Bills @ Cowboys, Thanksgiving Day - 4:30

whatdrought

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm thinking if we kick their ass on Thursday, Jerry might very well let him go. Jerry is pretty pissed and made it clear he thought the coaching was the biggest issue. That last FG by Dallas was ridiculous. They would still need a TD to win it. They should have planned to go for it on 4th down. If they had, the previous plays would/should have been different. Jerry is still pissed about the Jets loss too and I get the feeling he thinks we are inferior to them too. It'll be interesting if we beat them and Garrett makes another boneheaded decision or two.

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm thinking if we kick their ass on Thursday, Jerry might very well let him go. Jerry is pretty pissed and made it clear he thought the coaching was the biggest issue. That last FG by Dallas was ridiculous. They would still need a TD to win it. They should have planned to go for it on 4th down. If they had, the previous plays would/should have been different. Jerry is still pissed about the Jets loss too and I get the feeling he thinks we are inferior to them too. It'll be interesting if we beat them and Garrett makes another boneheaded decision or two.

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The Bills defeat Cowboys. McDermott will technically devise a plan to confuse Cowboys. Again, more hype that will be grounded by the Bills.

The Cowboys are a talented team. Solid defense (top 10 in my opinion), one of the best offensive lines in the league, one of the best running backs in the league, a WR1 in Cooper, a capable although somewhat limited QB in Dak, and decent complementary receiving pieces. 

But their special teams have been mediocre and if Cooper disappears their offense can be limited. Their defense also while good is not elite. However overall this is a good test for the Bills on the road off the short week. 

In my opinion I think it will be a close game that will mostly come down to turnovers and a few big plays down the stretch. I also think a big special teams play a factor and one of those key big plays could be a ST play. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Cowboys are a talented team. Solid defense (top 10 in my opinion), one of the best offensive lines in the league, one of the best running backs in the league, a WR1 in Cooper, a capable although somewhat limited QB in Dak, and decent complementary receiving pieces. 

But their special teams have been mediocre and if Cooper disappears their offense can be limited. Their defense also while good is not elite. However overall this is a good test for the Bills on the road off the short week. 

In my opinion I think it will be a close game that will mostly come down to turnovers and a few big plays down the stretch. I also think a big special teams play a factor and one of those key big plays could be a ST play. 

Bills go in quietly and slowly take them apart. I have taken a closer look at this Bills defense. Cowboys are in for a big surprise. Bills 21-16

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Bills go in quietly and slowly take them apart. I have taken a closer look at this Bills defense. Cowboys are in for a big surprise. Bills 21-16

I love the sky is falling posts stating Dallas is gonna score a boatload of points on this defense.

Good luck with that prognostication

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

21-16 isn't taking them apart haha. But I do think that another edge the Bills possibly have is coaching. The Bills are a well coached team, and while I don't consider Garrett a bad coach he isn't a very good one either. McD I think is a very good coach. The Bills don't make many mental mistakes and they play prepared with mostly good gameplans. 

I think both teams are similarly talented and in these types of games that are tight it is going to come down to turnovers and big plays. Bad coaching can result in the mistakes that give up turnovers and big plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Jets now have 2 signature wins this year...Cowboys and Raiders- both, playoff contenders....

So would you rather be 4-7 with 2 "signature wins", or 8-3 without?

J E T S jets jets jets could well win 3-4 more games  this season.  They have the Bengals and Dolphins on tap.

The Good News for them, is that they seem to have a QB who can win a game on his arm when the rush game is AWOL or partially shut down.

Can anyone who watched the Oakland game tell me about how the Jets shut them down?

22 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I love the sky is falling posts stating Dallas is gonna score a boatload of points on this defense.

Good luck with that prognostication

I don"t buy it Joe. I love this Bills team because they simply just go about their business. I doubt that they care less about the Cowboys. The Cowboys are another inflated team that has not faced a team like  the Bills. The Bills are tight and play team football....I look for a lot of confusion and frustration from the Cowboys. Bills win. 

13 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

21-16 isn't taking them apart haha. But I do think that another edge the Bills possibly have is coaching. The Bills are a well coached team, and while I don't consider Garrett a bad coach he isn't a very good one either. McD I think is a very good coach. The Bills don't make many mental mistakes and they play prepared with mostly good gameplans. 

I think both teams are similarly talented and in these types of games that are tight it is going to come down to turnovers and big plays. Bad coaching can result in the mistakes that give up turnovers and big plays. 

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So would you rather be 4-7 with 2 "signature wins", or 8-3 without?

J E T S jets jets jets could well win 3-4 more games  this season.  They have the Bengals and Dolphins on tap.

The Good News for them, is that they seem to have a QB who can win a game on his arm when the rush game is AWOL or partially shut down.

Can anyone who watched the Oakland game tell me about how the Jets shut them down?

The Bills are better disciplined and tougher than the Cowboys in a way that works. The Bills are silent and methodical. I am very impressed with this Bills team. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

FB_IMG_1574729873059.jpg

Interesting tasting notes on that one: “It’s a hi-octane 8.0% triple IPA with biker meth, scotch, and some ludes to round it out. Great mouthfeel, but just on one side, on account of the stroke.”

• Haha (+1) 5

59 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Problem with the Cowboys is that they represent a team only. The Bills are a team and they have proven it with resilience and being selfless.

So will the Bills be victimized by Refs make up calls?  You know the refs will be on high alert after the national boning Dallas received yesterday.  I feel like they will make a couple horrendous calls on Buffalo to wipe out big plays.  And i am OK with penalties called that are legit. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just a couple of thoughts...

On D--

I doubt there are many people that know the intricacies of the Cowboys O playbook and the tendencies of the Cowboys playmakers (Dak, Elliott, etc) like Cole Beasley....this might be an interesting asset for the Bills D on a short week.

I think Kevin Johnson gets more snaps this week than Levi because of Gallup's physical nature....

I think Taron Johnson is molding into a really good slot corner -- Randall Cobb will be a test

On O--

A time of possession difference like the Bronco's game would be awesome...almost 10 minutes

The middle will be there because the Cowboys will focus Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee (if no Leighton Vander Esch) on the run and watching Josh-- if Dawson Knox, Tyler Kroft and Cole Beasley find space they could all have big days....

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1