If Foster Starts Rolling This Team Is Beyond Dangerous

H2o

Totally agree on the value-add Foster brings when he is producing, if they get him going--which it appears has started to happen, watch out!

I would also add, McKenzie brings another dynamic, he has twitch quick speed, he can get from 0 to 100 MPH better than anyone else. Don't overlook the contribution he makes with that ability. We've seen it several times this year on the Jet Sweeps, and he has become a reliable pass catcher.

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if Foster is able to run the entire route tree... my gosh, defenses are in trouble. Foster and Brown on the outside, Beasley in the slot and either Knox or Kroft lining up at TE and Singletary in the backfield... that is a scarey lineup to defend. not mention you have to account for Josh's run ability.

This. If Foster is going to make a big impact over the last four games (and into the playoffs) it will be utilizing that speed on routes, and in ways, other than the deep ball. We saw it over the last few games. I'm hoping  it will increase from here forward.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

This. If Foster is going to make a big impact over the last four games (and into the playoffs) it will be utilizing that speed on routes, and in ways, other than the deep ball. We saw it over the last few games. I'm hoping  it will increase from here forward.

i mean... with that line up, it is a pick your poison type thing for the opposing defenses. it won't matter who they try to neutralize.

it would appear that the game has slowed down enough for Josh at this point that he is making his progressions fairly routine and easy.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, H2o said:

It seems that Foster is starting to be worked into the offense a bit more the last couple of weeks. Maybe the injuries hampered him to the point he just fell behind everyone else? Maybe he played himself into the doghouse for a while? Who knows. One thing is we have a better group this year as well so he's not a focal point like he was towards the end of the year in 2018. Over the last 4 games in 2018 though is when he came on with 19 catches for 285 yards and 2 TD's. We are now in the last 4 game stretch of 2019. If we can get that version of Foster, to go with Smoke who can hurt you all over the field, Knox who has really impressed as a rookie, Beasley who is basically unguardable in the slot, and the running game we have established to go along with the defense we already had? Watch out because this team could very well make a run that no one thought possible. 

I swear Daboll makes better play calls from the box.  That could be part of utilizing Foster, Singletary and others more.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I have noticed the same thing. Foster has some serious speed and can cause fits opposite Brown if used right. Off topic some- where in the heck is Croft? A lot of money for such little production.

....Singeltary and Foster DO have some after burners.....work Knox and Sweeney underneath in the seam as well......throw in a bit of Brown & Beasley......hmmmm......

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Singeltary and Foster DO have some after burners.....work Knox and Sweeney underneath in the seam as well......throw in a bit of Brown & Beasley......hmmmm......

And then usually a spy will be on Josh Allen. lol, which leaves nobody to double team anyone really.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, JinxedBill said:

Forster needs to come on strong he’s the element of this offense we are missing.

Also need to get the ball to Knox more. Kid is like gronk out there running ppl over. 

Loved the little 4 yard out that Knox almost turns into a first down by just running over the defender up the sideline.  

He’s definitely poised to be a major impact player at the TE position for years to come. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Loved the little 4 yard out that Knox almost turns into a first down by just running over the defender up the sideline.  

He’s definitely poised to be a major impact player at the TE position for years to come. 

...LMAO...could hear Berman with his "Mike Alstott sound track"..........:thumbsup:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i mean... with that line up, it is a pick your poison type thing for the opposing defenses. it won't matter who they try to neutralize.

it would appear that the game has slowed down enough for Josh at this point that he is making his progressions fairly routine and easy.

He is making progressions quicker and the strength of his game this year has been 0-20 yds from the LOS. Utilizing Foster's speed in ways like the crossing pattern he pulled up lame on in the Denver game will make this offense even better. In addition, over the last three games, Allen has been more aggressive in that 20 - 30 yard range (which I have always felt is his wheelhouse when he has time and is in rhythm) and Foster's speed opposite Brown would only open that area up even more..

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if Foster is able to run the entire route tree... my gosh, defenses are in trouble. Foster and Brown on the outside, Beasley in the slot and either Knox or Kroft lining up at TE and Singletary in the backfield... that is a scarey lineup to defend. not mention you have to account for Josh's run ability.

Lets not forget about McKenzie, who I think is a total 'x' factor.  They always seem to find a way to do something interesting with him

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, die hard bills fan said:

All a part of Daboll's master plan.  Hide your teams offensive "identity" until mid season and then slowly add in key elements and  unleash your full potential on unsuspecting defensive coordinators for then end of the season and playoffs.  ?

...which did increase cardiac arrest incidents by 37% in WNY......