Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?

Bakin

Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh our Man?

Who fumbled more this year Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen ? Jackson
Who took more sacks this year D. Watson or Josh Allen? Watson

Who had more turnovers this year Watson or Allen? Watson
Who has more playmakers on his team, Watson or Allen? Watson
Who has a better oline Jackson or  Allen? Jackson

These three QBs are not asked to play like brees or brady.   Allens perceived issues are because people don't understand what he is being asked to do.  And how little help he has compared to other QBs asked to do the similar things. 

Edited by Chaos
brain cramp

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Who fumbled more this year Lamar Alexander or Josh Allen ? Alexander

Who has a better oline Alexander or  Allen? Alexander

These three QBs are not asked to play like brees or brady.   Allens percieved issues are because people don't understand what he is being asked to do.  And how little help he has compared to other QBs asked to do the similar things. 

Do you mean Jackson?

17 hours ago, Bakin said:

I am a homer. 
And I really love the kid. 
So I’m an emphatic YES. 

I have no doubt that he is crushed right now - and he believes the loss is on him. 

Sure, he makes boneheaded plays now and again...

BUT 

He has the arm, the legs, the heart...between the ears remains a work in progress and I’m confident he will only get better. 

Thoughts?

undetermined. 

but enough there that I want to see more. 

right now Floor is what we saw. One and done BUT in the playoffs. (Ala Dalton). 

I voted yes.  Really what I think is that he isn't there yet, but he will be.  I expect some better offensive acquisitions this off season and the offense to take a sizeable jump next season.  I expect Beane to start making some high round draft picks on offense this year.  They have spent years spending resources on defense.  Our defense is good enough to win a championship.  Re-sign the guys there that need signing and catch this offense up.  I think Allen can take us there.

40 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Who fumbled more this year Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen ? Jackson

Who has a better oline Jackson or  Allen? Jackson

These three QBs are not asked to play like brees or brady.   Allens perceived issues are because people don't understand what he is being asked to do.  And how little help he has compared to other QBs asked to do the similar things. 

Are you joking?

Jackson has 9 fumbles on the year.  Allen had 16.

Jackson has 8 turnovers.  Allen had 14.

18 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Josh Allen is not a franchise QB, at least not now anyway. He may be a nice kid, but come on!

He is the franchise's quarterback and will be for ten years or more.   

The definition of a franchise QB is a QB the franchise will keep, and Allen is a keeper.   There is no way, for example, that a Tannehill is going to come along and take the job from Allen like he did from Tennessee's supposed franchise QB.

Is he a big winner?  Not yet.  

13 minutes ago, Billl said:

Are you joking?

Jackson has 9 fumbles on the year.  Allen had 16.

Jackson has 8 turnovers.  Allen had 14.

Fumbles lost

Call NFL.com with your corrections

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=RUSHING&season=2019&seasonType=REG&experience=2&tabSeq=0&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Edited by Chaos

He definitely improved this season, and I have a lot of hope that he will make another jump next season. But only time will tell...

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/why-josh-allen-is-anxious-to-get-back-to-work-in-preparation-for-the-2020-season

His production was up across the board. There was a six percent jump in completion percentage. A 50 percent jump in touchdown passes. A 38 percent jump in total touchdowns and a 33 percent drop in interceptions despite attempting 140 more passes this season. His passer rating also increased by almost 20 points (67.9 to 85.3).

Allen also became a more efficient short-to-intermediate passer and a better passer from the pocket. According to NextGen Stats Allen’s completion percentage inside the tackle box went from 58.8 percent in 2018 to 63.4 percent in 2019.

His touchdown to interception ratio in the pocket went from 1:1 last season (9 TDs, 9 INTs) to 5:2 this year (15 TDs, 6 INTs). His passer rating in the pocket rose from 75.9 to 90.8. And perhaps most important, his time to deliver the ball shrank from an average of 3.22 seconds to 2.86 seconds.

Over the last 11 weeks of the regular season, Allen had the third-best touchdown to interception ratio (15:2) in the NFL.

It was only his 2nd season (and he didn’t really even start a full season’s worth of games until part way thru this season). He was pretty raw coming out of the draft too. 

I am pretty damn happy with the way he’s developed so far. Obviously there’s still plenty of work to be done, but it was never going to happen overnight. All I want is steady growth and he definitely seems to be trending in the right direction. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/5/2020 at 11:03 AM, iinii said:

No? What about NO, GB, Tennessee, Houston, Seattle? They range from 11 to 26 in overall defense. I couldn’t get the link to paste but you can check it out in nfl.com. 

Three of those teams had bottom 16 strength of schedules. https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-strength-schedule-rankings-2019-180553419.html?guccounter=1

Three of those teams are in the top 16 in defense. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/opp.htm

6 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Three of those teams had bottom 16 strength of schedules. https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-strength-schedule-rankings-2019-180553419.html?guccounter=1

Three of those teams are in the top 16 in defense. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/opp.htm

Five are below average. KC at 17, GB at 18, Tennessee at 21, Seattle at 26, and Houston at 28. All still in the playoffs. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2019&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Edited by iinii

On 1/5/2020 at 8:13 PM, Shaw66 said:

He is the franchise's quarterback and will be for ten years or more.   

The definition of a franchise QB is a QB the franchise will keep, and Allen is a keeper.   There is no way, for example, that a Tannehill is going to come along and take the job from Allen like he did from Tennessee's supposed franchise QB.

Is he a big winner?  Not yet.  

He will get less than that if he doesnt pan out though won't he.