Doug Flutie to be legend of the game this Sunday

17 minutes ago, StHustle said:

WRONG! We win that game and MANY would have been clamoring that we go back to Flutie. AGAIN he threw for LESS yards than Flutie did all year. Got sacked MORE time. Had MORE fumbles. MORE safeties. And cause he led a game winning FG drive it would erase the HORRIBLE game? RJ completed 2 passes that drive for 23 yards. WOW!!! WHAT A HERO! Come on man. 

Flutie had a 140 QB Rating in one of these last 6 games you speak of. We went 4-2. HOW SPOILED WE WERE!!! Let's bench the last QB who will lead us to the playoffs for the last time in the next 18 years cause he is in a slump. NO TEAM DOES THIS. NEVER HAPPENED. STOP DEFENDING THIS!!!

I'm explaining the rationale behind it. in retrospect it's easy to say it was a mistake but if look at the picture as things were unfolding it makes some sense, not perfect sense but some. I love how you mention one game but want to ignore 5. WHY? because it fits your argument but the fact is Flutie was not playing great football and got benched for the playoff game, maybe in retrospect he should have been benched sooner. Either way it doesn't matter we lost, was it because of RJ? In part yes but he did much of what Flutie did that year which was make enough plays to put us ahead when we last touched the ball, again the end result didn't work because our Special Teams failed. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Yall forget Flutie helped keep the team here in Buffalo by winning alot of games. LOTS of talk about the team leaving Buffalo when he was here. Very grateful to Doug. 

Adding to the mythology. I'm sure the rest of the team would love to hear this. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JoeF said:

Bills should have brought them both back (RJ and Flutie) for a cage match pre-game to sell out and get the crowd riled.  Missed opportunity!

Or bring them both back together and have them hug to unite the fan base and end this stupid in fighting once and for all. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Or bring them both back together and have them hug to unite the fan base and end this stupid in fighting once and for all. 

Fine either way @The Jokeman  yours is a more coach McDermott proposal.  Mine is more Ryan brothers

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Adding to the mythology. I'm sure the rest of the team would love to hear this. 

Yeah. Flutie WON games to save the franchise. Nevermind the fact that he was a pedestrian QB and Wade Phillips put together the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN FOOTBALL!

The whole Flutie narrative is nothing but fantasy land.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. Flutie WON games to save the franchise. Nevermind the fact that he was a pedestrian QB and Wade Phillips put together the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN FOOTBALL!

The whole Flutie narrative is nothing but fantasy land.

But...but...the Flutie curse, don't cha know!  The Bills organization was cursed for 20 years because Flutie was benched for the other pedestrian QB, Rob Johnson.  You know how many chickens had to be sacrificed for this curse to be lifted?  C'mon man!   ROFL.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

YOUR TRAIN OF THOUGHT IS FLAWED WHEN IGNORE  DON'T LOOK AT HOW CRAPPY OUR OFFENSE WAS IN 1999 UNDER FLUTIE  THE LAST 6 GAMES HE STARTED!!!!!

:lol: Show us on the doll where Flutie hurt you:lol:

keyboard-smash-o.gif

Edited by stosh64
  • Haha (+1) 1

Finally the curse of Flutie will be lifted!!! I’d rather have a little Flutie than a big Johnson.  What an absolute ? he was and I hate everyone who wanted him to play. ?

15 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

But...but...the Flutie curse, don't cha know!  The Bills organization was cursed for 20 years because Flutie was benched for the other pedestrian QB, Rob Johnson.  You know how many chickens had to be sacrificed for this curse to be lifted?  C'mon man!   ROFL.

I mean we did really good after we benched Flutie. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Finally the curse of Flutie will be lifted!!! I’d rather have a little Flutie than a big Johnson.  What an absolute ? he was and I hate everyone who wanted him to play. ?

I mean we did really good after we benched Flutie. 

Neither was any better than pedestrian.  The defense was excellent, that is what made that Bills team good.

On 12/6/2019 at 12:29 PM, The Jokeman said:

Nice.  Personally it didn't take too long for me to see that both were not the answer.

Just thinking back to those days make me shudder at what the future was holding for us fans.