The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, Trump committed a crime, using Tax payer funds to leverage political favors. He is trying to cheat on the next election 

That's just so stupid 

What was the favor and what was the leverage?

There is no investigation and Ukraine got the money.

52 minutes ago, snafu said:

I saw this after I posted...

I don't know what anyone else's thoughts are on the matter, but I would think that all Congressmembers should be embarrassed by this "investigation", and that standing up against it shows more backbone than anything else.  If it turns out that something rises to the (high) level of being impeachable after permitting all testimony they can get their hands on, then you might have a valid question about "backbone".

My Congressional district went blue in '18 to Lauren Underwood a young freshman.  I'll give her credit for not jumping in with "the squad" but she's pretty much been in lockstep with Nancy since taking office.  She's not old enough or with enough experience so she falls in line because, well, she's learning the ropes.  There are dozens like her.  Our country really only needs 5 people to make a difference in Washington performance.  Those being a Prez and the majority and minority leaders in the House and Senate.  The rest would mostly fall in line. We have a Prez that loves to do deals and the Democrats would have a good chance of getting some of "their" things done with Trump but they instead have chosen R&R (resist and remove).  Nancy is going to take being a complete asshat to the grave or damn close instead. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

My Congressional district went blue in '18 to Lauren Underwood a young freshman.  I'll give her credit for not jumping in with "the squad" but she's pretty much been in lockstep with Nancy since taking office.  She's not old enough or with enough experience so she falls in line because, well, she's learning the ropes.  There are dozens like her.  Our country really only needs 5 people to make a difference in Washington performance.  Those being a Prez and the majority and minority leaders in the House and Senate.  The rest would mostly fall in line. We have a Prez that loves to do deals and the Democrats would have a good chance of getting some of "their" things done with Trump but they instead have chosen R&R (resist and remove).  Nancy is going to take being a complete asshat to the grave or damn close instead. 

Pelosi is like most politicians, she really doesnt give a damn what is good for the country, being in power is all that matters and getting rid of Trump is her #1 priority.

Lets take just one example,  the Democrats are now the party of war and engagement, they wanted Trump to attack Turkey, they were outraged when he took troops out of Syria, they are outraged he is trying to make peace ion North Korea.  There are trillions of dollars in the war economy and a lot of politicians have made a lot of money with military industrial complex?  How long are we going to keep troops in South Korea?  How long are we going to continue overpaying for NATO? 

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Gary M said:

What was the favor and what was the leverage?

There is no investigation and Ukraine got the money.

The favor was a public announcement, the leverage was the military aid. 

Yes, because the whistleblower blew up the deal, of course. 

So, you do understand that the aid was only delivered until after the WB exposed the bribery? 

You understand that? I answered you questions, can you answer that one? 

39 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Pelosi is like most politicians, she really doesnt give a damn what is good for the country, being in power is all that matters and getting rid of Trump is her #1 priority.

Lets take just one example,  the Democrats are now the power of war and engagement, they wanted Trump to attack Turkey, they were outraged when he took troops out of Syria, they are outraged he is trying to make peace ion North Korea.  There are trillions of dollars in the war economy and a lot of politicians have made a lot of money with military industrial complex?  How long are we going to keep troops in South Korea?  How much are we going to continue overpaying for NATO? 

This is all so stupid 

5 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Good Post.  I disagree on several fronts but, well stated.  I am an Independent but have been of the opinion that this impeachment process should move forward.  Most certainly, it is a political process that only loosely resembles assembling charges or putting on a criminal trial.  Those that are unaware may be honestly upset but those knowledgeable of the process should stop throwing out this chaff.

There's zero evidence of a crime, whether it is a high crime or a misdemeanor.  That makes this strictly political.  Saying this is political is not a "chaff" statement.  When Schiff analogized the "investigation" to a Grand Jury, he brought a criminal element into the process.  Partisans have been banging the "attempted extortion" and "attempted bribery" drum.  So expecting things to go like a criminal proceeding isn't a "chaff" statement, either.  The fact that the two most recent Impeachments were run in a totally different, bipartisan way is also a disheartening contrast to what's going on now.

Chaff is a reference to the aircraft defense tactic of trying to thwart missile attacks by discharging 'decoys' to distract the attack.  The chaff is this instance is the whining about the process unfairness by those that actually know the sequence of process steps.  You may not so I won't assume, but most do know that this is impeachment is a bit different.  This time, unlike with Nixon or Clinton, there has been no special prosecutor that has assembled the case.  The House Intel committee is doing that now.

Claiming it is one-sided is true but there are 2 main reasons for that.  I am sure that you are aware that this is not really yet the trial phase.  That will happen in the Senate.  In this phase, Democratic 'prosecutors' are making their case to bring charges to the representatives in the House.  The House will likely eventually vote to (or not to) send the charges to the Senate for the trial phase.  I believe that the defense will then be able to call whoever they wish, especially since the Republicans control the Senate.

When you've got "investigators" knocking on your door looking at what you've done, wouldn't you want them to talk to anyone and everyone involved in the matter?  Maybe they figure out that what they suspect you of doing isn't worthy of pursuing.  That's not what's happening here.  This is a one-sided kabuki show meant to influence 2020 voters.  Nothing more.  Like I said in my prior post, this is meant to carry on as long as possible in order to run as deep as possible into the election cycle.  Republicans on the Committee have requested several witnesses to be called.  Schiff shot down every one of them.  These are supposed to be people investigating the matter -- NOT building a case.  Otherwise, Pelosi and Schiff should stop lying about the process and stop calling it an "investigation".

They are investigating and deciding whether or not to bring charges.  I am unsure why that is considered an invalid step in the process.

I may be just a skeptic but I suspect you know that both the Dems and the Repubs engage in political theater.  The Repubs called the whistleblower and Hunter Biden.  If given the opportunity Jordan would attempt to derail the Trump investigation.  If it gets to the Senate, Repubs will control the witnesses.  Do you think that the process may be political then?

The other reason we don't have the Republican side of the story is that the President's defenders have defied subpeonas to testify to the House committees.  There were no transcripts released from the president's soldiers because they are afraid to go under oath and testify, just like their leader.   It seems to me that they are afraid of perjury.  Would you want to get folks under oath speaking on your behalf if you were guilty?  How about if you were innocent?  Those answers should be telling to an unbiased observer.

There are many reasons why someone would not come forward, but refusals are mainly based upon privilege.  You can read whatever you want into a refusal to testify, but the focus is foreign policy.  That's not coffee talk.  Also, and more important, the phone transcript speaks for itself.  It has been out in the public for nearly two months.  In fact, I think the White House released another transcript related to a prior phone call.  Do you know what might help us understand things a bit more clearly:  the Whistleblower.  Who did he get his information from about the call?  He never heard it.  Someone thought it was a funky situation and reported his or her concerns to THAT guy?  Why him?  There were 14 or so people on the call.  How many thought it was a big deal?  Too bad we won't get to hear from the Whistleblower, huh?  Funny how it is only Schiff who controls whether he testifies or not.

If the whistle blower could answer Repub questions that are not designed to unmask him to the public, that sounds perfectly reasonable.  But, if the intent is public outing in order to punish and deter other whistle blowers, then I would be against that.  It appears to me that some wish to out the person and wish in addition to coax the unstable to attack this person for coming forward.

Too many people in Congress have concluded that Trump did something wrong, even though there's an "investigation" going on.  The "investigation" is more designed to be confirmation of partisan conclusions.  I think Congress should just issue Articles already and get to the vote.

The transcripts were released.  Lots of info yet to come but it is reasonable that folks have formed preliminary opinions.  On the other hand, if they, like Lindsey Graham, declare that their mind is closed, then I think they are being overly partisan and dishonest.

Presidents have historically overstepped their authority, that is true.  Differences here are that Trump's actions appear to be for personal political gain, as opposed to being in the interests of our country.  He also continues to see election interference by foreigners as acceptable.  He has repeatedly proved that point.  Foreign election interference taints the upcoming election.  That must be stopped cold. 

I disagree with your statement here, completely.  Stop clutching your pearls over this.  Is election interference wrong -- of course.  Has that stopped anyone before -- no.  Off the top of my head, I can think of four historical examples of calling on a foreign nation or individual to assist a Presidential candidate:  Nixon/Vietnam; Ted Kennedy/Soviets; Obama/Russians; Hillary/Steele-Russians.  Only if it turns out to be true,  the only difference  this time is #orangemanbad.

Well, let me ask, do you think in the instances mentioned, was it ethical and OK with you or was it improper?

Perhaps if the Congressional Republicans had a spine to stand up to this president, the whole impeachment process would be unnecessary.  As it is today, there appears to me to be a severe integrity shortage in the Republican party in Congress.

What "spine" do you want Congressional Republicans to assert?  Rolling over to this absolute sham would be spineless.  Standing up to it is commendable.

The point is that there does not appear to be anyone on the Repub side of the aisle that will risk their political future to stand up to Trump.  I hope some would if he does shoot someone on 5th Avenue but I am certain some Repubs would not.

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

They NEED her to cry! They need a Ford moment to gin up their base who already tuned out. 

Once again, pushing EMOTION over facts and reason. 

Sound familiar?

:lol: top notch marketing. The left can't compete with this. 

Which is why they're trying to cheat.

I'll see what I can do...

https://youtu.be/CL36kbuI6tE

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

What in the world is happening in this crazy hall of mirrors?

When my daughter was growing up I always told her that our system relies on TWO things. The first is that people swear to tell the truth in court. The second is the peaceful transfer of power. The Left has clearly given up on the latter.

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

They NEED her to cry! They need a Ford moment to gin up their base who already tuned out. 

Once again, pushing EMOTION over facts and reason. 

Sound familiar?

:lol: top notch marketing. The left can't compete with this. 

Which is why they're trying to cheat.

I'll see what I can do...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Could Schiff ask for anything more?

:unsure:

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

When my daughter was growing up I always told her that our system relies on TWO things. The first is that people swear to tell the truth in court. The second is the peaceful transfer of power. The Left has clearly given up on the latter.

Why, if the House is still following the broad rules of the impeachment process as laid out in the Constitution, is the impeachment illegitimate or not peaceful.  I realize it is political and partisan but that is the way it was designed.  They are following the process

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Bob again proving he’s ignorant of what’s actually happening while he breathlessly supports a partisan impeachment scam — which will only make the country more divided, more unstable, and sets a dangerous precedent for future holders of the office. 

But Bob doesn’t care about that! He’s been programmed to resist anything that runs counter to “ORANGE MAN BAD!” — even if that puts the future of the republic at risk. 

...is he the same "Bob" from Accountemps filling in for Nerlman?...just askin'.......temps aren't too reliable......

2 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

Hey deranged, Canadian interested in your American sh*t show. I am curious about what you mean re: the threat to your republic? 

A partisan impeachment push, without a proper foundation or a crime, is a dangerous precedent to set. It's a threat to the republic, and something the founders feared way back at the very start of this experiment. The dems have a long history of ignoring Murphy's Law/The Law of Unintended Consequences because they're prisoners of the moment rather than serious thinkers (think: Reid's filibuster move -- and how that played out). 

At some point, whether it's in a year, four years, or twelve years, a democrat will be sitting behind the Resolute desk. What do you think will happen the MOMENT the GOP gets a majority in the House (which they will at some point)?

They'll launch an impeachment scam -- based on this precedent -- and there won't be a thing the left can argue to deter this move. Because they established the precedent. Not because there was a crime committed, or because Trump is guilty -- but because they know they cannot beat him fairly at the ballot box.

Play that out and you're looking at impeachment moving from a drastic measure rarely used to a common political tool. 

Once that happens, it's lights out for the republic. 

And @Bob in Mich pushes for this, daily, because he's a low information person who does not understand history, or the present, and certainly not what's happening in this saga. He's a programmed NPC, nothing more, and on orders from others he's advocating for the dissolution of the republic unknowingly.... because he's an asshat and useful idiot. 

For example, he's still waiting to see what happens with Trump/Russia -- despite not one, not two, but THREE probes proving that the entire Russia narrative was a hoax committed by our own Intelligence Community, backed by the Obama White House, and with an assist from the establishment media. They all lied to Bob and the country for three straight years -- and the lie blew up very publicly in their faces... 

Does Bob or others hold them accountable? Nope. They RACE to believe the very next story they push despite this Ukraine story being the exact same frame-up job we saw play out with Fusion GPS and the beltway. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yeah, basically...

Something Bob and others cannot argue -- but they do anyway because they're morons. 

The single biggest takeaway from Mueller's probe is that Trump was put under a microscope by MULTIPLE intelligence agencies using every tool available (including the most powerful and invasive surveillance methods known to man) to find ANY crime. Not just Russia stuff, but ANY crime... and after three years of these investigations, including a full year under FISA surveillance what did they find? 

Trump's clean. 

What would happen if Pelosi was put under that same microscope? Think her $220m in net worth -- all earned while working a job in public service that pays 150-250k a year -- would come back as clean? I sure don't. What about Schiff? Schumer? Obama? Clinton? Ryan? Bush? 

This is a proven fact now that the TDS addled minds here cannot begin to admit to -- because once they do, they have to confront the reality that the media has been gaslighting them for three straight years about Trump's "crimes". 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The favor was a public announcement, the leverage was the military aid. 

Yes, because the whistleblower blew up the deal, of course. 

So, you do understand that the aid was only delivered until after the WB exposed the bribery? 

You understand that? I answered you questions, can you answer that one? 

This is all so stupid 

I thought Trump asked for an investigation not an announcement?

Ukraine never knew the money was being held, and the whistleblower should not have know either.

So someone leaked classified info to the WB?

4 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Notice how none of the lefty trolls polluting these threads will ever say in plain words what dastardly deeds Trump has done that need to be stopped? It's all dishonest euphemisms and platitudes to obscure the obvious.

Their accusation in its entirety is that President Trump squeezed the Pres of Ukraine to tell him what he knew about the Bidens' corruption. What makes it "corrupt" is that if Biden was corrupt and it was exposed, it would hurt his bid for the Presidency.

That is the deep corruption that our pious boy scouts cannot abide.

That's it. No allegations of fabrication, conspiracy, or anything to give the Ukrainian government influence in our electoral process, or in any way compromise the position of the U.S.

But because the information comes from another country it's described as "allowing foreign countries to interfere in our elections." It's such blatant bullsht. I'd be embarrassed to say anything so blatantly dishonest, but then some people have no shame.

you can't really fault the people on the short bus. their minds are so weak that they rely on others (read: main stream propagandists) to tell them what to believe and what to think. that they grew up lacking critical thinking skills is plainly evident because it doesn't take much to understand that simple logic should dictate, to even a caveman that one plus one equals two. not three, four, seven or twenty-two, but just two.

another factor to consider is that they are so invested in what they have been sold, that to find out or have to admit that they have been gamed would shatter the precious little world they reside in. we call them muckers because they just plod through the mire not wanting to actually have to do anything to survive. ***** up the works of what was the most successful engine in the world.

strange energies from space are the only logical explanation for the madness we are experiencing.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Some random thoughts:

Sondland took a phone call from Trump and walked away from the group he was with. A staff member, now a 2nd staff member say they heard what Trump was saying on the other end of the line. Unless Sondland put Trump on speaker phone I find this to be ridiculous.

These hearings should be named the "I heard it through the Grapevine Hearings".

Schiff should be impeached for lying about knowledge of the whistleblower. He's on record saying that he had no contact and didn't know who he was. He's also on record saying he knew who he was and would call him to testify.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There it is - Nancy's out. 

She's going to let Schiff hang himself and then when this is pushed into Nadler's committee they will claim either that Trump provided exculpatory evidence or that there isn't enough evidence to proceed.

She opened the door for this thing to get shut down, but still try to get milage from the lunatic fringe.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Anyone buy this? Anyone? 

Didn't think so.

...whoa!....Democrats and patriotism in the SAME sentence?.....r u kidding?......wrong "P" word....."progressive", a/k/a the anti-USA bullies imperialism fits much better...the old bat is better off peddling ...never mind......SMH......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2