Merry Christmas

Foxx

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think the trick is having a scowl which scares your beard into trying to make its escape...

The static and feel of combing it straight down when it’s that thick.... 

——————-

If they remake Scrooge, Alastair Sim is still the man, they can put the father from Succession in so instead of Humbug or dismissal with “good day, Sir” he can just say ***** Off!

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

5-Bible-Verses-That-Celebrate-the-BIrth-

Luke 2:9-12  And the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths, and lying in a manger."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Luke 2:9-12  And the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths, and lying in a manger."

Homeless?  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

From Wikipedia: Many Christians believe the star was a miraculoussign. Some theologians claimed that the star fulfilled a prophecy, known as the Star Prophecy.[4]Astronomers have made several attempts to link the star to unusual celestial events, such as a conjunction of Jupiter and Venus,[5] a comet, or a supernova.[6]

Some modern scholars do not consider the story to be describing a historical event but a pious fictioncreated by the author of the Gospel of Matthew.[7]

The subject is a favorite at planetarium shows during the Christmas season.[8] However, most ancient sources and Church tradition generally indicate that the wise men visited Bethlehem sometime after Jesus’ birth.[9] The visit is traditionally celebrated on Epiphany (January 6) in Western Christianity.[10]

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

why ya gotta feel like you have to ***** on the thread? it's Christmas, live and let live my man.

Nothing wrong with looking deeper at the phenomenon. The ancients saw the cosmos as a perfect place, hence that's where God came from. Really, Christmas is a celebration associated with the winter solstices. Nothing wrong with that. 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

blah blah blah #imanidiot blah blah blah

in Paganism it is, but not necessarily so with Christians. again, you have 364 other days of the year to argue your point, why pick gnats where you know it would be offensive on this particular day?

Edited by Foxx

29 minutes ago, Foxx said:

in Paganism it is, but not necessarily so with Christians. again, you have 364 other days of the year to argue your point, why pick gnats where you know it would be offensive on this particular day?

Christmas was adopted from paganism. Don't get sore, it's all good.