Cole Beasley not being utilized right.

CEN-CAL17

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

All week it’s all about how we didn’t run the ball enough. Now they don’t run enough, and it’s we didn’t pass enough. This fan base...

I’ve been saying it for about 4 weeks now. I’ve seen a lot of 3 and outs, 3 & 10.... if not longer. Point is, if Beasley gets a serious attempt to get him the ball the Bills may actually see more 2nd & 5, 3rd & 2.... etc.  Long story short, a lot of fans were getting anxious again today with this offense. My point is, Beasley can get open if used right, 2 targets is not good enough for what he has to offer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zonabb said:

This is my favorite homer stance. You can't be critical of the obvious inadequacies of the team because they beat a 1 and something dumpster fire. 

This team has beaten the Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, Bengals, Giants, and Titans, which are a combined 9-41. None has a winning record. They've looked bad in a number of them.

But yeah, if everyone hear drinking the Koolaid is OK with winning and "not changing what's working" I can't want until they get steamrolled in the playoffs... if they make it. Maybe then you'll be open to assessing this team's weaknesses? Probably not. 

Define favorite

1 minute ago, zonabb said:

This is my favorite homer stance. You can't be critical of the obvious inadequacies of the team because they beat a 1 and something dumpster fire. 

This team has beaten the Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, Bengals, Giants, and Titans, which are a combined 9-41. None has a winning record. They've looked bad in a number of them.

But yeah, if everyone hear drinking the Koolaid is OK with winning and "not changing what's working" I can't want until they get steamrolled in the playoffs... if they make it. Maybe then you'll be open to assessing this team's weaknesses? Probably not. 

Some people just don’t understand tendencies and flow of an NFL game including ? 

Dont mess with the Juju, we are winning. 

3 minutes ago, zonabb said:

Where’s the “inadequacy” in this discussion? Because a player you like isn’t getting enough touches? Why does it matter if Brown gets them instead, and we win?

and if you “can’t wait until they get steamrolled in the playoffs”, then why the hell are you a Bills fan? Or are you?

Edited by CLTbills

5 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Where’s the “inadequacy” in this discussion? Because a player you like isn’t getting enough touches? Why does it matter if Brown gets them instead, and we win?

and if you “can’t wait until they get steamrolled in the playoffs”, then why the hell are you a Bills fan? Or are you?

Funny thing is, going into the 4th Qtr the Bills were only up by 1 score to a crap team. Offense had stalled a bit, like 50 yds in the 3rd Qtr.

Winning is great. But when you have weapons that can better be utilized throughout a game it may help. Again this isn’t just about today. So far this season Cole has proved and shown the ability to get open but yet his targets are 2? Come on.

Im not comparing to anyone else, I see what I see and feel he can better be utilized to move the ball.

It would be different if I were making this argument and Beasley struggles to separate or get open, or drops the ball or was only getting 7 targets a game.... but that’s not the issue. 2 targets for someone who gets open, can catch and can keep this offense from 3rd and Long.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Jukester said:

Totally agree. JA has become tunnel vision to Brown. How about Beasley and TE’s

How about instead of running Gore at the goal line on the same play 4 times in a row, run a play action pass to a TE that slips a block?  By definition, that was insanity.

How about when you have 2nd and goal, you don’t get cute with a WR jet run that loses 10 yards?  That’s a play for the middle of the field when you don’t have all 11 defenders within a few yards.

Edited by ColeB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

When you only throw 16 times, 2 out of 16 isn't all that bad.

?

20 passes thrown today.  Beasley targeted on 2.  10% isn’t what he wants, I’m sure.

But Josh spread ‘em around to 7 targets.  Only McKensie, Singletary, and Brown got more.

IMO Beasley and Josh are not 100% on the same page.  Times when Beasley has been the hot read and he’s perhaps run the wrong route or failed to look early enough.

But they were connecting early on, so it is a bit strange that they’ve turned away from that connection.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ColeB said:

How about instead of running Gore at the goal line on the same play 4 times in a row, run a play action pass to a TE that slips a block?By definition, that was insanity.

How about when you have 2nd and goal, you don’t get cute with a WR jet run that loses 10 yards?  That’s a play for the middle of the field when you don’t have all 11 defenders within a few yards.

Absolutely.... teams watching film on the Bills will be caught off guard.  Cause it’s consistently the same for the most part. I’ve seen Daboll call a good game. But more often than not I’m asking for more.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

?

20 passes thrown today.  Beasley targeted on 2.  10% isn’t what he wants, I’m sure.

But Josh spread ‘em around to 7 targets.  Only McKensie, Singletary, and Brown got more.

IMO Beasley and Josh are not 100% on the same page.  Times when Beasley has been the hot read and he’s perhaps run the wrong route or failed to look early enough.

But they were connecting early on, so it is a bit strange that they’ve turned away from that connection.

Yeah thought he was 12 of 16, saw afterwards it was 14 of 20 attempts

15 hours ago, Chill said:

Don’t fix what’s not broken. We are winning. 

This does not apply to great teams... great teams are always making adjustments and tweaking plans for maximum success. The Bills aren't built on mediocrity and riding the wave.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ColeB said:

How about instead of running Gore at the goal line on the same play 4 times in a row, run a play action pass to a TE that slips a block?  By definition, that was insanity.

If you run the jet sweep there they should have tried it with Knox.... At least he can bowl over a safety and get back to the LOS. 

16 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Get the man more targets. He’s showed up in the red zone the past few weeks which is great.

The issue is his targets are limited. He has 2 targets today.  I understand the Bills were trying establish the run all day but his targets have drastically dropped. In the first 3-4 games he was averaging like 7 targets a game.

Cole is super tough to cover inside 5 yards. I’d like to see Daboll use more bunch sets, move Beasley in motion more, rub routes crossing route etc. I just feel Beasley is not being used right and could be more productive and help this offense if Daboll makes a serious effort to move him around and get him more targets. It would also benefit John Brown, keep get some quick passes to Beasley and suck up the Safeties. 

Just hate seeing someone who can get open quickly get limited to no targets.

He has been targeted 55 times this season and Brown has been targeted 60 times. No one else is even close. Last week, he was targeted 7 times. He is on pace for 110 targets, 70 catches, 674 yards, and 6 TDs. The most he was ever targeted before was 98 times. 

• Like (+1) 1

We need to establish the run.  Not doing that last week cost us the game against the Eagles.  Right now, you can't saddle up Josh and expect him to win.  We also didn't target Knox or Kroft very much yesterday.  We have lots of weapons, but for right now, Motor is #1, SmokeY is #2, everyone else needs to line up and wait their turn.