Sign in to follow this  
jwhit34

Tre White Most Important Player vs. Browns

My thought here is if they have Tre cover Beckham the entire game and he can neutralize him one-on-one, then:

1. They can provide safety help to Levi Wallace on Landry

2. They can commit more defenders to stopping the run

A second key is Milano and Edmunds' ability in pass coverage on Chubb and Hunt. Njoku out helps because the TE isn't much of a threat. 

I'd go with QB being the most important, hope for a very good display out of Josh.

• Like (+1) 4

I hope Mayfield with this "force feeding" OBJ just throws a ton of picks. Bills know that OBJ is the guy they wanna get going for this game, so don't fart around with cushions and stuff like that. Contain him early and hope Mayfield keeps throwing it his way and it creates turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1

The Browns run D is worse than the Bills. They are ranked #30 so I expect Singletary and or Gore to have a big day rushing. Control the clock and keep their offense off the field will go along way to getting a W. White on D and Singletary, Gore on O are the most important players on both sides of the ball. Also if the Bills are running the ball down their throat then that will make Allen's job so much easier.

• Like (+1) 1

Tremaine Edmunds is going to be key, we cant afford another game where he disappears, in the wrong gap and can't separate from his blocks

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 4

It, as always,  is about individual battles, beat the guy in front of you the majority of the time, and you’ Likely win the game. No turnovers, no lapses in concentration, and execute correctly. We got this. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

My thought here is if they have Tre cover Beckham the entire game and he can neutralize him one-on-one, then:

A second key is Milano and Edmunds' ability in pass coverage on Chubb and Hunt. Njoku out helps because the TE isn't much of a threat. 

Landry plays slot so not Wallace's assignment.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

You better hope that OBJ has the case of the runs Sunday! 

He will...........he'll be running all over the field trying to get away from our D.

Shaq Lawson has 3 coverage sacks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jwhit34 said:

Beckham has seen very little action this year for the Browns.  It's a big part of their problems.

I'm not sure we need to worry about him as much as you might think.

Having said that, the "get the ball to Odell" cry has been getting louder and louder in Cleveland and I think they are going to try to get him more touches this Sunday.

Anyone else feel Kevin Johnson is playing better than Wallace?  He’s much more physical.

I'm not sure if Wallace will be on Landry - since he's in the slot - as opposed to Taron Johnson, so that matchup will probably dictate how the passing game will go

Let me list the names by first initial 

T

E

A

M

😎  🤣

Tre Poyer Hyde

Allen Singletary Gore

Bease Smoky aka John Brown  McKitrich. 

Hausch$

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

2 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

It will no doubt take a team effort (Gap Integrity on all three levels of defense) and limiting turnovers on offense to beat the Brownies - they are talented. But if one wants to nitpick - the LB duo of Milano and Edmunds shedding blocks and stopping Chubb / Hunt from those inside zone left runs early will be the key. Based on our game film from the last two games, I am quite sure there will be a lot of runs called against us on 1st and 2nd down early in the game. If we build an early lead and Mayfield has to throw - then the secondary will come into play and I have no doubt they will deliver.

2 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Wallace can handle Landry. Tre White at least being even with OBJ will be key. Stopping the run will probably determine the game though. 

35 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

I'm not sure if Wallace will be on Landry - since he's in the slot - as opposed to Taron Johnson, so that matchup will probably dictate how the passing game will go

I think Johnson will fair well against him 

do the Browns have a running game with more traction and efficiency than...

image.png.68c9e885937c1e313560c8091be5d260.png

Lot's of skill players named in this thread.

I think the game is won in the trenches.  Our O line has to get us a couple of hundred yards rushing.  Our D line has to hold the Browns to 150

Just now, Pokebball said:

Lot's of skill players named in this thread.

I think the game is won in the trenches.  Our O line has to get us a couple of hundred yards rushing.  Our D line has to hold the Browns to 150

if the oline ran for a couple of hundred they would have it called back for failure to check in before the play

• Like (+1) 1

Edmunds has to have a big day and shut down Chubb. Our run defense has sucked the last few weeks and Chubb is probably the best they've seen since Barkley.

If I'm fat Freddy Kitchens, I take the ball out of Mayfields hand and put it in Chubb and Hunts hands.

I think this game is won or lost in the trenches. I'm concerned about the Cleveland pass rush. I also think that Baker is nearly broken and we need to make an exceptional effort to get to him early and often. Their Oline is pretty bad, and I'm hoping ours steps up. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like these match-ups are important, but the team cannot continue to go into every game expecting to hold opponents to less than 20 points week in and week out.

At some point, the Bills offense needs to step up. Why not now? The Browns have given up 20 plus points in all but one game; 40 plus once, 30 plus twice. All of this over an 8 game stretch.

How's about the offense starts scoring?

Edited by LSHMEAB

19 hours ago, row_33 said:

I'd go with QB being the most important, hope for a very good display out of Josh.

I would go with whoever is blocking that monster the browns have on the dl