If Foster Starts Rolling This Team Is Beyond Dangerous

H2o

It seems that Foster is starting to be worked into the offense a bit more the last couple of weeks. Maybe the injuries hampered him to the point he just fell behind everyone else? Maybe he played himself into the doghouse for a while? Who knows. One thing is we have a better group this year as well so he's not a focal point like he was towards the end of the year in 2018. Over the last 4 games in 2018 though is when he came on with 19 catches for 285 yards and 2 TD's. We are now in the last 4 game stretch of 2019. If we can get that version of Foster, to go with Smoke who can hurt you all over the field, Knox who has really impressed as a rookie, Beasley who is basically unguardable in the slot, and the running game we have established to go along with the defense we already had? Watch out because this team could very well make a run that no one thought possible. 

• Like (+1) 37
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

His speed is apparent.  Foster as a compliment to Brown and Beasley is a big deal.  Teams will almost forget about him.  I suspect Foster to sneak behind a defense a few times before the year is out.  Allen with the confidence he has Imo will connect on those plays.

• Like (+1) 6

I love what I’ve seen from Foster these past 2 weeks.  He’s made plays, and just his speed presence on the field changes things for the defense schematically. 

Cowboys fans are questioning their defensive scheme as to not doubling/bracketing Cole Beasley, but I wouldn’t be shocked if we found out the speed we have on the outside with Brown and Foster was a big reason why they decided they had to single cover Cole.  Nevermind that on multiple plays, Jaylon Smith was spying Allen.  Can only take away so much.. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

It seems that Foster is starting to be worked into the offense a bit more the last couple of weeks. Maybe the injuries hampered him to the point he just fell behind everyone else? Maybe he played himself into the doghouse for a while? Who knows. One thing is we have a better group this year as well so he's not a focal point like he was towards the end of the year in 2018. Over the last 4 games in 2018 though is when he came on with 19 catches for 285 yards and 2 TD's. We are now in the last 4 game stretch of 2019. If we can get that version of Foster, to go with Smoke who can hurt you all over the field, Knox who has really impressed as a rookie, Beasley who is basically unguardable in the slot, and the running game we have established to go along with the defense we already had? Watch out because this team could very well make a run that no one thought possible. 

Agree 100%.  He's a blur when he gets into a high gear.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

I have noticed the same thing. Foster has some serious speed and can cause fits opposite Brown if used right. Off topic some- where in the heck is Croft? A lot of money for such little production.

He did have a nice first down catch against Denver. My expectations for our tight ends are admittedly pretty low though.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

If he gets hot like he did end of last year it’s a big deal for our potential run. Like huuuuge.

likewise if Shaq and Oliver get hot. 

the two major spots you’d want to see reinforcements are pass catcher and pass rusher. If our inconsistent guys all hit an upswing together our possibilities are near limitless.

• Like (+1) 7

13 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I have noticed the same thing. Foster has some serious speed and can cause fits opposite Brown if used right. Off topic some- where in the heck is Croft? A lot of money for such little production.

Buffalo signed him in March before they drafted Knox. He appears to have lost his job due to the injury, and seems set as the #2 TE.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Buffalo signed him in March before they drafted Knox. He appears to have lost his job due to the injury, and seems set as the #2 TE.

I guess Kroft is a really good blocker too.  Really strong and aggressive.  It will be interesting to see if they keep him around with Knox having such a good rookie season.  

2 hours ago, H2o said:

if Foster is able to run the entire route tree... my gosh, defenses are in trouble. Foster and Brown on the outside, Beasley in the slot and either Knox or Kroft lining up at TE and Singletary in the backfield... that is a scarey lineup to defend. not to mention, you would also have to account for Josh's run ability.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 8

8 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Kroft was basically replaced by Knox.  They signed Kroft because they had basically no TEs on the roster that could both block and catch.

Drafting Knox gave them a TE that could do both (along with Sweeney) and then with the Kroft injuries- Knox was able to show what he could do.

Running a basic 11 formation with Singletary and 3 WRs - Knox and Kroft are interchangeable and Knox is further along in the offense and slightly better.

I think if the run a 1 RB and 2 TE set both Kroft and Knox make a nice combo because both can block and catch making it harder in a balanced set to know what to cover.

• Like (+1) 4

I too have noticed that they're working him the ball. I like it. I know people want to see Duke, but it's just really hard to not have the speed of Foster and McKenzie at our disposal. Honestly, whether or not he becomes anything more than a role player this year, the fact that he's putting positive plays on tape right now (the past two weeks have been huge) increase his value a ton because other teams are not quick to forget what he did last year. When he was MIA they didn't have to worry about him. Now, he's showing some things and reminding them what he can do. That makes him, if nothing else, a great decoy. 

Also, from what I've seen so far this year, he seems to be running a lot of crossers, which I don't remember from last year... I like that with his length and speed. 

Past two weeks he's averaging 2 touches for 18 yards a pop. That with the injury. I think they definitely see a roll for him. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1