Sign in to follow this  
CEN-CAL17

Cole Beasley not being utilized right.

14 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Daboll turned a guy who threw 16 TD’s at Wyoming into a serviceable NFL QB in two years.

Imagine what he could be with an OC who was actually good at designing an offense and calling plays!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Ummmm...no we don't. 

Singletary, Brown, Gore, Beasley, McKittrick, Knox, Kroft.  Last year we had LeShady.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Imagine what he could be with an OC who was actually good at designing an offense and calling plays!

Imagine if we had an offensive coordinator who got credit for the good and bad in equal measure!!!

17 hours ago, Chill said:

Some people just don’t understand tendencies and flow of an NFL game including 👆 

Dont mess with the Juju, we are winning. 

Look I get it. The teams we are winning against are complete dumpster fires. I also get why these fans want to see the issues we have fixed so that when we play against good teams like New England and Philly once we can get to the playoffs we can actually make some noise.

Would you like to get to the buffet and not have a plate?

Yeah me either.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Beasley on pace to have a career year in TD receptions and his second best season in yards and receptions. I think we're utilizing him and yes it be nice to see him get a few more catches I think the biggest issue is finding a 3rd guy as mentioned in yesterday's broadcast, maybe Singletary can be that guy.  

14 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Imagine if we had an offensive coordinator who got credit for the good and bad in equal measure!!!

So you’re satisfied with Daboll and believe he’s getting the most out of this offense?

17 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Can we run the Thurman Thomas flanker plays with Singletary in spots, they used to be money, or is the league too fast these days?

Thurman would eat this league alive if he played today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

So you’re satisfied with Daboll and believe he’s getting the most out of this offense?

I think he’s doing a pretty good job. Allen is throwing to mostly nobodies. He’s got the corpse of Frank Gore and a rookie RB. Isaiah McKenzie has become a nice litttle gadget player. 

Do I think he could improve a little? Sure. Do I think a new OC is getting Josh Drew Brees’ numbers, Gore and Singletary 1k yards each, and Isaiah McKenzie a cool thousand yards receiving? No.

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I really thought Dumbol Daboll would use him more like NE uses Edelman. Clearly I was wrong. 

I think Daboll is using him in that fashion, but Brady has thrown over 110 more pass attempts than Josh. Josh has a go to guy in Brown. Brown is on pace for 82 receptions and over 1200 yds. Cole's numbers just aren't going to be up there, but he is 2nd on the team and on pace for 70 receptions and 675 yds. Not bad for being the 2nd or 3rd option on a team that doesn't throw so much. You also have to keep in mind Cole is not Julian and Josh is definitely no Brady.  

Dumbol?! Really? :thumbdown:

I would like to see Beasley used in short yardage more. As we saw the Bills line isn’t there yet to line up and push people around for a yard against stout d lines.

32 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I actually do, although I sometimes question the playcalling (like insisting on pounding it up the middle on short yardage plays, but that may be more McDermott based on his comments yesterday). I think the overall talent is sub-average.  They have solid but not elite linemen, a below-average but improving QB who is mystifyingly poor this season on deep throws, a good-but-not-elite WR, a borderline-JAG-but-still-genuine-starter-material slot guy, no decent 3rd WR, rookie TEs, a grinder RB who is no threat in the passing game, and a promising rookie RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Not a single target yet.... but he’s been open.

Get him more targets!!!!

You couldn't have timed this post any better.

Missed Beasley wide open on the third down play at the end of the game. Hell of a time to throw a back shoulder throw late in the game when they really just needed a few more yards. 

• Like (+1) 1

On November 4, 2019 at 2:33 PM, BringBackOrton said:

I think he’s doing a pretty good job. Allen is throwing to mostly nobodies. He’s got the corpse of Frank Gore and a rookie RB. Isaiah McKenzie has become a nice litttle gadget player. 

Do I think he could improve a little? Sure. Do I think a new OC is getting Josh Drew Brees’ numbers, Gore and Singletary 1k yards each, and Isaiah McKenzie a cool thousand yards receiving? No.

Come on man!! I don't see him calling plays based on game situations 

5 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Missed Beasley wide open on the third down play at the end of the game. Hell of a time to throw a back shoulder throw late in the game when they really just needed a few more yards. 

One of like 15 plays where he was wide open and Josh didn't look his way. Beasley could've gone off for over 200 yards if he'd start looking his way more. They couldn't cover him yet he only got 6 targets. Ridiculous

• Like (+1) 1

Is it Dabolls fault that Allen doesn’t look at Beasley on third down

thats an honest to goodness question. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wvbillsfan said:

Is it Dabolls fault that Allen doesn’t look at Beasley on third down

thats an honest to goodness question. 

Does Daboll not determine the progression order?

Just now, StHustle said:

I would think he does. But wouldn’t a qb look at coverage and make an adjustment on how the progression would go?

again honest question no sarcasm implied 

38 minutes ago, StHustle said:

No. The system is predicated on what the defense is showing pre snap. Every receiver has multiple options. The qb and receiver have to see the same thing. If the receivet is open and the qb doesnt see him thats on the qb.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3rd and less than 6-7 yards, Beasley should NEVER be much further downfield than the 1st down marker, and the ball should be going to him a lot more in those situations, than it has through 9 games. 

He is definitely not be utilized correctly. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

On 3rd and less than 6-7 yards, Beasley should NEVER be much further downfield than the 1st down marker, and the ball should be going to him a lot more in those situations, than it has through 9 games. 

He is definitely not be utilized correctly. 

Exactly! And for some reason on 3rd and 4 we got Beasley running 50 yards down the field....