Josh Gordon released off IR

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

why?  So tell me why was AB. Bryant a RT that was in Prison a player with domestic issue last thief right type of guys?

Again, wanting it to happen as a fan is one thing. I’m not saying you wanting it is wrong or that it wouldn’t have helped the offense, but you know as well as I do it wasn’t going to happen.

They kicked the tires on AB because prior to the past calendar year, all that was ever known about the guy was that he was dominant, a bit high maintenance, and had a fall out with his QB when he called him out in the media. People raved about his work ethic and how no one would out work him. That version of AB would’ve been tolerated, and his work ethic was totally “process”. And then AB showed everyone what an ass he really is, and the Bills dodged a bullet. The version of himself he’s actually shown is totally anti “process”. That’s the distinction you need to make when trying to understand why they were interested in AB in the first place. 

Edited by TheProcess

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This guy has 1000 lives and has done little to deserve the majority of them. This is probably his last stop and will be cut in two weeks. 

I hope someone has been smart with his money, because I doubt he’s capable of it. 

41 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wow. Idiots really will find any reason to take a woe is us stance. 29 other teams didn’t want anything to do with this guy for free... what does that tell you? Come on people.

Why is someone an idiot if they thought the Bills should try to get him? Obviously the guy has talent. You can have an opinion about it and so can someone else. 

Personally I would have liked to see the Bills add someone at WR. They did not make a trade so I would not have minded Gordon. If I have a lot of options I may choose a different route, but as of now I do not see a Gordon level talent sitting on anyones practice squad. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 1

Passing on Gordon makes no sense to me. Very low risk/sunk cost (lower than Benjamin or Zay), high potential reward (higher than either one of those clowns). Hope this doesn't signal this administration's inability or unwillingness to try to work with talented players who require "special care". If so the talent pool may be limited. Good teams take chances on these types of players, and for a good reason, although in so doing they have different philosophies, approaches and methods: both Bill B and Pete Carrol do it, albeit in different ways. Honouring the process should not disguise a lack of self confidence or ability to manage personalities as volatile and diverse as you get on the typical NFL roster. Or maybe the McD culture is a lot more vulnerable than we have been led to believe. 

I'll watch with interest how Gordon makes out in Seattle. I think they just got better. 

17 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Again, wanting it to happen as a fan is one thing. I’m not saying you wanting it is wrong or that it wouldn’t have helped the offense, but you know as well as I do it wasn’t going to happen.

They kicked the tires on AB because prior to the past calendar year, all that was ever known about the guy was that he was dominant, a bit high maintenance, and had a fall out with his QB when he called him out in the media. People raved about his work ethic and how no one would out work him. That version of AB would’ve been tolerated, and his work ethic was totally “process”. And then AB showed everyone what an ass he really is, and the Bills dodged a bullet. The version of himself he’s actually shown is totally anti “process”. That’s the distinction you need to make when trying to understand why they were interested in AB in the first place. 

the Rest of the players I listed. Not to mention McCoy and his yearly of field issue

Pass Rusher Dakota Watson was the one waived to make room. 

Not going to read through this thread--enjoying a nice glass (or 3) of red on a Friday night before an early bedtime so I can do some leaf blowing and wood splitting tomorrow with my boy--but I'm dying to know:

How many posters tonight are spiking their blood pressure because "my name recognition of this player outweighs Buffalo's scouting department and the Super Bowl champion's decision makers...we're doomed!"

Judging by the fact this is page 13, I'm guessing more than a handful?

• Thank you (+1) 1