Amazing how the National Press Ignores the Bills

Shaw66

This phenomena of the national media ignoring the Bills has been going on since the AFL/NFL merger.

The only time the Bills were covered fairly was during the Superbowl runs when we were beating the snot out of everybody.

We start kicking A out of all comers.. like the Ravens and the Cowboys, then media coverage will pickup.

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

they did get to the playoffs two years ago

forgotten or dismissed already by fans?

Probably both! 

Every year a few lousy teams make it to the playoffs and get bounced in the first game.

Who really thinks much of them?

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I just took a look at the stats.   Bills are 6-2, as we all know.  Bills are 3rd best in yards per game defense, behind the Pats and 49ers, and 3rd best in points per game defense, behind the 49ers and Pats, and NO ONE is talking about the Bills.  

Small market team, no sex appeal, no big-name stars, nothing that makes the Bills interesting except that their defense is great and they're winning.   That's not enough to make them worth covering, I guess.   If they beat the Browns, they're a game behind the Pats in the division, and no one is interested  

SF has plenty of sex appeal! I'm still staying outside the city limits though. ?

I hear you though. Last night on SNF they mentioned the opposing QBs against the Pats this year have a combined for a total of 10 wins. Didn't bother mentioning Josh has 6 of them. God forbid.

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Our strength of victory is .180

Did we set it up that way? Are the Pats and Niners making apologies?

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Because we haven't done it yet. When your best win is against a TEN team that has since benched its QB its not going to impress many. All 5 other wins are teams that have won 5 games combined and 3 of those 5 were versus each other...

We're 6-2 and trending towards a playoff berth by only Week 9. When was the last time a Bills team can say that?

8 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Listening to the Dan Patrick Show this AM and he was bashing Josh Allen BIG TIME.  Said he is not a starting caliber NFL QB and that he is holding the Buffalo Offense back.  One of the other guys seemed to stick up for Josh and blamed Dabols play calling but Dan wasn't having it.  

The Patriots pass defense has a 48 passer rating.   Allen had a 24 rating against them.   Take away that game, against the best pass defense in the league, and Allen's passer rating is 92.  That is definitely starter caliber.  Unless Tom Brady (93) isn't starter quality.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bills are on their way to Cleveland with a 6-2 record.  Sunday evening they will most likely be 7-2 or 6-3.

No matter what the sportswriters say.

The Bills are going to be 10-2 or 9-3 on Thanksgiving in front of a national audience.  Beat the Cowboys and the sportswriters will still be saying the Bills only beat the Cowboys. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FUTURIST said:

The Bills are going to be 10-2 or 9-3 on Thanksgiving in front of a national audience.  Beat the Cowboys and the sportswriters will still be saying the Bills only beat the Cowboys. 

you mean you THINK or HOPE they are

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I just took a look at the stats.   Bills are 6-2, as we all know.  Bills are 3rd best in yards per game defense, behind the Pats and 49ers, and 3rd best in points per game defense, behind the 49ers and Pats, and NO ONE is talking about the Bills.  

Small market team, no sex appeal, no big-name stars, nothing that makes the Bills interesting except that their defense is great and they're winning.   That's not enough to make them worth covering, I guess.   If they beat the Browns, they're a game behind the Pats in the division, and no one is interested  

What publications/broadcasts are you getting your info from? What would you like to hear and how often do you need to hear it?

I thought it was something to do with small market team, but they talk alot about browns. I think our players and coaches give mundane press conferences don't do anything sexy and they all think we are not as good as our record says. They won't say it as they will look like fools right now, but once we lose couple games they be all out saying "I told you so". 

1 hour ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

You can bet your ass that if we lose to the Browns they’ll be all over it. 

if the 2-6 Browns beat the 6-2 Bills they should be all over it. It will help confirm what many believe after watching our last few games.

11 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

If we are 11-2 or 10-3 after beating the Cowboys, I highly doubt our season will be discounted. That's the type of win we would need.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

if the 2-6 Browns beat the 6-2 Bills they should be all over it. It will help confirm what many believe after watching our last few games.

If bills lose to a bad team or winning team they will look bad either way at this point. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So, who was New England's signature win? Buffalo? <_<

The six wins that put Lombardi trophy’s in their case.

Are you seriously saying the Bills should be on the same level as the Patriots when it comes to National respect?

I hate the ***** Patriots but please, get real.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

What publications/broadcasts are you getting your info from? What would you like to hear and how often do you need to hear it?

Fair questions.   I don't get any info from the national media.  I get it here, and follow links.  

And I don't really care about the coverage all that much.   What is most important is that it tells me not to believe what they tell us about the teams they DO talk about.   For example, I mentioned this earlier in the thread and no one has talked about it.   There have been stories in recent weeks (not after the Ravens game) about the Patriots having the best defense of all time.   People in the national media were actually saying that.   The Patriots have played the same teams the Bills have, the Bills defense has done as well against those teams as the Pats have, so logic would say that the Bills have one of the best defenses of all time, too.  No one believes that about the Bills (I don't either), but the national media was actually selling it about the Patriots.   

Simply put, the quality of the crap the national media give us about pro football is crappy.  Crappy crap.  It's just talk, and it has very little to do with reality.   They talk about Brady like he's God, and his passer rating 1s 18th in the league, one ahead of Gardiner Minshew.   There's simply no objectivity at all in the reporting, and yet people watch it and believe it.  

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Are you seriously saying the Bills should be on the same level as the Patriots when it comes to National respect?

Well they should be on the same level so far as the caliber of their defense.   The Bills and Pats have played the same teams and put up the same defensive numbers; Belichick is praised as a genius and no one even mentions the Bills.   I can make the arguments against the Bills as well as you, but when the stats are so compelling, the Bills should at least be in the conversation among rational people.   The sports media want to be respected as journalists, but they're just a big hype machine.