17 points again - McD says he wants 21, but certainly doesn't play that way

Billsfan1972

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

How do you know?????  Because McD coined the phrase "Process".....

Seems a lot here love the word Process from a coach who took over a team that went 24-24 the three years prior to him & is 25-22 with him as coach......

Man so it is working. 3 more wins, a Legit QB Prospect. A Rebuilt team and no cap issues. All that and still made the playoffs 2/3 years. 

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Yeah, remember how they just played for a FG near the end of the first half, when they could have had Josh chuck it downfield for a TD?

Oh, wait...

They were not in fg range (haus on a cold night from 52 was not making it) at the time & Josh made a great read & great pass.  An incompletion & still needed at least another 5-10 yards and plenty of time.

8 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Is there another team in the league that has nine new starters on offense?

This shouldn’t be an issue at this point.  We’ve stayed relatively healthy aside from Singletary missing some time, Kroft missing time and Nsehke being out the last few weeks.  

This offense is what it is.  

I’m just happy we’ve got the big play game going heading into the playoffs.  Advance, and we’ll be back to playing elite defenses, but Josh is getting better at going up against them, and we know this offense can score on the non-elites. 

48 minutes ago, MDH said:

Pats have had the worst offense in the league since week 9 in terms of yards per play. Their passing offense has been non existent and their rushing offense middling.

The Bills’ D got gashed anyway. At some point the Bills’ offense needs to step up against a decent defense.

They’ll be one and done in the playoffs if they can’t put up more than 17.

The Texans' defense is far closer to that of Miami and Dallas than it is to NE, PIT, and BAL. It's worse than Denver's. (Just talking about our last 6 weeks of football)

We're going to score more than 17 points. This stretch was always going to be brutal for the offense, it is brutal for ANY offense, and it will make them a better offense come wild card weekend. 

Edited by arcane

57 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And what did he do on offense immediately after taking the lead. 

This is the main point to be made. 

After getting the lead, the staff immediately became conservative and put the game in the defense’s hands. Allen has just come off of a perfect ball to Brown to be ordered to take three straight runs and punt. How about letting your qb keep the good vibe going?  Nope. Time to put the game away with the defense with a full quarter to go. 

Not. Good. Enough. 

38 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The players left at least 11 points on the field they didn't cash in on.

This freaking blaming McDermott has reached epic levels of stupidity.

As is blaming Allen on a weekly basis. Goes both ways. 

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

And you blame the Qb.....  Always his fault.  

Please tell me how good the play calling is in your estimations?

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

...just curious as to where OC Daboll would be in your overall assessment..........NOT being a smart azz either.........

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Three straight weeks & 17 points....  Can say whatever he wants, but this team only scores over 17 by accident.

Somewhere in the back of my mind is a small but growing thought that this year's focus continues to be about putting Josh in as many pressure situations as possible.   

Sure, making the playoffs is nice (maybe even a bonus), but the "process" is all about 2020.   Forcing Josh to deal with tight, low scoring defensive struggles (almost like 50/50 jump balls) is about his development.    Next year, when he has more weapons, maybe McD will take off the training wheels...

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

This shouldn’t be an issue at this point.  We’ve stayed relatively healthy aside from Singletary missing some time, Kroft missing time and Nsehke being out the last few weeks.  

This offense is what it is.  

I’m just happy we’ve got the big play game going heading into the playoffs.  Advance, and we’ll be back to playing elite defenses, but Josh is getting better at going up against them, and we know this offense can score on the non-elites. 

I didn’t say it was an issue. I was just asking if there is another team with nine new starters on offense.

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just curious as to where OC Daboll would be in your overall assessment..........NOT being a smart azz either.........

I think he is fine. I would imagine the more they come to trust Allen the more open this offense will become.

9 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I wish he would've gone for it on 4th and inches with 3:00 in the 3rd just after Allen's was stopped short on the keeper.

Granted, Bills were at their own 37 but at some point you have to be aggressive and let your players win the game.

That was the turning point in the game. 

I was thinking same thing why not if you lose what dose it matter your still 5 seed I was hoping for bills to play fearless 

Technically if we didn't need a TD because we allowed like 3 ten minute scoring drives....I'm exaggerating....we were in position to score 20.

We "only" had 17 because we needed to get to 24 plus to win against an offense that's been in a coma all season.  20 points and we would have took that.

Team loss.  Stop overreacting to the points.  We were in position to be at 20.  We tackle better all we needed was a FG there to tie.  

17 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Three straight weeks & 17 points....  Can say whatever he wants, but this team only scores over 17 by accident.

That's overstating it. But yeah, they're limited. But they're averaging 20.5 per game, so you're really overstating it. And yeah, it's been three straight weeks ... against the #1, #4 and #10 defenses.

The offense is so uninspiring, so little creativity & a coach that can say all he wants, but in reality wants no turnovers & to play the game close to the vest & between the 20's. 

Creativity isn't the problem. It's personnel, and a lot of it is Josh Allen. He is improving but he's young and inexperienced and this shows. Hopefully his improvement will continue and be consistent. The OL is good but not good enough, partly because they're still gelling, and partly because they might be able to use an upgrade. The TE group is inexperienced or unexplosive.

There are problems with this roster ... especially as they really are here a year early. The biggest problem is still Allen, though.

Edited by Thurman#1