Arrival at the Airport

CEN-CAL17

11 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I hope fans show up in droves at the airport tonight! This team is raw, young and still trying to gel after 1 season and lay it out on the line every game! As it stands now a majority of this squad will be back next year.

I hope the fans and the community show up in appreciation and celebrate the accomplishments of this team and staff.  I’m excited for the next couple years and the potential the player base has!

Go Bills! Bills Mafia rise up!

You don't give the team that just had an all time great choke job melt down a hero's welcome. 

You may be upbeat about the team's future, but rewarding them with a hero's welcome for an embarrassing and shameful implosion sends the message that their performance is in any way tolerable.

This isn't the drought with the threat of moving where mere existence is a success. We are talking about performing to a winning standard.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

You don't give the team that just had an all time great choke job melt down a hero's welcome. 

You may be upbeat about the team's future, but rewarding them with a hero's welcome for an embarrassing and shameful implosion sends the message that their performance is in any way tolerable.

This isn't the drought with the threat of moving where mere existence is a success. We are talking about performing to a winning standard.

But who else is going to give them their participation ribbons and make sure their feelings won't be hurt after their loss?

Buffalo is used to celebrating just being there and moral victories.......

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I get it.... only support the team if they win!!! The point is this team did a lot of great things throughout the year... could have gone 12-4 easily. That’s a huge step considering they won 6 games the year before. 9 new starters on offense etc....

Point is, seasons over. When will fans be able to show the team their appreciation for this year....? It has nothing to do with the game last night vs the season. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I get it.... only support the team if they win!!! The point is this team did a lot of great things throughout the year... could have gone 12-4 easily. That’s a huge step considering they won 6 games the year before. 9 new starters on offense etc....

Point is, seasons over. When will fans be able to show the team their appreciation for this year....? It has nothing to do with the game last night vs the season. 

Stop being over dramatic. There's a middle ground between not supporting the team and giving a hero's welcome at the airport for embarrassing the franchise.

Like I said, you can be upbeat for the future... You as a fan can appreciate the strides made... But celebrating this team with a heros welcome at the airport is a poor move.

It's like throwing your kid a party because he got an F on his math exam but the school year is over.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Another thing is.... as a player you want the team to feel the fans, to play for them, to understand their passion for the team, to play for the community.....

What kind of message does it send if you say F them, they lost ugly, blew it down the stretch in the playoffs. Who cares about what they’ve done the past 18 weeks. They don’t deserve it!!!!

But then ask the players to understand how much this community loves them, how much this fan base supports them etc... yeah right, some fans suck, only care if they win, tweet to players to kill themselves etc..... that’s not the fan base an community these players brag about!!!! If you say otherwise you just don’t get it!

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

Stop being over dramatic. There's a middle ground between not supporting the team and giving a hero's welcome at the airport for embarrassing the franchise.

Like I said, you can be upbeat for the future... You as a fan can appreciate the strides made... But celebrating this team with a heros welcome at the airport is a poor move.

It's like throwing your kid a party because he got an F on his math exam but the school year is over.

It’s not being over dramatic by hoping they get a positive welcome home after a tough loss....

Whats over dramatic is stating the fact they don’t deserve anything cause they lost.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Another thing is.... as a player you want the team to feel the fans, to play for them, to understand their passion for the team, to play for the community.....

What kind of message does it send if you say F them, they lost ugly, blew it down the stretch in the playoffs. Who cares about what they’ve done the past 18 weeks. They don’t deserve it!!!!

But then ask the players to understand how much this community loves them, how much this fan base supports them etc... yeah right, some fans suck, only care if they win, tweet to players to kill themselves etc..... that’s not the fan base an community these players brag about!!!! If you say otherwise you just don’t get it!

I can imagine the players don't want to people to come out and cheer them after a loss. 

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

My issue is it celebrates being above average. 

We lost the tourny in the 1st RD.

We need to be pissed , not celebratory

If the same thing happens next year (or they fail to make the playoffs), we need to be pissed. This year? Nah. Heart-broken? Absolutely. Pissed? Nope.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

And the example of throwing your kid a party is a bad example....

Its not a party, it’s not a celebration, it’s a gesture of thanks and appreciation for everything they do on and off the field for these fans, team and community. 

11 hours ago, dayman said:

Hell no it doesn't lol it blew a 16-0 lead to a bad Houston team. 

The bills were average this year. Nothing more.

Average doesn't make the playoffs unless you're in the NFC East - maybe and the Houston team won their division ... lighten up Francis

8 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

It’s not being over dramatic by hoping they get a positive welcome home after a tough loss....

Whats over dramatic is stating the fact they don’t deserve anything cause they lost.

I think the fans sent the message with the large turnout at the game to cheer them on and support them during the game.

2 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Average doesn't make the playoffs unless you're in the NFC East - maybe and the Houston team won their division ... lighten up Francis

Average does make it when you have a cupcake schedule and most of the league is average or worse.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, wppete said:

This is a fantastic article...it shows that the two most important aspects of winning football are the decision making by a teams HC and quarterback...and thus far in their careers the decision making by McD and Allen has been sub par- bordering mind boggling... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It’s like when coming home from deployment, being overseas for 7-12 months... flying home through Bangor Maine, seeing all the Vets line up, not a lot is said, but they are there to show thanks and appreciation for what you do...

Its not a party, it’s not a celebration. Some could care less, but I think everyone respects it and would always approve of the love and support for what they’ve done over the past months good or bad is irrelevant! Calling it a hero’s welcome or whatever is not really what it is. It’s a fan base showing appreciation for what this team has done and accomplished.... they know we all want a Super Bowl too, more than anything!!!

If there’s a time and place the organization allows that to happen after the season maybe it’s all not needed at the airport but I don’t think that happens and that may be the only option to see them together 1 last time to say thanks!

If you disagree that’s fine, but to tell fans it’s dumb and not warranted you’re only looking at last night, which is fine but I disagree 

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How's the boycott going?

No we don't.

I'm trying to be positive about the season we had as a whole but this loss hurts ....

ive been a die hard Bills fan since the 80's , i never asked ( the man upstairs) for winning a lottery or to be healthy and live till I'm 120 all I REALLY WANT before I die is to go to Buffalo and celebrate a SB win with all you crazy Bills fans !!!  

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

GTFOH... go be a Jets fan with that piss poor attitude. Seriously!

This is #BillsMafia, not battery throwing Eagles fan scumbags.

28 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I can imagine the players don't want to people to come out and cheer them after a loss. 

I see what you’re saying but no one is cheering after a loss.... it’s support and thanks after the season Is completed win or lose. But I got you, McD, staff and players will always welcome it.

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

GTFOH... go be a Jets fan with that piss poor attitude. Seriously!

This is #BillsMafia, not battery throwing Eagles fan scumbags.

FFS man they choked away a lead that the Texans have NEVER overcome under O’Brian.  They are now 1-22 when down by 16.  It wasn’t a hard fought back and forth slugfest.  It was more of the play to not lose horse crap we’ve seen all season.  The players should fee like they dropped the ball big time, and they obviously know the fans support them, I’m sure they heard Duuuke being cheered after his receptions.   It’s just not the time for smiles and high fives.