MNF: Baltimore at LA Rams

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

A little short sighted, no?  The Packers are 8-3, on top of the NFC north, and are much better than some thought they would be with a new coach and offensive system.  Plus their defense is legit for the first time in years.  It is odd that Green Bay struggles when playing in Calif.  Wonder what happens if they play the Raiders in Oakland.

Really? Better than people thought with a new coach.  That’s not how it went down.  Universally there was derision of McCarthy.  HE was the problem we were told. 

Exposed last night.  It had nothing to do with flying a few hours west (off a bye, no less).

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Maybe. I’m certainly no Goff fan. But they scored 30 and 26 in back to back playoff games against the Cowboys and Saints, respectively. Granted, they were gifted the Super Bowl appearance, but they were cruising again until that Super Bowl. 

They were exposed by Matt Patricia playing Detroit. 

Figured out Goff could not read coverages and McVay was calling everything at the line through the headset - working Goff like a puppet. The league rules cut communication to the headsets at the 15 sec mark of the play clock and Patricia was changing his defensive packages right before the snap, and the Rams could not move the ball.

Belichick perfected it in the Superbowl and has a better overall defense to begin with.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

Heavy reliance on the CB's.

I expect them to target Wallace, and it would not be pretty.

3 TE's is also going to be tough to cover.

Wallace can play.  He hit a rough patch for a couple games, but he's played well for the most part since last season.  That's no fluke.

Edited by purple haze

2 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Why are you surprised?  He threw it pretty well at Louisville.  Always had a strong arm.  His mechanics were inconsistent, but it appears he's figured that out.

I just wasn't expecting him to be this good.  My thought is that he would struggle against NFL defenses.  Lamar is a great athlete and John Harbaugh is a great coach - it has come together for Baltimore.

13 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Anyone have any idea on how to stop Ravens offense?  I'm thinking stack the box and put Tre White on Hollywood Brown.  

Well...we know you can't stop them by making them collapse in laughter with piss-yellow color rush uniforms.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Really? Better than people thought with a new coach.  That’s not how it went down.  Universally there was derision of McCarthy.  HE was the problem we were told. 

Exposed last night.  It had nothing to do with flying a few hours west (off a bye, no less).

Packers also lost to the Chargers (in LA) the other week; very strange and really shouldn't have happened.  SF is a really good team and they showed it; I wouldn't read any more into it than that.

10 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

This is an embarrassing display by the Rams. Not that I expected then to win, but boy this is a terrible display by the D and O. 

Yes.  This could wind up being the worst beat-down the Ravens have put on anyone this season, and that would include the 49 points they hung up on the Dolphins.

Normally when you see a basketball score like this, it means the opponents have been turning the ball over big time.

11 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

This is an embarrassing display by the Rams. Not that I expected then to win, but boy this is a terrible display by the D and O. 

Not as embarrassing as dancing with a bee girl in a Blind Melon video, but close.

• Haha (+1) 2