength this year while he was out. We will see what he looks like in OTAs. Haven't heard anything about him since preseason.

Edited by wppete

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Msp you over draft DEs?  Only reason either are mentioned as first round talent is because there isn’t any. Only 2 Edge have 1st round grades IMO Young and Esperanza 

Sorry.  I don't know what this means.  Can you translate or re-phrase?

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Sorry.  I don't know what this means.  Can you translate or re-phrase?

Yeah not sure what my phone posted there. Meant to say So McD overdrafts DEs. Only two DEs with first round grades Are Young and Esperanza. The rest are bumper because of lack of talent at the position. Don’t overdraft. 

• Like (+1) 1