Grey Cup This Weekend!

22 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I would rather gnaw on razor blades than watch CFL junk 

I'd enjoy watching you gnaw on razor blades.  Make sure you post video!

One of the online weekly comics is based in Hamilton, Ontario and a vote gives you this bonus cartoon below.

Comic is "Puck" and it is hilarious sometimes and has some long setups however.

http://www.puckcomics.com/

62218_incentive-nov2019a%20good.png

Oh and at work so cannot watch Grey Cup.

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I'd enjoy watching you gnaw on razor blades.  Make sure you post video!

One of the online weekly comics is based in Hamilton, Ontario and a vote gives you this bonus cartoon below.

Comic is "Puck" and it is hilarious sometimes and has some long setups however.

http://www.puckcomics.com/

62218_incentive-nov2019a%20good.png

Oh and at work so cannot watch Grey Cup.

I think most of our community would enjoy that! 

22 hours ago, row_33 said:

every year in July or whenever I try to be patriotic and give it a whirl before NCAA and NFL begins, but I can't get through a second game.

I was at an Argos game one night and for the first 2 series by the visitor:

1) on 3rd down (NFL 4th) from their 2 they chose to surrender a safety instead of punt;

2) and then the Argos chose to take the ball at their 35 instead of a punt or kick

so it was a gimme 4-0 deficit, anathema to the Americans sitting next to me who asked just what was going on...

i shrugged like Sal at 31 seconds....

It is very bizarre to me- I can’t get past 3 downs and the fact receivers can run forward before the ball is snapped. The talent up there isn’t so great area and it just bores me.

23 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

So on a related issue, Can CFL players be signed as FA after the Grey Cup Game is over and still be eligible to play in the NFL immediately? Are there any players out there that the Bills should be taking a look at?

Angelo "King Kong" Mosca.

23 hours ago, HomeTeam said:

I also plan on watching the Grey Cup this Sunday. The game starts at 6pm Eastern Time, so no interference with the bills game, even though that Sunday night game between the packets and 49ers looks like it's going to be a doozy.

But you'll miss the Sabres at 5pm and UB basketball at 3:30pm.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/22/2019 at 12:34 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Whats the betting line?

As of this morning, Ti-Cats by 4.5

Ti-Cats are the Favorites, they beat Winnipeg both times they plaid this year but Winnipeg has looked much better with their current QB

One of the woman at my daughters Daycare has a son who plays for Hamilton, a few years ago he was an Argo when they won it and brought the Grey Cup in to show the Kids

I am going for Hamilton but I have a weird feeling Winnipeg wins on a surprise upset. Its the battle of the 2 teams with longest championship droughts in the league (Hamilton last won it in 1999)

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm, wonder how Boom will address on Primetime tonight if not starting to 6pm. He always does Grey Cup highlights. Did they used to play it earlier in the day? 

Its usually later in the afternoon, this year its in Calgary so its west coast time

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But you'll miss the Sabres at 5pm and UB basketball at 3:30pm.

Have you seen the Sabres lately? Your not missing much......

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/22/2019 at 6:15 PM, LabattBlue said:

You know what I like about the CFL?

The way they can run around like mad men prior to the snap.  LOL

all skill players may be in motion is a good gimmick, many are offside if you get picky 

imagine letter the WRs start a play at full speed off the line in the NFL, with a 20 yard end zone as well, used to be 25

CBC Hamilton website has a couple of concise stories regarding the outcome.  One of the points in one article states ‘defence wins championships’, proving once again what many here at TSW have noted:  Canadian English varies from American English.

I believe the key to the game was probably that some Hamilton players couldn’t get a shift change, and had to work the Sunday shift at the Home Depot.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

CBC Hamilton website has a couple of concise stories regarding the outcome.  One of the points in one article states ‘defence wins championships’, proving once again what many here at TSW have noted:  Canadian English varies from American English.

I believe the key to the game was probably that some Hamilton players couldn’t get a shift change, and had to work the Sunday shift at the Home Depot.  ?

I think that should say Rona (aren't they a sponsor for the league too?)

It does sound like The Bombers made a good move getting their QB this year that helped turn things around when it counted.

1 hour ago, RevWarRifleman said:

A beatdown by the Bombers. They just out-muscled Hamilton and by midway through the 3rd quarter, the TiCats were spent. They were bouncing off the Bomber

running backs because they had no more juice left. I was for Hamilton in this one, but congrats to the Bombers.

I was going for Hamilton too, but had this strange feeling the Bombers were going to get the upset. Picked the Bombers against the spread with all the late games yesterday and tonight MNF game. Baltimore by 5+ and I can win $175

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

the school bus transport had a flat tire on the way to the stadium

• Haha (+1) 1

https://globalnews.ca/news/6214944/winnipeg-mayor-calgary-thanks-storm-grey-cup/

Interesting to see that Winnipeg suffered something very similar to the October Storm here many years ago that destroyed an estimated 10% of the 300K trees in the area and knocked out power to 150K people as well... Winnipeg mayor thanked Calgary for their help.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Steve O said:

So, if my math is correct (and it always is,) Steve and Luke Tasker have lost a total of 7 national championship games

It’s all about perspective: how many CHAMPIONSHIPS have the Taskers been to?

Thats reality. Losses are painful but the journey is extraordinary and worth taking over and over and over........ 

EDIT: perspective is reality.  ? 

Edited by TroutDog

52 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

It’s all about perspective: how many CHAMPIONSHIPS have the Taskers been to?

Thats reality. Losses are painful but the journey is extraordinary and worth taking over and over and over........ 

EDIT: perspective is reality.  ? 

So of your on a team with a Tasker, there's a good chance your gonna play in the championship, but don't put your money on getting a win in the game.......

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So of your on a team with a Tasker, there's a good chance your gonna play in the championship, but don't put your money on getting a win in the game.......

You’re missing the point...and you’re entitled to do so. ? 

On 11/22/2019 at 11:47 AM, eball said:

Do NFL fans really watch the CFL?  Serious question; I just can't get into it.

I love watching the CFL. I get tired of all the billionaire stuff in the NFL world. 

I love it's simplicity. Two RCMP mounties carried the Grey Cup trophy through the stadium, so fans could touch it or see it up close.

The flyover was a single CF-18 fighter. Beautiful.

I always look forward to the new CFL season when June rolls around. Your mileage may vary.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:30 PM, Locomark said:

CFL loses me with giving a point away for kicking a punt out of the end zone. That’s just dumb. 

Some punts out of bounds (between the 20s, I think) result in a penalty. Just a bit confusing.

1 hour ago, Poleshifter said:

I love watching the CFL. I get tired of all the billionaire stuff in the NFL world. 

I love it's simplicity. Two RCMP mounties carried the Grey Cup trophy through the stadium, so fans could touch it or see it up close.

The flyover was a single CF-18 fighter. Beautiful.

I always look forward to the new CFL season when June rolls around. Your mileage may vary.

Some punts out of bounds (between the 20s, I think) result in a penalty. Just a bit confusing.

That might be because thats all we can afford, free health care isn't cheap

Fun fact Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) actual father and brother are RCMP officers and originally he was going to follow and become one too.

8 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

That might be because thats all we can afford, free health care isn't cheap

Now you know darn well the flyover was funded by ‘Grey Cup Flyover’ Fund boxes, placed in convenience stores across Canada.  Some years we get multiple jets, some years we get a De Havilland Otter.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Now you know darn well the flyover was funded by ‘Grey Cup Flyover’ Fund boxes, placed in convenience stores across Canada.  Some years we get multiple jets, some years we get a De Havilland Otter.

It's too bad Don's not around the CBC anymore to shame 'Those People' for not giving more in those donation boxes.......