Put Down the Pitchforks (Specifically those sharpened for Cody Ford)

40 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Ford had a good game, but many of us would like to see some CONSISTENCY. We expect it from our QB, pass rush, TEs, we'd like to see it from our Oline too. 

Consistency often comes with time and experience.  Josh Allen is far more consistent now than he was a year ago, and he'll be more consistent next year.  Ford is going to grow too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I know this, Beane and Co. were very happy to get Cody Ford and their elation was not a consolation prize type of glee as their live reaction was shown after the Draft. People can dump on Beane all they'd like, but so far they've Drafted quite well, which team lends credibility to the selection of Ford until proven otherwise. That said, Ford has a long way to mature in his position but one of the things I like is that he has room to get stronger and bigger, in the muscular sense. Dawkins does too, and I've been surprised that he hasn't shown more gains in the strength department but he's playing well so - meh, if it works for him so be it. But Ford getting stronger, better at the OT position (as one poster noted above), and gaining NFL experience all bode well for him over the long-term. 

Dallas next week, in the Star and on short rest, will be a test for the entire team. I would not be surprised to see some regression - although I truly hope I'm wrong. On the upside, the Bills then have 10 days rest and preparation for Baltimore at home - which, second only to the *Pats will be their biggest test of the year. 

I will say this, surprisingly Dallas has lost quite a few Thanksgiving day games in the past

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Ford had a good game, but many of us would like to see some CONSISTENCY. We expect it from our QB, pass rush, TEs, we'd like to see it from our Oline too. 

The o line, IMO, has been excellent all year.  They are the most critical element of Allen's development and I appreciate that they are allowing him to grow.  There's been multiple packages of players on the line - yet still they perform.  

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Von Miller plays us next year.  Of course he's going to compliment Ford.

Miller is a true professional not one of the new age prima donna's ! I think weather we were to play him again next year or any time this is just what the guy is a class act & a player the NFL is proud to have as a face of the league !! 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Denver is not a playoff team,  let's see how Ford does going against a top d-line playing for something.  It's great they have the record that they do and i am happy but they need to show they can beat playoff bound teams. The Dallas game is their first test and i am excited to see what they can do in a game that means something to the other team,

The following is true:

"Denver is not a playoff team."

I agree.

The following is not true:

"Let's see how Ford does against a top d-line"

The facts disagree: Going into Sunday's matchup, Denver had the 4th best D, and Von Miller is a force. 

So, I'm 50/50 on the take. Hard argument for me to fully agree with. I'd say Ford did face a very solid D-line, but one that's on a team that is flawed, overall. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Von Miller plays us next year.  Of course he's going to compliment Ford.

Not necessarily.  Miller is too smart to trash talk a guy, but he could have said relatively non-controversial stuff about his own play "we just didn't bring it" "disappointed in myself" whatever.  He didn't need to go out of his way to throw props to not one, but two young players.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

What I do or do not expect is irrelevant.

My point is that Ford was starting to become a whipping boy for the trolls here. I let Mr. Miller's description of Ford's play speak in contradiction of what the trolls have been saying, and followed that up with the observation that Von Miller may know more about how well an opposing offensive lineman's play stacks up, than, say, some folks on this board. 

I'm literally just being a conduit for a well-informed opinion that directly contradicts the hateraide that has recently been served by certain factions on this board.

Call it public service.

TSW does love its whipping boys.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I know two things:

1) I will get flamed for saying this, on this board (sure: get your pitchforks ready, for me)

And 

2) This is NOT my take... it comes from the mouth of Von Miller, himself...

I'll quit jub-jabbering and let the multi-time all-pro discuss the much-maligned (at least on this board) Cody Ford:

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41085879-4

Thanks to Marcel Louis-Jacques for capturing a solid repeal to what this board (not all of you, but many of the trolls on here) has been saying about Cody Ford: namely that he's no good.

If Von Miller is complimenting Ford, then I'm beyond fine with Ford's performance. Sorry, Armchair haters, your negative opinions may not match reality... Also, I could be wrong, but Von Miller just MIGHT know more about football than you, and I highly doubt that he's a Bills homer...

#gobills #trollscaneatcrow #turnthepitchforksonthetrolls

a "solid repeal"  (lol, wtf?)

This is what Miller said (after made aware the Ford paid him a heavy compliment):

"he played well".

Well......that changes everything!!  Consider all other opinions.....REPEALED!

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

TSW does love its whipping boys.

Yup! 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

a "solid repeal"  (lol, wtf?)

This is what Miller said (after made aware the Ford paid him a heavy compliment):

"he played well".

Well......that changes everything!!  Consider all other opinions.....REPEALED!

@Mr. WEO You are 100% correct: Von Miller did not repeal what Cody Ford said or did; however, Miller DID repeal the claims of many on this board. Nuance, man... N-U-A-N-C-E.

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

sure he did lol

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

I quit, @Mr. WEO. I can't keep up with you, bud. Last laugh goes to Weo, for consistently taking logic out back, behind the woodshed, and showing it an alligator in a tu-tu, with an Australian accent, smoking a carburetor from the Hindenburg dirigible...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

I quit, @Mr. WEO. I can't keep up with you, bud. Last laugh goes to Weo, for consistently taking logic out back, behind the woodshed, and showing it an alligator in a tu-tu, with an Australian accent, smoking a carburetor from the Hindenburg dirigible...

You started a thread to tell everyone that all and ANY criticism of Ford all year can be simply discounted and dismissed by another player saying, for this game, "he played well".

....and then, somehow, you invoke "logic" to underline your claim.

OK

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Does it really matter if he did or didn't? How do you think Ford did vs. the Broncos? 

He played well.

• Haha (+1) 1