Shout out to Brian Daboll

Called an EXCELLENT game today. Had some really nice payoffs of our tendencies throughout the year. The John Brown TD pass was game ending. 

I think Daboll deserves some credit for Singletary and Allen’s progress as well. Both of the young players looking like stars is not accident. 

Keep it rolling.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I agree.  :thumbsup:

Gotta give it up to Daboll who has looked like a really good OC the past few weeks! Being up in the booth might have been the answer for him to see and read the defense and relay it to Josh. 

I thought for sure if the Bills had gotten behind in this game that Daboll would go pass happy, and he didn't. Very well called game plan and execution by the players. 

Hats off to Dabs!     Josh's nickname for him.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He did a really nice job today of giving them some plays early in the game that set stuff up for later. Including the early Josh run which came on an option play that Singletary hit a couple of decent runs on later. 

The double motion reverse to McK was something too. Caught Dallas flat footed

• Like (+1) 1

He has to stop calling designed QB runs in long yardage situations.

He also has to stop thinking Frank Gore is the right guy to give us breathing room when we're playing from our own end zone.

The play calling on the "drive" following the interception was pathetic.

Overall, he called a good game.  But he still made NUMEROUS head-scratching calls.  I wish he would stop trying to be smarter than the opponent's D coordinator.  In most cases, he simply is NOT.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

He also has to stop thinking Frank Gore is the right guy to give us breathing room when we're playing from our own end zone.

Overall, he called a good game.  But he still made NUMEROUS head-scratching calls.  I wish he would stop trying to be smarter than the opponent's D coordinator.  In most cases, he simply is NOT.

I agree. Today was not his best game calling plays, today was about our guys out-executing their opponents. We didn’t win on offensive coaching today. And yes I remember the trick play. 

Ex: Singletary breaks a big run and is clearly winded...next play is perfect for play action. Instead they run him off tackle and goes for negative yards. Way too many obvious run calls that didn’t put enough pressure on pretty average Dallas defense imo.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Called an EXCELLENT game today. Had some really nice payoffs of our tendencies throughout the year. The John Brown TD pass was game ending. 

I think Daboll deserves some credit for Singletary and Allen’s progress as well. Both of the young players looking like stars is not accident. 

Keep it rolling.

Yeah I second this. I like the creativity he shows. The players you mentioned are all playing well, and getting better. He is using mckenzie well I think underneath and foster has made an appearance or two. Despite the clamour for duke, we look faster then we did and things are opening up. Allen executing better is always going to help to show Daboll's calling as better.

Loved the touchdown throw by brown. You know he's doing something right when it looks like another teams offence that as a fan you would be envious of!

Just now, Bangarang said:

Josh was making a lot of calls and checks at the line tonight. I wonder if Daboll was in his ear telling him what he saw or if Josh was that much in control. Whatever is going on was working.

I was wondering that because the change has been so drastic for the better. 

The Brown TD throw is one of the best play calls I've ever seen. Right after picking up an improbable 4th and 1 it's a perfect time to catch Dallas off guard, and we use one of our biggest tendencies to run a trick play that we hadn't put on tape before. Perfect play call against man coverage. Just all around a sublime play.

I still have issues with his play calling at times. The scheme of his offense is great but we find ourselves in a lot of 3rd and longs and then we rely on Allen to pull us out of it. I will say his play calling in the 2nd half today noticeably improved, it was the best half that Daboll has coached this year.

12 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Josh was making a lot of calls and checks at the line tonight. I wonder if Daboll was in his ear telling him what he saw or if Josh was that much in control. Whatever is going on was working.

This was somewhat confirmed by Josh today:

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Why? Allen had positive gains on at least 2 of the designed runs.

33 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Brown TD throw is one of the best play calls I've ever seen. Right after picking up an improbable 4th and 1 it's a perfect time to catch Dallas off guard, and we use one of our biggest tendencies to run a trick play that we hadn't put on tape before. Perfect play call against man coverage. Just all around a sublime play.

I still have issues with his play calling at times. The scheme of his offense is great but we find ourselves in a lot of 3rd and longs and then we rely on Allen to pull us out of it. I will say his play calling in the 2nd half today noticeably improved, it was the best half that Daboll has coached this year.

This was somewhat confirmed by Josh today:

Sounds like a combination of Daboll helping and Allen still diagnosing what’s in front of him.

• Like (+1) 1