Put Bills trade talks today here.

Chandler#81

Just now, FUTURIST said:

If super cute = 100% correct, then yes, it is super cute.

I think he called you a dbag in a way that won’t flag him for moderator discipline....just my interpretation...could be wrong.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

The Bills are clearly not trying to win a Super Bowl this year.  They proved they are a paper tiger this past Sunday.  Watch the game again.  The Bills will NEVER beat a top tier team with this offense and defense. They probably could get AJ Green or Bell and still get knocked out in the 1st round.  Perhaps it is best to just stay put and wait for next year and keep building through the draft.

You can't beat good teams with  mediocre offensive and defensive lines.

Some of these takes are just crazy.  We most likely would’ve beaten the Patriots with these lines if not for a blocked punt for a TD and our QB getting speared in the helmet.

yes, you can beat good teams with mediocre offensive and defensive lines.  

yes, upgrading our OL and DL is still this teams biggest priority imo.  

I’ve always hated the Star signing but realized it was more of a culture/we had money to burn and he filled a need signing.  Losing Harry was huge.  Peko and Star both need to be replaced.  Ed and Phillips are fine.

7 minutes ago, skibum said:

It is stupid. If you're not tanking, then you should do what you can to build the best team possible. Especially if there's an opportunity to trade for a good player who can still be on the roster next year and beyond. 

I agree that if a trade were to come available that is a positive, long-term deal, that should be explored. That being said, if this is a trade for a guy like Green who is a one-year rental, then it doesn’t really make sense. This team is not built to be short term. Players like Oliver, Edmunds and Allen were drafted to be long term pieces. With the depth at wide receiver and defensive tackle in the 2020 draft being as good as it is, trading a high draft pick for a short term piece is ridiculous.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

4 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

No kidding, but they aren't a team like the Patriots, Packers, 49ers, or Saints who can make a single move to make themselves an Super Bowl winner.  The Bills need a HECK of a lot more than 1 player to even compete with these teams.

Did you watch the Bills/Pats game earlier this year?  Seems to me the Bills not only competed, but made Brady look like Josh Rosen all day long.

Green Bay lost to Philly.  Is Green Bay out of it, too?

Cowboys lost to the Jets.  Dallas must not be trying to win the Super Bowl, either.

I see a Bills team that, halfway through the season, has the 2nd best record in the AFC.  Clearly, they're not trying to do anything this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

At around the halfway point if this 2019 season, it’s pretty safe to say a reasonable snapshot of the team has emerged. The defense is at least top half of the league in today’s NFL. It could use an additional piece or two to bring it up to a higher level. The offense as currently constructed is sub par. The OL still has issues , particularly at OT and WR, TE. The RBs are passable, but the team has few matchup winners in the lineup. The struggles of the QB are well documented, but a personnel change there isn’t on the table at the moment. That isn’t an overreaction to one game, but rather a look at what the data tells us so far. A trade could help, and doesn’t mean mortgaging the future. 

Smartest post here.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Some of these takes are just crazy.  We most likely would’ve beaten the Patriots with these lines if not for a blocked punt for a TD and our QB getting speared in the helmet.

yes, you can beat good teams with mediocre offensive and defensive lines.  

yes, upgrading our OL and DL is still this teams biggest priority imo.  

I’ve always hated the Star signing but realized it was more of a culture/we had money to burn and he filled a need signing.  Losing Harry was huge.  Peko and Star both need to be replaced.  Ed and Phillips are fine.

We have a young quarterback who has an absolute cannon. We drafted him at #7. He has a group of receivers that are mediocre at best. 

I'm sorry, I can't wrap myself around how improving the receiving corps is not our top need. For years and years I have been on this board screaming and begging for blockers. Not any longer whereas talented receivers is a dire, make or break need for this team.

Jmo.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Did you watch the Bills/Pats game earlier this year?  Seems to me the Bills not only competed, but made Brady look like Josh Rosen all day long.

Green Bay lost to Philly.  Is Green Bay out of it, too?

Cowboys lost to the Jets.  Dallas must not be trying to win the Super Bowl, either.

I see a Bills team that, halfway through the season, has the 2nd best record in the AFC.  Clearly, they're not trying to do anything this year.

They have played two good teams and could not score against either of them. And that was at HOME.  The Bills offense is NOT GOOD.

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

When 4pm rolls around and nothing the tears will be flowing 

What could they possibly do?  There is no player out there worth trading for.  I was all for AJ Green, but now that I look around the league it is obvious AJ Green is not going to deliver a Super Bowl to Buffalo.  It is not happening. Their offensive and defensive lines are just not good.

Edited by FUTURIST

Just now, FUTURIST said:

They have played two good teams and could not score against either of them. And that was at HOME.  The Bills offense is NOT GOOD.

The Bills' Offensive Coordinator was NOT GOOD in the last two games.

The defense has sucked in the last two games.

Again ... they're a 5-2 team.  What the ***** more do you want?  It's better than most teams in the NFL, yet somehow, still "subpar."

NOBODY is scoring against the Patriots.  The Philly game was a bad game.  Nearly every team has them.  Get a goddamn grip.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Gugny said:

Again ... they're a 5-2 team.  What the ***** more do you want?  It's better than most teams in the NFL, yet somehow, still "subpar."

NOBODY is scoring against the Patriots.  The Philly game was a bad game.  Nearly every team has them.  Get a goddamn grip.

Where's Tom when we need him... 

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

We have a young quarterback who has an absolute cannon. We drafted him at #7. He has a group of receivers that are mediocre at best. 

I'm sorry, I can't wrap myself around how improving the receiving corps is not our top need. For years and years I have been on this board screaming and begging for blockers. Not any longer whereas talented receivers is a dire, make or break need for this team.

Jmo.

Yep

The OL is actually doing just fine.

The offense is severely limited by a lack of pass catching talent.

Hope you're doing well.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Jmo.

This  may be the first sign of the apocalypse, Bill from NYC saying that the Bills need to upgrade a skills position over either of the lines????????

Who is this imposter? I'm about ready to head down to my bunker now and prep for the end of days...........

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Jmo.

After watching the eagles run the ball down our throats like that, you don’t think DT is our biggest need?  

Adding another WR is important, but not the biggest need imo.  

John Brown is an absolute stud.  Beasley is an above average slot WR.  We could upgrade Duke.  Foster and mckenzie as 4ths aren’t terrible, both have proven to be able to make big plays.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Get a grip? All I am saying is they are a Wild Card team that likely will not get out of the first round.  If they somehow did, they will NEVER beat the elite teams in the NFL, and there is no single player available in a trade that can change that.  Just stand pat and upgrade in the off season. This is not a championship team, but it is a MAJOR improvement over last year.

Edited by FUTURIST
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Thanks for taking up the slack while I'm on vacation.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Not a trade, but twitter tales say Bengals benching Dalton after their Bye.

Yeah, because the dude that's on pace to throw for 4500 yards, who happened to top 400 in Seattle, is the problem.

Can't possibly be the totally-in-over-his-head HC.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, FUTURIST said:

Get a grip. All I am saying is they are a Wild Card team that likely will not get out of the first round.  If they somehow did, they will NEVER beat the elite teams in the NFL, and there is no single player available in a trade that can change that.  Just stand pat and upgrade in the off season. This is not a championship team, but it is a MAJOR improvement over last year.

Physician heal thyself.