Week 9: Bills (-10.5) vs Redskins

Cygnus99

I have been a Bills fan since 1982 and I have heard the same exact things from coaches for 37 years.

I don't even know why they have these coaches face the media, just play a recording and it's all the same exact response.

These pressers need to be more angry on a regular basis to be more exciting. ?

2 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Not surprising that McD would back Star. Frustrating yes, but not surprising. He’ll rarely do that stuff through the media. 

Yeah, the only time I remember him deviating a little bit from this was with Zay, who was out the door days later.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The line is simply to even out the money wagered on both sides. Not many people will bet on a team with just a single win by week 9. Taking the Redskins with the points looks like a pretty decent bet. 

Just two weeks ago, the Redskins covered the spread against the 49ers, and didn't even score a point 

Agreed, I'll take WAS +10.5 

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Teams have been running all over Washington this season. If Frank Gore can manage an even 100 yards, he will pass Barry Sanders as third all-time rushing leader. That would be pretty cool.

That would be pretty cool, but don't count on it. With WAS being terrible against the run, I fully expect Dabol to throw the ball 50 times. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Just two weeks ago, the Redskins covered the spread against the 49ers, and didn't even score a point 

Game was played in a sloppy mud pit, so I’m sure that had an impact. It did happen though. Don’t necessarily need to score to cover the spread. However most NFL games are not shutouts, or blowouts for that matter. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Game was played in a sloppy mud pit, so I’m sure that had an impact. It did happen though. Don’t necessarily need to score to cover the spread. However most NFL games are not shutouts, or blowouts for that matter. 

This is exactly right, and exactly why I'd take the points. Pair that with the limited capabilities of our offense to score, and I think they cover. 

FWIW, I fully expect a win next Sunday despite yesterday's troubles. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Because... against a non stiff, this transpired:

When the going got tough, down 13-24, exactly what happened with the franchise QB ?

* 3 & Out for 6 yards

* 6 & Out for 14 yards

* 3 & Out for 0 yards

* 3 & Out for -12 yards

* 4 & Out for 6 yards

Total for the CRITICAL last 1.5 Quarters?

5 Series, 19 Plays for 14 Yards!

15 Offensive TDs in 7 games! 

What part of that doesn’t scream inept?

And early on in your list you misleadingly left out the Eagles spirit crushing, 84 yard, eight and a half minute drive for a TD that sealed the win for them. 

Context is EVERYTHING.  

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

Skins will win outright. Book it.

Na. They won't. McD ain't gonna lose to a unprepared rookie QB. This is pure recency bias. The Bills were not as good as they appeared before the Eagles game and they're not as bad as they appeared after said game.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

I have been a Bills fan since 1982 and I have heard the same exact things from coaches for 37 years.

I don't even know why they have these coaches face the media, just play a recording and it's all the same exact response.

These pressers need to be more angry on a regular basis to be more exciting. ?

Same deal with those insipid, quick, 2-question halftime questions (applies to college games too). Lol