Josh Allen article

This pretty much sums it up I think. 

I love the kid. My hope is that someone in the next few months before the 2020 season, sits down with him and shows him a mashup of all his bad plays and all his good plays. Maybe this will help him understand what it means to be an NFL QB, not a drunken lunatic playing Madden.

https://apple.news/AsmRQ3tnPROioVhjBARzA8Q

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I hate that he called him a dolt but I said the same thing in a thread the other day: I’m excited any time he has the ball. 

For all his faults, he has improved dramatically this year. From completion percentage to limiting INT’s to getting rid of hero ball. I can’t wait to see what next season brings!

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I love the kid. My hope is that someone in the next few months before the 2020 season, sits down with him and shows him a mashup of all his bad plays and all his good plays. Maybe this will help him understand what it means to be an NFL QB, not a drunken lunatic playing Madden.

Every QB has bad plays

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I hate that he called him a dolt but I said the same thing in a thread the other day: I’m excited any time he has the ball. 

For all his faults, he has improved dramatically this year. From completion percentage to limiting INT’s to getting rid of hero ball. I can’t wait to see what next season brings!

Didn't read it after I saw this, if true...and I assume it is. Calling a guy who is obviously bright, and scored a 37 on the Wonderlic is a disqualifier for me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

honestly- I hope they don’t dwell on the end of game. He must get it and if he doesn’t you aren’t reaching him. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Didn't read it after I saw this, if true...and I assume it is. Calling a guy who is obviously bright, and scored a 37 on the Wonderlic is a disqualifier for me.

Oh boy. 

You should read it. It’s actually pretty funny, and if you can’t laugh at how goofy some of his plays from this game were, then you might be taking “the game” a little bit too serious. 

The article is a light hearted look at the doltish things our QB does. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

He did but I don’t think it was a slight pertaining to intelligence. Instead, he means he makes boneheaded plays at times. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

"Josh Allen was ripping double guitar solos with fireworks coming off the fretboard and a dang live tiger on the stage."

Thats friggin great

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

"Josh Allen was ripping double guitar solos with fireworks coming off the fretboard and a dang live tiger on the stage."

Thats friggin great

I loved this part too. He’s an exciting player, and unfortunately, he’s not always put in the best positions to succeed. Better play calling on both sides of the ball and we are talking about the game next week, and all of Josh’s sins, would be forgotten. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I loved this part too. He’s an exciting player, and unfortunately, he’s not always put in the best positions to succeed. Better play calling on both sides of the ball and we are talking about the game next week, and all of Josh’s sins, would be forgotten. 

but that’s the problem- wins shouldn’t erase them. The first half wasn’t stellar ball, he played decent and got away with a few errors that could’ve been huge. 

27 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

He may be smart off the field, but a lot of the time he plays the game like a big dumb animal.

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

but that’s the problem- wins shouldn’t erase them. The first half wasn’t stellar ball, he played decent and got away with a few errors that could’ve been huge. 

Maybe by some fans, but for the most part, if they win the game no one would be complaining. If they win the game, that goofy lateral is “dont ever do that again” kind of a moment. If they win the game, that horrid 4th and 27 is a moment when we all willfully forget how we got there as fan base and a team. 

There’s no greater cause of amnesia in sports, than success. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen gets one more season to prove he's a franchise QB. 

Panicking in the biggest moments is not encouraging. 

Getting zero TDs against a poor D is not encouraging. 

All will be forgotten if next season is much better. If not, dump him.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Oh boy. 

You should read it. It’s actually pretty funny, and if you can’t laugh at how goofy some of his plays from this game were, then you might be taking “the game” a little bit too serious. 

The article is a light hearted look at the doltish things our QB does. 

F that. I'm going to file "light-hearted looks at our 'dolt' QB" under "things to read when senile."

35 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

honestly- I hope they don’t dwell on the end of game. He must get it and if he doesn’t you aren’t reaching him. 

I am not sure what is wrong with his play at the end of the game. My recollection is that he got us to OT and then in FG position, if barely, to win the game until the non-blind side blind-side bs call. 

• Like (+1) 1