Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

Dave Mondillo 18 Year Long Employee of Patriots*/Kraft

Mondillo, the "suspended" (or maybe not) producer of the signal stealing video in Cleveland, is not an independent contractor. In fact, contrary to the statements made by Belichick and the Pats* he has been the producer of Belichick's weekly segment working directly with him. Mondillo according to this source is one of the voices in the clip Glazer released.

It does not appear there is any even provable lie that Belichick and the Pats* don't think they can feed the media.

The damage done by this organization to good coaches in football across the country who teach integrity and respect of the rules is massive. The narrative pushed by the Pats* that "everyone does it" is a libel on every decent coach at every level of the game who teach honest play.

It is fitting that Belichick's press conference included his snark about how they "don't push it as far as they used to". Someone might want to remind him that he and his team have been penalized and fined historic amounts for the way they "pushed it", or in other words cheated and corrupted the game of football.

Edited by AKC
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, AKC said:

Dave Mondillo 18 Year Long Employee of Patriots*/Kraft

Mondillo, the "suspended" (or maybe not) producer of the signal stealing video in Cleveland, is not an independent contractor. In fact, contrary to the statements made by Belichick and the Pats* he has been the producer of Belichick's weekly segment working directly with him. Mondillo according to this source is one of the voices in the clip Glazer released.

It does not appear there is any even provable lie that Belichick and the Pats* don't think they can feed the media.

The damage done by this organization to good coaches in football across the country who teach integrity and respect of the rules is massive. The narrative pushed by the Pats* that "everyone does it" is a libel on every decent coach at every level of the game who teach honest play.

It is fitting that Belichick's press conference included his snark about how they "don't push it as far as they used to". Someone might want to remind him that he and his team have been penalized and fined historic amounts for the way they "pushed it", or in other words cheated and corrupted the game of football.

I agree with what Shannon Sharpe said about Belichek last week and that the NFL needs to ban Belichek for life. This guy cannot stop cheating and using dirty tactics.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I agree with what Shannon Sharpe said about Belichek last week and that the NFL needs to ban Belichek for life. This guy cannot stop cheating and using dirty tactics.

He should be banned for life.

But nothing will happen. It would jeopardize the NFL's history and put an asterisk beside everything the Pats have done for the past 20 years.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/15/2019 at 7:47 AM, ALF said:

Patriots facing significant penalties for illegally taping Bengals during Week 14 game vs. Browns

The New England Patriots are facing steep penalties for their admitted illegal taping of the Bengals sideline last week, league sources said, which is likely to include the loss of at least one draft pick and heavy fines.

There is the possibility of a suspension for a member of upper management and/or ownership as well, sources said, pending the results of the NFL's full investigation into the matter.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-facing-significant-penalties-for-illegally-taping-bengals-during-week-14-game-vs-browns/

They will gladly take the fine and hopefully loss of a 1st rd pick. I think it’s a calculated risk where the intel they gain is well worth the penalty they will receive. This BS needs to stop and Belicheat and Kraft need to be suspended permanently. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

But nothing will happen. It would jeopardize the NFL's history and put an asterisk beside everything the Pats have done for the past 20 years.  

If this was a case of Roger destroying the film like before it would be one thing.  Everyone has known and now have seen the proof.  This isn't the type of thing they can sweep under the rug and I'm sure if he did he would have a hard time explaining it at the owners meeting.

Everything since spygate 1 has an asterisk on it (at least to the fans not from NE) because of their history of cheating.

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed..  If Payton and Greggo got a ban... How can they not ban him for far longer?  He is and has been actively cheating and undermining the league's rules for years.   It's a complete slap in the face to every other franchise if its anything less.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Is there anyone dumber than Terry Bradshaw?   

Also, I love this quote from JJ:  “I can’t believe Belichick would be involved in something like this.”  ?

JJ and Belicheat are buds.

35 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Yup.  Can't tarnish the NFL's image, even though most fans consider their SB wins tainted now.

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

I believed this until Glazer and the Bengals (assuming they pushed the video leak) pushed the video onto the Fox pregame show. As bad as the NFL could look for admitting that the last 20 years have been tainted by a dirty team, they risk looking even worse for refusing to admit it in the face of damning, widely available proof. Ths fact that this footage was kept, and swiftly leaked by the Bengals shows that at least one ownership group has had enough. They may have forced Goodells hand. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Everything since spygate 1 has an asterisk on it (at least to the fans not from NE) because of their history of cheating.

I don't think this is true anymore for most people...

In the few years right after "spygate 1"...I heard a LOT of people say without cheating...the pats might not/would not have a lot (if any) of those titles...Brady wouldn't have the superbowl titles and would likely have worse stats than he does, therefore he would not be a HOF QB (let alone years later be in the conversation for greatest of all time).

Yet in the last couple of years...more and more people (even outside of Boston), more and more of the national and ESPN talking heads...just openly say "you have to admit Brady is the greatest of all time"  So I think AS time has gone by....cheating or not....or continued cheating across Brady's entire career ......"Spygate" has gotten smaller in people's minds.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

In the few years right after "spygate 1"...I heard a LOT of people say without cheating...the pats might not/would not have a lot (if any) of those titles...Brady wouldn't have the superbowl titles and would likely have worse stats than he does, therefore he would not be a HOF QB (let alone years later be in the conversation for greatest of all time).

Yet in the last couple of years...more and more people (even outside of Boston), more and more of the national and ESPN talking heads...just openly say "you have to admit Brady is the greatest of all time"  So I think AS time has gone by....cheating or not....continued cheating across Brady's entire career we may not have known about......"Spygate" has gotten smaller in people's minds.

This is the part that drives me crazy and fuels my hatred.

Include "genius" Bellicheat in the same conversation.

Edited by stevewin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Yet in the last couple of years...more and more people (even outside of Boston), more and more of the national and ESPN talking heads...just openly say "you have to admit Brady is the greatest of all time"  So I think AS time has gone by....cheating or not....continued cheating across Brady's entire career we may not have known about......"Spygate" has gotten smaller in people's minds.

I suppose so about spygate 1 in particular but just the ongoing theme with them is what makes it come full circle back to spygate.  First that, then deflategate and the crap about Brady destroying his phone and the "deflator" that "lost weight" and now this.  Even though as time passes it might get minimized, the second you hear about the Pats cheating I'm sure the original issue comes back to the surface.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Sean Payton was banned for one year.  

Rodger is such an ass.

Trying to injure players is not a part of the integrity of the game.  Cheating is cool though.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I suppose so about spygate 1 in particular but just the ongoing theme with them is what makes it come full circle back to spygate.  First that, then deflategate and the crap about Brady destroying his phone and the "deflator" that "lost weight" and now this.  Even though as time passes it might get minimized, the second you hear about the Pats cheating I'm sure the original issue comes back to the surface.

It is their culture. They cheat.  When they get caught cheating...they probably try to cheat in other ways. When someone finds a 'shortcut' to success, they don' think of it as cheating...they think of themself as being 'smarter' than everyone else for figuring out how to do it.

The Pats got caught cheating in spygate.  I don't think they quit cheating..they just tried to get smarter about it.  Heck, they KNOW how they got caught so what they had to do is keep doing it and now they know how to cover their tracks a bit better than before.

As time goes by though, they get a little complacent and more brazen. which is what happened here.  

In my mind I'm also pretty sure they have been cheating/pushing the rules all along and are continuing to do so in ways that no one even knows about yet.

For this reason, I think Bellicheck is a good coach...but I can't put him in the elite level..unless I want to say part of being an elite coach is finding a way to cheat and get away with it.

Same for Brady.  No way he has as many wins/as many titles/as good stats as he does without the cheating.  And if someone wants to argue about it...in my mind..cheaters NEVER get the benefit of the doubt.  You want to be the best ever? Be proud enough to do it without cheating or bending the rules in anyway possible.

There's no doubt the Pats organization was behind this and someone working for them did something against the rules that can be considered cheating. There fore the organization and Kraft can and should be punished for it. Kraft is the owner and is responsible for anything that is done be a Pats employee. It would be difficult to prove that BB or Brady had anything to do with this though and without evidence they can't do too much against them. We all know it's most likely that BB used any info given to him no matter where it came from, but without proof it's difficult to punish him for it. 

Kraft will probably be given a big fine, and they will lose some picks, but I doubt they face anything more

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

There's no doubt the Pats organization was behind this and someone working for them did something against the rules that can be considered cheating. There fore the organization and Kraft can and should be punished for it. Kraft is the owner and is responsible for anything that is done be a Pats employee. It would be difficult to prove that BB or Brady had anything to do with this though and without evidence they can't do too much against them. We all know it's most likely that BB used any info given to him no matter where it came from, but without proof it's difficult to punish him for it. 

Kraft will probably be given a big fine, and they will lose some picks, but I doubt they face anything more

I'm good with them losing pick(s) this year.  That would put a nail in the 'dynasty' (cheating generated or not) that is coming to an end.

Brady looks old and bad, for a long time now.  Edelman is getting beat up every year and he is  well on the wrong side of 30.  Not much else on the offense.

The Defense looks great this year...but it is one of the oldest group of starters in the league on that side of the ball.  They are going to need every draft pick available to them just to stay competitive in the next 1-2 years...losing any more of them will hurt big-time.

Let Bellicheck coach next year and dont' suspend him. Lets see just how good he is next year (seriously, lets see how good he is) with an aging QB, and aging D-unit, and HOPEFULLY the NFL watching like no other time to prevent them from even bending the slightest rule.

Edited by mjd1001
added content

Sadly Belichick is going to walk away free and clear on this one. He set it up perfectly to have plausible deniability. The team is going to get hit pretty hard I guess with fines and draft pick(s) but there is no way to tie the coach into this without someone coming out and blaming him. I do think the NFL would crucify him regardless of top 100 etc etc but there’s no way to nail him without some form of proof. They can try, but you know his stubborn ass is fighting it until the very end which creates an even bigger story and bad headlines for him, the team and the league. 
Sucks the damage has already been done for years and in the history of all this the cheating stuff is going to be mostly overlooked  

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Is there anyone dumber than Terry Bradshaw?   

Also, I love this quote from JJ:  “I can’t believe Belichick would be involved in something like this.”  ?

He is the poster boy for CTE but he may have been before he was in NFL.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

JJ and Belicheat are buds.

JJ is such a brown nose the stain is permanent.

if Billicheat was suspended a year he'd offer to come out of retirement and have him in ear every day.