If Foster Starts Rolling This Team Is Beyond Dangerous

H2o

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

I have noticed the same thing. Foster has some serious speed and can cause fits opposite Brown if used right. Off topic some- where in the heck is Croft? A lot of money for such little production.

Lara Croft from tombraider??

Or Tyler KROFT?

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They had no tight ends on the roster

That's no reason to overpay a guy like him. 

As for Foster, I've been saying all along that he should have been starting opposite Brown.  At worst he's a decoy to open things up for Brown and Bease. 

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Lara Croft from tombraider??

Or Tyler KROFT?

***** she would do better ?

36 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Singeltary and Foster DO have some after burners.....work Knox and Sweeney underneath in the seam as well......throw in a bit of Brown & Beasley......hmmmm......

Yes sir! One dimension I wish we had right now- a Derrick Henry type back. 

52 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Kroft was basically replaced by Knox.  They signed Kroft because they had basically no TEs on the roster that could both block and catch.

Drafting Knox gave them a TE that could do both (along with Sweeney) and then with the Kroft injuries- Knox was able to show what he could do.

Running a basic 11 formation with Singletary and 3 WRs - Knox and Kroft are interchangeable and Knox is further along in the offense and slightly better.

I think if the run a 1 RB and 2 TE set both Kroft and Knox make a nice combo because both can block and catch making it harder in a balanced set to know what to cover.

I agree whole heartedly but wouldnt it be nice to have them a little more in a 2 TE set? 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

He did have a nice first down catch against Denver. My expectations for our tight ends are admittedly pretty low though.

Mine too!

I have noticed the same thing. Foster has some serious speed and can cause fits opposite Brown if used right. Off topic some- where in the heck is Croft? A lot of money for such little production.

Knox is playing the role they envisioned for Kroft.

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have no idea why they gave Kroft such a large contract. 

It was a glaring need in free agency. The draft hadn't happened yet. If we didn't draft Knox, Kroft would be in that role.

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

***** she would do better ?

Yes sir! One dimension I wish we had right now- a Derrick Henry type back. 

I agree whole heartedly but wouldnt it be nice to have them a little more in a 2 TE set? 

Mine too!

...as much as I'm in "shock and awe" over the ageless "Frank The Tank", a youthful modern day Derrick Henry type should be on McBeane's draft day list......

Got me thinking about how "Speed kills."

Sorry to sidetrack... But watch how Dallas' #50, Sean Lee misjudges Allen's final burst.

WHIFF!  Difference between a TD and stopping a few yards short of line.  Every stop is a potential goal line stand as a turnover (downs included).

20191130_095114.thumb.jpg.adffa44e410771f3dc72c724038d7671.jpg

20191130_095254.thumb.jpg.0f79c947c2c1c4e48bdbd77d02f77514.jpg

20191130_095449.thumb.jpg.c684130406d1f4779b2af83647782b4c.jpg

Made him look like total chump.  I mean, 2-Time Pro Bowler, Lee has good "angle of pursuit", but Speed wins out, Allen gets ahead of the attempted would be tackler. Total whiff!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, ocemur said:

Foster's nickname should be "Santa" because people talk about him all Fall but he doesn't show up until December.

LoL... But that's what teams need.  Remember Joe Fergus?  Except opposite.  Work in the winter.

Maybe this team is starting to get the right pieces in place. Figuring out timing.  

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

It was a glaring need in free agency. The draft hadn't happened yet. If we didn't draft Knox, Kroft would be in that role.

I understand the need part.  I don't understand giving that much to a player like him, i.e. one with such little production and injury-prone.

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...as much as I'm in "shock and awe" over the ageless "Frank The Tank", a youthful modern day Derrick Henry type should be on McBeane's draft day list......

Haha Frank the tanks numbers are not so good these days. Im sure RB will be high on the list. I cant believe Yeldon hasn’t seen the field. Shows what they think of him!

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

Knox is playing the role they envisioned for Kroft.

I am definitely excited about Knox! 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Haha Frank the tanks numbers are not so good these days. Im sure RB will be high on the list. I cant believe Yeldon hasn’t seen the field. Shows what they think of him!

I am definitely excited about Knox! 

...have to agree bud.....not part of the "Yeldon Hate Gang"....kid has some talent, especially hands....with "Frank The Tank", you know what you're getting, the "Freightliner" up the gut.....I would think the Singeltary/Yeldon duo provides more options and weapons for Allen....just a thought....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Exactly,  we don't have to be compelled to use him exclusively on fly routes. He can be a very good short to medium depth receiver. I've seen mocks having us consider Jonathan Taylor in the 1st. Then turn around and get Michael Pittman in the 2nd. This offense next year could be "unBillieveable"......

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly,  we don't have to be compelled to use him exclusively on fly routes. He can be a very good short to medium depth receiver. I've seen mocks having us consider Jonathan Taylor in the 1st. Then turn around and get Michael Pittman in the 2nd. This offense next year could be "unBillieveable"......

We have a nice corps group - some fine tuning is what we need. 

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...have to agree bud.....not part of the "Yeldon Hate Gang"....kid has some talent, especially hands....with "Frank The Tank", you know what you're getting, the "Freightliner" up the gut.....I would think the Singeltary/Yeldon duo provides more options and weapons for Allen....just a thought....

Why dress Senorise when he does nodda on teams? Split Yeldon out. There must be something they don’t like just like Duke ?‍♂️

If y’all recall there were some folks last year whom envisioned a scenario that Foster could be a #1 type receiver in buffalo. Then his injury concerns have kept he out of the loop so far. If his health is truly back he adds that stretch the defense weapon as bookend to Smoke Brown as has been stated there will be someone single covered and I really like the possibilities. 

• Like (+1) 2

I really like how Daboll uses both Foster and McKenzie. It took a season and a half but McDermott and Daboll finally figured out that speed is the most dangerous ability in the modern NFL. Really the whole offense has opened up ever since we got rid of Zay Jones. Every receiver on the field puts stress on the defense and it shows.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Cowboys fans are questioning their defensive scheme as to not doubling/bracketing Cole Beasley

If they had done that they’d be questioning why they didn’t bracket Brown. 

Aside from Allen’s play these past few weeks the best thing I’ve seen from the Bills is that if teams take away Brown the Bills have a legitimate threat somewhere else in Beasley.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s funny, my dad and I were talking about this yesterday. Foster could be a key moving forward. He may make a play that wins a game (or even a playoff game). His speed is elite and adds an element to the Bills offense.

He has more “football speed” than smoke- not sure what each 40 times are.

• Like (+1) 1