Josh Allen Stat ... wow

Rigotz

2 hours ago, Mango said:

If we had the 20th ranked defense, we would be running Josh out of town. That would be just as much the wrong decision as crowning him as arrived with "half stats" where you list 6/10 games but include 10 games of scoring. 

Josh has made some improvements. I wouldn't call him terrible, I also wouldn't call him good. He is electric to watch though.

Agree.   Like I've stated previously I believe he's 25% pure magic and 75% leaving much to be desired. 

I love his personality, work ethic, grit and mentality, im just not even close to being sold on his franchise status.   I expect more from a guy drafted 7th and crowned a franchise guy. 

His accuracy terrifies me.  Too many times this year I've watched guys running wide open only to see a wildy inaccurate pass sail away. 

Im not ask for perfection, im asking for consistency.  His biggest knocks coming out of college are still evident, even after nearly two seasons at the pro level. 

For me, personally, I need that "he's arrived" moment. 

I look around the league Daniel Jones shredding it, Jackson shredding it, Mahomes shredding it, all making strides puting up monster games and clutch passing performances then look at us and say where are these games from Josh?  They just arent there.  Especially for a guy you moved up to take at 7th. 

If he turns out great, ill eat all the crow in the world and admit I was wrong.   And that wouldn't be a bad thing because then we finally would have a franchise guy for years to come.   That is all I want.  Im simply not seeing it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Really? I'd take any of Beckham, Landry, and Chubb over their counterparts here, by a mile. Njoku I'd not as big on but he does catch the ball consistently so I'd take him too. What is your possible reasoning behind this take?

As much as I don't like Gregg, he brought structure to the browns. A guy like Baker needs that as do his receivers. They're not all on the same page. If Baker was a Bill, he wouldn't be part of that train wreck. Let's put it this way, if the browns had our coaching staff and gm, they would be in the playoffs. It's not far fetched to think Baker or Donald would be where Josh is right now if they traded places. Unless you see this as I'm knocking josh, which I'm not. Josh had a lot of things to work on coming out of college. He's gotten better due to our environment and coaching. He wouldn't have that if they switched places. Again, this was not a knock in josh, but he is in a much better situation and it shows. I think Josh would have suffered a similar fate if as Baker or Donald if he was taken by the Jets or Browns. Darnold and Baker would have a better chance to succeed if we drafted either of them.

Edited by Dopey
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Yes, the same Barkley who came off the bench in the 4 quarter and drove the team down the field to score the go ahead TD Zay Jones dropped (for which he was cut for) and put up nearly more yardage in the final minutes of the game than Allen did in nearly a full game. 

Yes, that Barkley. 

Ps (love how you edited out my final sentence)

thanks for the info

I was unaware of the ignore feature and when you are consistently harrassed by the same member over and over I believe it is warranted to make a comment. 

I won’t comment because I certainly don’t want to be accused of consistently harassing someone over and over when I choose to disagree with and debate their posts.

But if I did respond, my response would be something like it’s silly to claim that Darnold and Mayfield suffer from inconsistent coaching since the former has had Gase who was brought in specifically because of his supposed value in working with QBs, and the latter had his OC last year elevated to HC specifically so there would be continuity for Mayfield.  

But I won’t say that because I don’t want to hurt any sensitive feelings.

37 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Or you could just not be deliberately obtuse and figure out what the OP was saying

Last 12 weeks- 31 other QBs have thrown more picks than Allen #inaccurate

To say he only has 2 ints is a great post if it was the only intent.

He added TDs to try to show he’s still slinging it and being productive while not throwing the picks, but then rounded it up with the rushing. Which overstates his case. It’s ok to note that. Under 2 TD passes a game doesn’t play as well as 2+ when saying a guy is producing without turnovers

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Among other things, this view appears to ignore the unique aspects of a person that do not easily quantify as stats. Is Allen's leadership and charisma, the combination of intense competiveness, humility, hard work and affability simply immaterial to what contributes to team culture and winning? Does one simply assume that Mayfield and Darnold, quite different personalities, transition and achieve to the same degree? One can speculatively surmise that they would be effective, even if somewhat differently, but ten Buffalo wins, the first double-digit season victory total this millenium, is a reality, not a speculation. I credit Allen for carrying a still fairly pedestrian offense with an OC who is inconsistent and often puzzling in his playcalling.

I give him the same credit. Don't think he does this in NJ or Cleveland. He wouldn't be able to carry those teams to 10 wins. He's not carrying the Bills, he's 1/11. Baker and Darnold could do that if they were here instead. Not a knock on josh, at all. Just mu opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Yes, the same Barkley who came off the bench in the 4 quarter and drove the team down the field to score the go ahead TD Zay Jones dropped (for which he was cut for) and put up nearly more yardage in the final minutes of the game than Allen did in nearly a full game. 

Yes, that Barkley. 

Allen got hurt on the 1st play of the fourth quarter, so, Barkley played, essentially, the entire fourth quarter and came in after Allen had driven the team to NE's 45 yard line. 

In the 3rd quarter, Allen was:       8 - 12  (67%), 93 yards (7.75 YPA), 1 INT, 1 rushing TD.

In the 4th quarter, Barkley was:   9 - 16  (56%), 127 yards (7.9 YPA), 1 INT, 0 TD.

So, the Bills offense was moving pretty good under Allen in the second half, including a score. Barkley actually performed worse in the fourth quarter than Allen did in the 3rd quarter.

The fact that you used Barkley as an example of a consistent accurate QB is a joke - as is your characterization of the pass to Jones as one that was accurate and should have been caught:

1079030706_BarkleytoZay.thumb.jpg.d0a6d5b1e2776cb5c4292caf8b2fcf4d.jpg

Yeah, such a model of an "accurate" pass. The same type of pass you have crucified Allen for.

Your bias is so transparent. You truly have little credibility when it comes to Allen.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Again, this was not a knock in josh, but he is in a much better situation and it shows

I just don't agree with this at all. Mayfield has one of the top 3 supporting casts in the entire NFL. I am not convinced that the difference between Daboll and Kitchens/Monken as play callers is as stark as you seem to think. In fact I would trade our entire receiving corps for Beckham alone, plus replacement level players, since most of out receiving corps is replacement level anyways. Brown has played well this year but he is not anything close to what Beckham would bring to the offense. For example put Beckham in against the Ravens and we at least make it to overtime. Chubb is a top 5 RB this year too. I mean I know the Browns coaching staff is trash but that is an all world supporting cast. I am surprised anyone would try to argue otherwise.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I just don't agree with this at all. Mayfield has one of the top 3 supporting casts in the entire NFL. I am not convinced that the difference between Daboll and Kitchens/Monken as play callers is as stark as you seem to think. In fact I would trade our entire receiving corps for Beckham alone, plus replacement level players, since most of out receiving corps is replacement level anyways. Brown has played well this year but he is not anything close to what Beckham would bring to the offense. For example put Beckham in against the Ravens and we at least make it to overtime. Chubb is a top 5 RB this year too. I mean I know the Browns coaching staff is trash but that is an all world supporting cast. I am surprised anyone would try to argue otherwise.

dont think anyone can argue that  Browns offense is less than the sum of its parts  Bills is much greater than the sum of its parts

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

dont think anyone can argue that  Browns offense is less than the sum of its parts  Bills is much greater than the sum of its parts

Right, and I genuinely believe the respective QBs are at least partly the reason behind that. Just blaming the coaches is reductive IMO.

37 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I lOoK aRoUnD aT DaNiEl JoNeS sHrEdDiNg It ????

4 - 300+ yard games

23 PASSING Tds

2700+ passing yards

62.1 completion percentage 

88.9 Qbr

In 11 starts... 

Better than Allen in practically every single statistical category and he's a Rookie on a horrible team. 

Id call that shredding it. 

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I won’t comment because I certainly don’t want to be accused of consistently harassing someone over and over when I choose to disagree with and debate their posts.

But if I did respond, my response would be something like it’s silly to claim that Darnold and Mayfield suffer from inconsistent coaching since the former has had Gase who was brought in specifically because of his supposed value in working with QBs, and the latter had his OC last year elevated to HC specifically so there would be continuity for Mayfield.  

But I won’t say that because I don’t want to hurt any sensitive feelings.

Well that's good. It is Christmas an all. I mean Santa is coming and don't want to get on his naughty list.

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

4 - 300+ yard games

23 PASSING Tds

2700+ passing yards

62.1 completion percentage 

88.9 Qbr

In 11 starts... 

Better than Allen in practically every single statistical category and he's a Rookie on a horrible team. 

Id call that shredding it. 

sHreDDinG tHe MytH tHaT Is jOSh AllEn oNE aBSuRd PoSt aT A TimE!

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, whorlnut said:

He’s not NEARLY as bad as some people think he is. Bottom line is they need to get over the “wrong Josh” and pre-draft narratives and open their eyes to what this kid is actually accomplishing. It’s nothing short of remarkable. 

I said years ago that fans cant handle having a rookie QB.  If he doesn't look like Brady right away they think he is garbage.  News Flash... not many QBs come out looking like Mahomes in their first couple years.

7 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I can't remember if it was the Cover 1 guy or the YardsPerPlay guy, but one of them was theorizing that with QBs that run like Lamar and Allen for example, it's more difficult to run screens because the edge defenders are generally trying to contain anyways and that naturally puts them in a good position to disrupt the passing lanes on screens. I think it was focused on Baltimore at the time but was basically showing that Baltimore, Buffalo, and (I think) Seattle are like 3 of the bottom 5 teams in terms of how often they throw screens.

That is probably why when we played Baltimore it looked like their screens were oddly in the center of the field and not off to an edge.

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm an Allen Guy since pre-draft, and I can name 12 as of this moment:

Mahomes

Wilson

Brees

Brady - maybe for another month at most

Rivers

Jackson

Goff

Rodgers

Cousins

Stafford

Ryan

Dak

Not sure I'd go much past those guys though. That was an interesting exercise because I expected to get to 15 before I really started to question if guys belonged ahead of him. It actually started at 10 or 11.

LOL...  maybe half of these guys tops.