To all the "Only 17 Points" Critics .. let's look at 2019 Pats Home Games

Pats Home Games in 2019

Steelers Score 3 points (Conner, Ju Ju)

Jets - 14 points (Bell)

Giants - 14 points (Saquon)

Browns - 13 points (with OBJ, Chubb)

Cowboys - 9 Points (with Dak, Zeke, and Cooper)

Chiefs - 23 Points (widely considered the best offense in NFL)

Average Year to Date 12.67 Points ... and for what it's worth their Road Avg Points against is 13 Points

Bills scored 17 points (in December) .. that's 1/3 more points than league average .. only second to aforementioned Chiefs ... may vs. some throwing the arms up at 17 points (with our current offensive talent) .. let's give (although it pains me to say this) some credit to the Pats Defense.

We win or lose with our defense .. yesterday wasn't that squads day vs. what the Pats Defense did to us.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All 17 point games are not created equally. If the O picked up first downs and held the ball and punted continually pinning the opposing offense deep in their territory yet only scored  17 points, while not great, you can work with that.

Barely moving the ball, barely holding the ball and scoring only on a short field from a TO and two big plays isn’t going to win you many games.

That said, I know how people on this board like to blame one side of the ball or the other, that’s not what I’m doing. Both the O and D who horrible last night. If not for two fantastic throws (and one great catch) the Bills would have been run out of the building.

Edited by MDH

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

All 17 point games are not created equally. If the O picked up first downs and held the ball and punted continually pinning the opposing offense deep in their territory yet only scored  17 points, while not great, you can work with that.

Barely moving the ball, barely holding the ball and scoring only on a short field from a TO and two big plays isn’t going to win you many games.

That said, I know how people on this board like to blame one side of the ball or the other, that’s not what I’m doing. Both the O and D who horrible last night. If not for two fantastic throws (and one great catch) the Bills would have been run out of the building.

Yesterday was a team loss. Offense disappeared in first quarter and after go ahead TD. D let the Patriots keep getting yards and points. That said we were in the game just like pretty much all games this season. This team is making strides. Hopefully they make steps in the playoffs to win games like that.

10 minutes ago, MDH said:

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Had the defense been able to do ANYTHING in the first half, that woulda been a win.

See how that kinda ***** works?

18 minutes ago, MDH said:

Neither side of the ball was horrible. Both sides could have played better, and certain things, like the play calling on the back to back 3&outs drove me crazy, but they were in that game until the very last play. 

26 minutes ago, row_33 said:

What else can you drum up after the fact

your findings have zero binding on future events beyond coincidence 

Serious question. 
Are you on some level a Pats fan? I see you have over 5,000 points or likes or whatever they are called. So to me that means you must be on this board a lot for awhile. It’s fine if you are a Pats fan. I’m just wondering, because you seem to make points like the above quoted in nearly every Patriots thread. 

35 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Pats Home Games in 2019

Jets - 14 points (Bell)

Average Year to Date 12.67 Points ... and for what it's worth their Road Avg Points against is 13 Points

Bills scored 17 points (in December) .. that's 1/3 more points than league average .. only second to aforementioned Chiefs ... may vs. some throwing the arms up at 17 points (with our current offensive talent) .. let's give (although it pains me to say this) some credit to the Pats Defense.

We win or lose with our defense .. yesterday wasn't that squads day vs. what the Pats Defense did to us.

Actually, yesterday's loss was all about Josh Allen...again.

Believe it or not, if your offense can't get you to 20, you aren't going to win many, if any, games against good teams.

The problem with getting excited over wins against 4 and 5 win teams is that those types of teams don't show up in the playoffs.

We need a QB who can generate offense, consistently, against good teams.

Well, we do if the Bills are ever to go anywhere. 

My question is what is the end game with Allen?  When will the plug be pulled and how long do we have to wait to get there?

Miami wasted six seasons on Ryan Tannehill.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Believe it or not, if your offense can't get you to 20, you aren't going to win many, if any, games against good teams.

The problem with getting excited over wins against 4 and 5 win teams is that those types of teams don't show up in the playoffs.

My question is what is the end game with Allen?  When will the plug be pulled and how long do we have to wait to get there?

Don't you think its a little premature to "pull the plug" ... as it relates to Tannehill .. he actually has somewhat resurrected himself in Tennessee.  I believe Josh has "intangibles" that other players on offense will follow.  His effort when surrounded by (though better than last year) weaker weapons speaks volumes .. he has more rushing TD's than Lamar.  His runs on 4th down are epic on 2nd effort.  I am a homer and feel they will work this offseason more on his accuracy and bigger targets (vs. the though fine smaller receiving corp he has today).

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How do you have the energy to do this in so many threads?  

You’re not interested in seeing a consistently improving, high work ethic, high ceiling Josh Allen in Year 3, with more upgrades to this offense?  

I mean, that question is rhetorical, because I know your answer.  I just don’t get it.  Division rival fans are coming around on a QB that want to see fail, and you’re over here acting like we have Uncle Rico at QB. 

54 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Pats Home Games in 2019

Jets - 14 points (Bell)

Yes, I made the same point in some other posts.  They played the #1 D, on their turf, and the Pats needed the win to secure a bye, so it was a playoff level game.  As Allen noted, he has been nervy at the start of some big games, so the experience will only make him better.  

There is a lot of football left for the Bills, and they just might get another shot at the champs come January...

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, row_33 said:

What else can you drum up after the fact

your findings have zero binding on future events beyond coincidence 

Wow .. for a "Hall of Famer" you're awfully cynic. 

Let me see what else I can drum up after the fact .. and you actually indicating past performance (Pats D) doesn't influence future events ... WOW ... guess you must work in Vegas doing point spreads ... as I'm sure their weekly spreads don't look at past performance.

After the fact .. the Bills have lost 5 games all season ... last time we could say this after week 15 games is 20 years ago.  HMMM sorry to go so far back "to drum up after the fact" .. maybe that's the last time you posted given your longevity a positive thing on this board.

1 hour ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Pats Home Games in 2019

Jets - 14 points (Bell)

To piggyback on this point, the average QB rating against the Patriots this year is 59.

65.6 Roethlisberger

Fitzpatrick 23.8  Josh Rosen 33.4

Lulk Falk 47.2

Josh Allen 24 passer rating

Colt McCoy 61

Daniel Jones 35.1

Sam Darnold 3.6

Baker Mayfield 79.2

Lamar Jackson 107.7     61 rushing yards 16 attempts

Carson Wentz 74.4   17 yards rushing 3 attempts

Dak Prescott  64.4    4 yards rushing 1 attempt

Deshaun Watson  140 passer rating  -4 rushing yards 1 attempt

Patrick Mahomes  83.6 passer rating   6 rushing yards 6 attempts

Andy Dalton 39.2 passer rating

Josh Allen 102.7 passer rating   43 yards rushing on 7 attempts. 

Josh learned from his first game and put up one of the best games a QB has shown against the Patriots this year.    No one is making the argument that he Josh has fully arrived but he's getting close.   His field vision is looking a lot more promising, he just needs to tighten up his mechanics some and allow his receivers a chance to make a play on the ball.  These things will get ironed out.  I am confident of that.

For those that believe that Josh didn't have a promising effort against the Patriots can go pound sand.

• Awesome! (+1) 1