Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

It looks like it's down to Stefanski & Saleh.  If they weren't waiting for one of them they would have already hired one of the guys already available.  

Daboll will have a good shot next year, although the team wanting to sign him will have to wait until after the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if they were smart, they would take a serious look at Roman.

It’s odd he hasn’t really been mentioned in these searches, but perhaps it has more to do with the number of openings and the seemingly urgency these teams are displaying in their hiring. 

On 1/10/2020 at 11:45 AM, Steptide said:

I give daboll a 5% chance of getting hired by the Browns. Then again, it is the Browns so.. 

So you are saying they are not smart enough to hire him since they usually hire wrong candidate....

On 1/10/2020 at 12:17 PM, Logic said:

No way the Browns would hire Daboll over McDaniels and Stefanski, right? That seems insane. Browns fans would riot.

So three fans will drop the bones they are chewing on.  Big deal.

22 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it is gonna be Stefanski. 

It would be cool to watch McDaniels fail to get the Browns' job after he spent the last couple of years spurning other people. 

Even better for him to accept and Browns pull the football away from him.

g-9Csw.gif

20 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

not perhaps he came in like an arrogant patriot and Browns said yeah we will call you. 

brining you’re wife to the interview is ULTIMATE ARROGANCE 

How do you know? She may be his secretary. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Everyone is assuming he loves Baker because he was the one who attended his predraft workout in Norman. It’s possible he was simply the one to attend, and we don’t actually  know whether he loves him, likes him, is Indifferent or hates him. He also has 2 years of nfl Baker to assess after that and most of it is pretty terrible. Just saying. 

But he does commercials well.  Maybe new head coach wants to get break into commercials and wants tips.

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow, I don't really want to be cast as a Baker apologist.  Did he really admit "not working very hard"?  I know he did say he wouldn't be hiring a private QB coach, I thought he was kind of snarky and maybe taking a bit of a shot at Allen, Darnold and Kyle Allen and their beach-house-Jordan-Palmer plan " I would not say that I will go on the beach and swim through the ocean and try and learn how to play quarterback by doing that."  (of course, the swim through the ocean is not the "better QB" part of their plan)

Swimming in ocean is very good exercise for QBs especially butterfly stroke but when your head if full of lead you tend to sink.

17 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Most Bills fans on TBD seem to want Daboll on a midnight train outta town...Idk, I would hate starting over at OC...

There are stats, damn stats and the stats you make up.

33 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Daboll exceptionally prepared for interviews... but can he adjust when the interviewer catches on to his script? That’s the question...

Jimmy asked him:  "If you were a tree, what kind of a tree would you be?"

Daboll answered, "A route tree"

Blew him the ***** away!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-hired-freddie-kitchens-by-a-4-2-vote-ownership-and-john-dorsey-were-aligned-in-backing-him/

Browns hired Freddie Kitchens by a 4-2 vote; ownership and John Dorsey were aligned in backing him

There were six people most directly involved with the hiring process a year ago, with the Browns myriad coaching searches often playing out in different shapes, but always with owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam choosing the candidate they felt most strongly about. Last year that couple, and their son-in-law, JW Johnson, led the search along with Dorsey, chief strategy officer Paul DePodesta – a mainstay in the coaching searches – and then-executive Andrew Berry.

That six-person party was involved in all of the interviews and when the interviews were complete, each had a voice in "voting" essentially for the candidate of their choosing, sources said. In the end, only DePodesta and Berry tallied a dissenting vote when it came down to the finalists, with Kitchens prevailing by a 4-2 margin. Dorsey made it clear he believe he could forge an immediate strong working relationship with Kitchens, who had largely been a position coach prior to his quick rise with the Browns after Hue Jackson was fired in-season, but the Haslam's voting as a block for Kitchens is what carried the day over the votes of any of their individual employees.

?‍♂️

17 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know that Daboll's first job coaching for the Patriots was as a defensive assistant - I think for DBs?  then WR coach and TE coach.  So he does, in the past, have some background in looking at things from a defensive POV.  But maybe not a front-7 POV?

I have the impression that sometimes the things that strike Daboll as likely to fool a defense, are not, in fact, the things that defensive coaches and defenders key on, and that it would benefit him to sit down with a defender or defensive coach and self-scout his play calling.

He was a Defensive coaching assistant for New England Patriots (2000–2001) and that is not a lot of time in NFL.  

I think he needs help with his game plans but I would be surprised if it is not already reviewed by head coach.

I think Coach McD needs some senior offense and defense assistants like some other teams do.

10 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

26 passes and only 9 handoffs after halftime is calling a good game? Especially with a young QB playing in his first playoff game. We had the lead for almost the entire second half, Houston didn't take the lead until 4:37 mark of the fourth quarter. 2 handoffs from the 7:28 mark of the 3rd quarter till the end of the game. That's 34 minutes and 8 seconds.......OVER A HALF!!! Not a single handoff on the 9 play OT drive. That's not calling a good game, it's massacring it. All the razzle-dazzle in the world isn't going to make up for that play calling. Too bad Cleveland doesn't want him, I wonder if the Pegulas would throw in some money to sweeten the deal.

Many of those plays are run-pass options Josh has chosen pass.  Or were you in huddle and we did not see you?

3 hours ago, JoeF said:
Mort seems to think that Josh to CLE is not going to happen.

Tom Brady very well could have Josh McDaniels as OC again if QB works out future w
@Patriots. If Patriots had beaten Titans, McDaniels would've interviewed w Giants Sunday in Foxboro. Loss altered schedule w Joe Judge going first Monday in NY. McDaniels pushed to Wed. Pushed out.

Really? I was sooooo sure the Bills would trade Josh to Cleveland during off season.....