Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stallions

Please Mr. Postman deliver another RB to the Bills

Recommended Posts

Competitive NFL teams have TWO good RB's that can DELIVER THE MAILThe Bills don't!  

Get another back that can run outside, take screen passes for good yardage and run short routes that break coverage.

Singletary has to carry the entire load alone.  Running #20 outside on 1st and goal from the five yard line is absurd.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind seeing Yeldon and Singletary activated and Gore on the bench. Yeldon at least offers another passing option

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Yeldon and Singletary activated and Gore on the bench. Yeldon at least offers another passing option

I would prefer all 3 active. The mismatch I think they’re missing with Yeldon is teams aren’t going to look for the run. He’s gonna get a few yards

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beane will draft another back in the mid rounds. He will probably find another vet as well. Running backs can be had all over the place in the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think its time for Yeldon, he is a good blocker, runs tough, and is an excellent receiver. Now, the Gore play at the goal line was not his fault, that was an awful call: do a QB sneak on 1st and a 1/2 yard to go.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Beane will draft another back in the mid rounds. He will probably find another vet as well. Running backs can be had all over the place in the draft. 

Or get Derrick Henry in FA

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Yeldon and Singletary activated and Gore on the bench. Yeldon at least offers another passing option

Not a bad suggestion considering we all thought the purpose of having Gore in the game is for short yardage situations to pick up first downs. We now know our O line isn't good enough to push a defense back when their expecting it. Gore isn't plowing through that line anyway. They're still awhile away from being an imposing unit. Ford and Dawkins are underwhelming and Morse is best in pass protection and pulling. Feliciano is pretty good and Spain is JAG.

Edited by billsbackto81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Or get Derrick Henry in FA

I’d be shocked if Beane did that. Everything points to this regime as seeing the RB position as a value area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’d be shocked if Beane did that. Everything points to this regime as seeing the RB position as a value area.

It is a value area in the draft but Henry is an absolute beast - for the right price you might want to get him

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

It is a value area in the draft but Henry is an absolute beast - for the right price you might want to get him

For sure, but someone will give him $10-12mil a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Too much for a RB 

Why is it too much? They have more cap than they can possibly spend without bad contracts while Allen is on the rookie deal. Beane does not do contracts unless he gets an out so anything with Henry would be more of a 2-3 year deal. Who cares what we pay as long as there’s production? You can’t just pluck a rookie and guarantee production. With Henry you already know what you’re getting. People need to stop worrying about contracts the money has to go somewhere. Buffalo has an amazing cap and can afford to blow big money on 2-3 players and still re sign our own guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely we can draft a RB bully. Every team seems to find 1000 yarders with every pick...can't be that hard :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rc2catch said:

Why is it too much? They have more cap than they can possibly spend without bad contracts while Allen is on the rookie deal. Beane does not do contracts unless he gets an out so anything with Henry would be more of a 2-3 year deal. Who cares what we pay as long as there’s production? You can’t just pluck a rookie and guarantee production. With Henry you already know what you’re getting. People need to stop worrying about contracts the money has to go somewhere. Buffalo has an amazing cap and can afford to blow big money on 2-3 players and still re sign our own guys. 

Because paying RB’s that much is higher than market value. LeVeon Bell was way overpaid. I dont think any team will give him that kind of money: I can see 3 years at 6-7 mil per. Time will tell for all we know he stays in Tennessee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get Yeldon in the game and give him 10 touches.  It changes the dynamics of the offense. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a good RB on the inactive list every week. This team is obsessed with Frank Gore. The guy has been done for 5 years and his legs are jello out there. But keeping Yeldon inactive on gameday makes sense. Especially when he would probably be the 3rd best reciever on the team.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Because paying RB’s that much is higher than market value. LeVeon Bell was way overpaid. I dont think any team will give him that kind of money: I can see 3 years at 6-7 mil per. Time will tell for all we know he stays in Tennessee 

I wouldn’t care as much but I read today Tennessee is undecided and will probably let him walk. 
Not every player has to be a bargain. If you got the money you might as well spend it. 
Hurts nothing to give him a fat deal. Guy like him changes the entire dynamic of this offense. We got good value for Yeldon, they don’t even want him. Might as well pay for someone they’re going to use and use a lot 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think our RBs are fine. Daboll just don't use them very well.  Please bring Nsekhe back so we have an oline that can block instead of turnstile Ford.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We have a good RB on the inactive list every week. This team is obsessed with Frank Gore. The guy has been done for 5 years and his legs are jello out there. But keeping Yeldon inactive on gameday makes sense. Especially when he would probably be the 3rd best reciever on the team.

He's also the #1 fumbler! What a game changer he could be 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

He's also the #1 fumbler! What a game changer he could be 😀

He’s not a perfect player but he’s an excellent Receiver out of the backfield and Frank Gore is completely finished. Ray Charles could see it.  I’d take my chances with Singletary and Yeldon down the stretch. If you feel it completely necessary to dress Gore then just use him as the 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All in good time, all in good time........have faith. Trust the process. 

 

Help will be there next year. 

 

..

Edited by Augie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...