What Do We Do Now About Our Government?

KRC

22 hours ago, GG said:

It can only be fixed with a constant turnover of the perpetual bureaucracy.   

@Deranged Rhino, maybe you should re-name your deep state thread...

You can't reform a government that's simply a reflection of concentrated economic power, whether it's the MIC-security state, Wall Street, big tech and pharma, you name it. The rules of this world are made by those who wield economic power, and the rest of us are forced to live by their rules.

but, yeah sure, it's liberals and pc culture that are the problem....

I still say none of the proposed government changes have a prayer of working without fixing the modern media establishment first. When half the country exists within an alternate reality echo chamber, and yes it happens both ways, just happens to be the dems who are currently taking lsd. How can we ever hope to institute real change that half the country doesnt greet with pitchforks and a burn the witch mentality with the way people get their "news" today?

As others have said I think we are well past the point of no return. We are at the end of the beginning of the republic circling the drain.

i know i am in the minority here that think this, however....

until it is understood that both 'parties' are nothing more than just two different factions of the same 'party', no real change will be had. the levels of awareness by members of the party vary from useful idiots to puppet masters and everything between. useful idiots believe they are fighting for party ideals, whereas the puppet masters set the agendas to divide. the main stream media is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the 'party', as you see with a controlled narrative from either side of the same viewpoint.

it doesn't matter whether you are a politician or a journalist, if you aren't toeing the narrative, you are ostracized and marginalized to minimalize you and your thoughts. we, as a nation have become so fat in our largesse, i fear that the only way we will truly deviate from the plan the elite have for us is if/when stomach pains come into reality. 

this is the reason why i root for Trump. we have been presented with a chance that doesn't come along very often, a chance to marginalize the marginalizers. for it may very well be our only chance to have a peaceful revolution. if we are unsuccessful, it is going to get u.g.l.y.

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Nanker said:

I’ll say it again. The Left (antifa, Occupiers, BlackLivesMatter, SocialCommunists) want to relive the French Revolution. The Right wants to adhere to the principles of the American Revolution. 

As such one would think the Leftist would be perfectly comfortable with bringing back the guillotine - especially if it gets used the most at the SuperBowl halftime. 

Especially on the Cheatriots.

What do we do about government? If you look to closely you come away with a ‘burn the entire house down’ mentality. Then you step back and see what’s actually being accomplished in the last three years and you see that despite all the grandstanding, real progress is being made. (Just as it was under Obama, but in the other direction.) So...you’re just going to have a lot more running to the microphone with fake outrage and with each swing of the electoral pendulum you’ll have to get used to a different bunch of stooges behind that microphone all screaming about the end of the Republic, the end of civilization...or the end of the planet. Welcome to government in the age of social media and 24:7 cable news.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

The People can use the ballot box to effect severe proper change

might take another election for liberals to realize what is really going on in their country

...never would happen...look at the long, long, LONG list of "career politicians".......power mongers who the fickle electorate just keep re-electing.......look how many hang around into their 80's or even 90's.......Strom Thurmond (98)?......Bob Byrd(90)?.....Helms (83)?.....Hollings(83)?......."effective legislators"?.....seriously?.........

4 hours ago, John Adams said:

"Without blaming a political party"

Do you think someone could write this about the other side? Of course they could. 

You say you agree with my point, then spend the rest of your time completely undermining that statement. Your post is *the* problem. 

The part of your post I agreed with was the part I quoted. Specifically, that it isn't good vs. evil. (Although that needs further qualification). The rest of your post I thought was a subversive exercise in false equivocation.

And the short answer is no, you can't fix this problem without "blaming" a party anymore than you can treat the patient without "blaming" (i.e. diagnosing) the disease. I explained why that is in great detail in my previous post. 

And no, I don't think you could write this about the other side. Not with any degree of honesty or accuracy.

• Like (+1) 1

One thing I've always thought is that Supreme Court decisions should be unanimous. Justice is supposed to be blind, not dependent on personal political philosophy. If they all can't agree on something, then it should be kicked back to the states to decide or to start over. Anytime we have a 5-4 decision it feels like a travesty, that no real justice was accomplished. Maybe it would make the current justice nomination process less of a shitshow.

1 hour ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

One thing I've always thought is that Supreme Court decisions should be unanimous. Justice is supposed to be blind, not dependent on personal political philosophy. If they all can't agree on something, then it should be kicked back to the states to decide or to start over. Anytime we have a 5-4 decision it feels like a travesty, that no real justice was accomplished. Maybe it would make the current justice nomination process less of a shitshow.

Federal issues can't be kicked back to states. 

1 hour ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

ideology has always ruled since Day One of the US SC

part of the ebb and flow of a free society

some people like to collect evidence and facts and logic, some like to run on their emotions and prejudices and overturn everything that is common sense to 99.9% of the population

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

The part of your post I agreed with was the part I quoted. Specifically, that it isn't good vs. evil. (Although that needs further qualification). The rest of your post I thought was a subversive exercise in false equivocation.

And the short answer is no, you can't fix this problem without "blaming" a party anymore than you can treat the patient without "blaming" (i.e. diagnosing) the disease. I explained why that is in great detail in my previous post. 

And no, I don't think you could write this about the other side. Not with any degree of honesty or accuracy.

I won't do it in the spirit of the thread, but of course they could. I wouldn't believe half of it but I could do it in no time and that's the point of this good vs evil way of thinking about the other 50%. It's not a productive way to start working together. If you move in closer, the individuals are just people, and probably people you would be fine having at the neighborhood BBQ. 

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

i know i am in the minority here that think this, however....

until it is understood that both 'parties' are nothing more than just two different factions of the same 'party', no real change will be had. the levels of awareness by members of the party vary from useful idiots to puppet masters and everything between. useful idiots believe they are fighting for party ideals, whereas the puppet masters set the agendas to divide. the main stream media is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the 'party', as you see with a controlled narrative from either side of the same viewpoint.

it doesn't matter whether you are a politician or a journalist, if you aren't toeing the narrative, you are ostracized and marginalized to minimalize you and your thoughts. we, as a nation have become so fat in our largesse, i fear that the only way we will truly deviate from the plan the elite have for us is if/when stomach pains come into reality. 

this is the reason why i root for Trump. we have been presented with a chance that doesn't come along very often, a chance to marginalize the marginalizers. for it may very well be our only chance to have a peaceful revolution. if we are unsuccessful, it is going to get u.g.l.y.

I understand why you cheer him tearing down things. I do. 

But do you think that besides the judicial nominations and China (which may or may not come to heel on trade and IP), both of which I applaud often and loudly, that he's leaving much in place that can last? 

Edited by John Adams

17 minutes ago, John Adams said:

... I understand why you cheer him tearing down things. I do. 

But do you think that besides the judicial nominations and China (which may or may not come to heel on trade and IP), both of which I applaud often and loudly, that he's leaving much in place that can last? 

hell yes i do.

balanced trade.

fair and legal immigration.

rooting out human trafficking.

going after pedophiles.

re-instituting the rule of law.

doing away with the two tiered justice system.

there is a lot more but i'll let you stew on these for now.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...never would happen...look at the long, long, LONG list of "career politicians".......power mongers who the fickle electorate just keep re-electing.......look how many hang around into their 80's or even 90's.......Strom Thurmond (98)?......Bob Byrd(90)?.....Helms (83)?.....Hollings(83)?......."effective legislators"?.....seriously?.........

Trump and Boris are the result of decent people finally showing up at the voting booth and thinking for a change

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s actually proof that the electorate is ‘mad as hell and we’re not going to take this anymore’!

your system lets you have a good say every 2 years to bring in change

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That system is systematically....a mess!

as opposed to whom?

Israel is off to a 4th election in 12 months?

Canada is dicking around until a non-confidence vote comes down, shrug...

On 12/12/2019 at 9:03 AM, KRC said:

Taking John Adams' lead, let talk about what we can do to fix the problems in our government. As the OP, I will set the ground rules ;) .

Without blaming a political party or any specific politician, how do we fix the systemic issues that have put us in the situation we are in right now? There have been obvious failures on multiple levels that never should have happened. Can it be fixed or are we too far gone? We are still waiting on Barr and Durham to see if any unelected officials will be held accountable. We still have the matter of elected official accountability which is also underway. Other than voting people out of office to handle the elected official problem, how do we address the unelected official part of the problem?

What is the over/under on how fast someone will break the rules.

Abolish it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Funny you should bring that up... this is circulating again today (and recall, that  the DOJ shutdown their investigation to Tony Podesta in September <_< )

(thread)...

thank you for this.

there is A LOT there and there is a reason why it has been swept under the rug. hopefully, this is all part of the coming reveal.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Funny you should bring that up... this is circulating again today (and recall, that  the DOJ shutdown their investigation to Tony Podesta in September <_< )

(thread)

....and I'd bet Tony is just as honest, forthright, above board and clean as a whistle just like brother John, right?......a card carrying Dynasty member......

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

OK? I’m not sure you know but all state and local governments have to balance their budgets.

Clinton's budget "surplus." Proof that you can manipulate the numbers any way you want to get the desired result.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, KRC said:

Clinton's budget "surplus." Proof that you can manipulate the numbers any way you want to get the desired result.

provided the media kiss your behind 24/7

well, until the blue dress was tested...

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I stand by my suggestions 

I couldn’t care less about the bond market

Since you would be handicapping the government so much, what would you cut first, the military or health care for Vets and the elderly? 

Because getting rid of the bond market would mean getting rid of much of that...for only ignorant reasons. 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Since you would be handicapping the government so much, what would you cut first, the military or health care for Vets and the elderly? 

Because getting rid of the bond market would mean getting rid of much of that...for only ignorant reasons. 

It wouldn’t be up to me to get rid of anything. It would be up to the elected officials to compromise for a change and strike a balance between spending programs and taxes. With the key being thar if you want to raise or lower taxes you do so on everyone.

54 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

OK? I’m not sure you know but all state and local governments have to balance their budgets.

NY gets around actually balancing budgets by spinning off liabilities to state-created "Authorities", as an accounting gimmick. There's something like 1,200 Authorities that control everything from Niagara Falls to the Thruway to NY Harbor. Many of them own state property and "lease" it back to the state for nothing, to hide costs that we're paying either way.

As an example of how crooked they are: The NFTA (Niagara Frontier Transit Authority) has been a significant (though not the only) hindrance to developing Buffalo's waterfront area for decades, because they own most of the property and cannot be forced to sell. Or another example: The authority that runs the Niagara Falls power plant is not supposed to turn a profit selling power, but somehow had ~$500,000,000 lying around to "donate" back to the general fund (several times) during budget crises.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

NY gets around actually balancing budgets by spinning off liabilities to state-created "Authorities", as an accounting gimmick. There's something like 1,200 Authorities that control everything from Niagara Falls to the Thruway to NY Harbor. Many of them own state property and "lease" it back to the state for nothing, to hide costs that we're paying either way.

As an example of how crooked they are: The NFTA (Niagara Frontier Transit Authority) has been a significant (though not the only) hindrance to developing Buffalo's waterfront area for decades, because they own most of the property and cannot be forced to sell. Or another example: The authority that runs the Niagara Falls power plant is not supposed to turn a profit selling power, but somehow had ~$500,000,000 lying around to "donate" back to the general fund (several times) during budget crises.

good call bud.....it's a massive shell game gimmick......'ol Mario used to write "IOU's" to the State Insurance Fund (Workers Comp Insurance) to close any budget gap.......written on toilet paper......driver's licenses are for 7 years so they spend tomorrow's money today.....eventually with attrition or exodus, it will catch up......if you've ever done municipal work (we are in construction), departments go into panic mode as they near the fiscal year end with a potential surplus......and go into "spend every last nickel", mostly wasteful, versus facing a cut the following year.....

On December 12, 2019 at 11:29 AM, Koko78 said:

Public? No.

For example, if I were charged with using any means to end corruption at a particular bureaucratic institution (and, you know, disregarded my conscience/soul), I would likely call all employees into a meeting. At that meeting, I would call up selected people (in various capacities/ranks), that I had fairly solid evidence of corruption on. I would present that evidence to the crowd, and summarily execute them in front of the rest, hopefully splattering some gore on as many people as possible. I would then inform those assembled that this is the price they, and their families, would pay for further corrupt acts, before having them file out of the room, one at a time, past the dead bodies.

You can't change a bureaucratic/political culture with a few firings and rule changes, especially when it is damn near impossible to fire anyone.

Obviously the above example is horrible and over-the-top.

So you'd have killed Tom Price? He wasted tons of public money on personal matters 

How about tax evaders? Would you go after that corruption with the same blood thirsty enthusiasm? 

Disband the current congress, hold new elections within a year. Set a maximum of two terms for senators, two for congressmen. No current members will be allowed to run again.

Outlaw corporate money in the political arena, and allow no single donation over 1000 dollars.

Cleanse the unelected federal government civil service in a manner similar to the congress. Lifers are out.