Sign in to follow this  
Thunderstruck

One important question I have on the last drive

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Always throw INTO the blitz.  It was coming hard from the left.  I think Allen made up his mind he was going where it was 1 on 1 with Brown for a big play.  I don't mind that.....in any other situation.  And it isn't a wrong decision.

But the safe play was throw it to the blitz and hit---I think that's Knox---out of that bunch look.  

He chose a low percentage play.  Should have took the 7 yard hitch.  

No.  Here's a screen cap.  Count the bodies.  It's an overload blitz to the R.  It's cover0, sight adjustment, Brown was the hot read.

image.thumb.png.55fdc208be9fe65b4b791dfabd135743.png

I know why you think that.  There was a charging defender free on the L side after the snap, but that wasn't a blitzer.  He just beat Dawkins like a drum.

Here.  But he's just one more body, you can see the overload breaking through on the R

image.thumb.png.2bc57dd5e8f55c433d7a6fdc3e2a6016.png

I see two other things with that play watching in slomo but I won't even go there

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No.  Here's a screen cap.  Count the bodies.  It's an overload blitz to the R.  It's cover0, sight adjustment, Brown was the hot read.

image.thumb.png.55fdc208be9fe65b4b791dfabd135743.png

I know why you think that.  There was a charging defender free on the L side after the snap, but that wasn't a blitzer.  He just beat Dawkins like a drum.

Here.  But he's just one more body, you can see the overload breaking through on the R

image.thumb.png.2bc57dd5e8f55c433d7a6fdc3e2a6016.png

I see two other things with that play watching in slomo but I won't even go there

The corner up top to the left is blitzing.  They have 2 safeties high.  The Mike bails to cover the hook curl (Beasley) and Brown is one on one.  Yes there is a blitz from the right but their D line has shifted down to the right a full gap to get that corner free.  

The pre snap read was correct I even think Singletary goes to the correct side.  Great design by the D bc there is no one able to block the corner to the left.  The LT can't get that.  

My read would have been into the bunch coverage and get 7 maybe more yards bc those safeties stay deep.  There is no one there.  It was the SAFE call but Josh went big.  Brown admitted he made a bad read on the throw.  It was back shoulder.  But too high risk for my liking in that situation that's why I liked going into the blitz to the left but.  It was the higher percentage throw and play.  

Edited by Big Blitz