Buried an old friend today.

I've had to put down several dogs and it's never easy. The worst time was a time my dog was physically healthy but became prone to unpredictable vicious outbursts. It was a matter of time before he bit someone so I had to do it.

But the best thing you can do is give another dog a good home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've had to put down several dogs and it's never easy. The worst time was a time my dog was physically healthy but became prone to unpredictable vicious outbursts. It was a matter of time before he bit someone so I had to do it.

But the best thing you can do is give another dog a good home.

We have four others to love so that helps. But she was the matriarch

So sorry to hear.  If you are sad about her passing, then I’m sure she had a good life.  Will you get another?  My wife and I still talk to our dog, and she’s been gone for about two years. My wife says she can’t go through the loss again. She’s had three or four dogs in her life, and isn’t sure she wants another. 

I used to think that getting a new dog was disrespectful to the old dog.  Now I think of it as an acknowledgement that you enjoyed or loved the old dog so much that you don’t want to go through life without one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

So sorry to hear.  If you are sad about her passing, then I’m sure she had a good life.  Will you get another?  My wife and I still talk to our dog, and she’s been gone for about two years. My wife says she can’t go through the loss again. She’s had three or four dogs in her life, and isn’t sure she wants another. 

I used to think that getting a new dog was disrespectful to the old dog.  Now I think of it as an acknowledgement that you enjoyed or loved the old dog so much that you don’t want to go through life without one. 

We have four others, including another Saint. They're a huge part of our life. The surviving saint, Baron, is actually a rescue.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

My wife said same thing about getting another dog as your wife.

Then my daughter said she is lonely so she told me we were getting another dog.

This dog is a good one like last two and babysitter and kids want to keep her every time they watch her.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m SO sorry to hear this. People who are not dog lovers don’t get what a loss this is. 

My sixth Golden Retriever is currently 10 and doing great. She’s absolutely LOVES it when my son’s puppy comes over to play. They BOTH act like puppies! It makes her so happy I’ve reached out to the breeder we got her from and hope for a litter available in May. I say it’s a gift for her, but it’s also so I won’t have that terrible empty void when she’s gone. 

Share the love with the other dogs! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m SO sorry to hear this. People who are not dog lovers don’t get what a loss this is. 

My sixth Golden Retriever is currently 10 and doing great. She’s absolutely LOVES it when my son’s puppy comes over to play. They BOTH act like puppies! It makes her so happy I’ve reached out to the breeder we got her from and hope for a littler available in May. I say it’s a gift for her, but it’s also so I won’t have that terrible empty void when she’s gone. 

Share the love with the other dogs! 

Before I met my girl, I never had a dog. Now I can't imagine life without multiple dogs.

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry to hear,  pets are like family members sometimes, and it can be really hard to see them go. Our family had a toy poodle that I became close to from early childhood. My older brother ran over him with the family station wagon when I was 16. Cried my eyes out. Still miss that dog.

My condolences.

• Thank you (+1) 1