Yankees Sign Cole - 9 Years, 324 Million

Virgil

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

Yankees reset the standard for elite pitching contracts.  Crazy how far these contracts have come.  NBA salary levels per year

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28271369/sources-yankees-gerrit-cole-agree-record-9-year-324m-deal

@Mike in Horseheads

In other news the O's are on target for the #1 pick in 2020,2021,2022.....

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well we beat ya 1 game last year pal

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Buster Olney

@Buster_ESPN

·

2h

It's likely that the Yankees will pay more for Gerrit Cole and Giancarlo Stanton than the Orioles will spend on their entire team.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yanks finally get their #1.  Look out MLB.  They have been chasing Cole for years

The guy has really came around, he was never this good with the Pirates

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They still pay more in Euro soccer. Only $36m/year... He won't see thr whole 9 years.  Chump change when it comes to soccer.

the players doesn't see much of the Euro $$$

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They still pay more in Euro soccer. Only $36m/year... He won't see thr whole 9 years.  Chump change when it comes to soccer.

There is an opt out after 4 years I believe

4 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Buster Olney

@Buster_ESPN

·

2h

It's likely that the Yankees will pay more for Gerrit Cole and Giancarlo Stanton than the Orioles will spend on their entire team.

The guy has really came around, he was never this good with the Pirates

Don't worry, Toronto will be joining you there. Their front office keeps telling everyone how aggressive they are being and how they are in on all of the FAs, but all of them decide elsewhere is better and they will be back to what they really want to do, signing reclamation projects and dumpster diving

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... It's all smoke and mirrors.  LoL... Not saying they are poor.  They are loaded beyond my wildest dreams.

But... All I am saying... What do these #s really mean besides getting the poor slob fan worked into a lather.  ???

the $$$ goes between the clubs on transfer fees, the players have to negotiate their salary independently, I'm old enough to remember hearing about the maximum wage paid to the English FA players weekly

the stars are well taken care of, but the transfer fees have nothing to do with the Yankees signing a free agent pitcher

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

There is an opt out after 4 years I believe

Don't worry, Toronto will be joining you there. Their front office keeps telling everyone how aggressive they are being and how they are in on all of the FAs, but all of them decide elsewhere is better and they will be back to what they really want to do, signing reclamation projects and dumpster diving

the Jays are a long time away from competing $$$$-wise with Boston and the NYY

• Thank you (+1) 1

I remember when Randy Johnson went to NY and couldn't handle it.

I hope that doesn't happen to Cole.

This gets the Rangers off the hook for the most stupid contract of all-time (10-year Alex Rodriguez deal).