Jump to content
Bakin

Chuba Hubbard a good fit??

Recommended Posts

I would like to see more...Is he a track guy playing RB? He has started this game off pretty good that is for sure.

 

IMO, RB's are valued more for short area quickness, elusiveness (making the 1st guy miss) and finish (falling forward).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pimp on da' net said:

I would like to see more...Is he a track guy playing RB? He has started this game off pretty good that is for sure.

 

IMO, RB's are valued more for short area quickness, elusiveness (making the 1st guy miss) and finish (falling forward).

 

 

So.....Singletary.   😋

 

Love Motor, but we need help for next year. More of a thumper would be a nice addition. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

We gonna do this for every bowl game?

 

Just guessing here....but....probably.  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

So.....Singletary.   😋

 

Love Motor, but we need help for next year. More of a thumper would be a nice addition. 

I agree that adding another back is necessary...I like these rb's for the Bills- J. Taylor, Wisc (hope he falls to the 2nd rd) or Najee Harris, Ala ( rd 2-4th).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Aj Dillion is the guy we should target out of Boston college. Why not have a big bruising(240lbs) back who will probably run low 4.5s 40time.

 

Definitely a day 2 pick

Edited by YoungBillsFan25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2019 at 7:25 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

We gonna do this for every bowl game?

Hubbard led the NCAA in rushing at a school that produced Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas. He's probably worth discussing. Projected 3rd or later if he enters the draft this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 27, 2019 at 7:57 PM, YoungBillsFan25 said:

I think Aj Dillion is the guy we should target out of Boston college. Why not have a big bruising(240lbs) back who will probably run low 4.5s 40time.

 

Definitely a day 2 pick

I like your thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Etienne is available at our 2nd round pick, I sprint to the podium.  Heck, I might consider him with our 1st pick.  Josh needs playmakers to take the pressure off more than anything else.  We have some nice complimentary players on offense, but with the exception of Brown we have nobody else a defense has to worry about.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don’t hate Chubba in the right spot. He’s a home run hitter IMO. The Bills don’t have enough home run hitters. We don’t make a lot of 40 yard+ plays. I think Yeldon has a chance to be that guy otherwise. The Bills need a big back too. 
 

I suspect that the Bills draft either the 3rd down speed back (JJ Taylor) or a bruiser (AJ Dillon). I’d probably use Yeldon as the speed back and then draft Pooka Williams in 2021. That’s my dream.
 

Pooka would be one of my favorite picks ever for the Bills. He’s the best HS athlete I’ve ever seen by a lot. He’s what Reggie Bush could have been (but smaller). He will be an absolute star. The difference between a good back and a great back is a great back knows when he’s gone.  This dude is different!!

 

 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm speechless by the amount of posts and threads on running backs on this board all the time.

 

It's the easiest position to find a viable player. You look at the recent running backs taken in the first round and the majority of them are middle of the pack in YPC. The offensive line is far more important than they are.

 

Draft capital and salary cap money is far better spent on every position before running back.

 

The Bills finally got smart and stopped blowing through high picks on running backs (three 1st rounders on RBs from '03 to '10) and now they're on the rise.

Edited by suorangefan4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

I'm speechless by the amount of posts and threads on running backs on this board all the time.

 

It's the easiest position to find a viable player. You look at the recent running backs taken in the first round and the majority of them are middle of the pack in YPC. The offensive line is far more important than they are.

 

Draft capital and salary cap money is far better spent on every position before running back.

 

The Bills finally got smart and stopped blowing through high picks on running backs (three 1st rounders on RBs from '03 to '10) and now they're on the rise.

For me it’s about playmakers. I don’t care about RB or TE or WR or KR. The Bills need a few guys that can make big plays. Their offense doesn’t score a lot and it’s partly because they don’t hit home runs. I’m fine with it being any of those positions if once and a while those guys score from 50 yards out. That’s when the Bills take the next step. If they get 5 more TDs a year like that, they move from the bottom of the league in scoring to the middle. That’s a huge difference. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

For me it’s about playmakers. I don’t care about RB or TE or WR or KR. The Bills need a few guys that can make big plays. Their offense doesn’t score a lot and it’s partly because they don’t hit home runs. I’m fine with it being any of those positions if once and a while those guys score from 50 yards out. That’s when the Bills take the next step. If they get 5 more TDs a year like that, they move from the bottom of the league in scoring to the middle. That’s a huge difference. 


This is exactly where I’m at.  The Bills need to start adding some Kamaras, Hardmans and Hunts to their offense.  Maybe a Hunter Henry as well.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...