Do we need a Trade now???

Cuboirs

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

You have to ask yourself, are we a player away from being elite? If not then you save your assets and keeping building to the plan, select free agency and the draft.

After today’s gMe answer is no we are not one player away.  Need better DL, LB and WR

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yes I would still try to get AJ Green, especially since it's looking like we'll need to win some shootouts to make some noise this year. I would take Ngakoue but he isn't going to stop teams from running up the middle at will. We desperately need an elite offensive talent.

So AJ can stand on our sideline like he has for Cincy.....no thnx

I don’t want to screw up our salary cap with a past their prime traded player. I think McBean will go for whoever improves the team though. I think Gore was a one off for them as far as guys on the decline are concerned. 

Edited by SJDK

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You have to ask yourself, are we a player away from being elite? If not then you save your assets and keeping building to the plan, select free agency and the draft.

You can't mortgage the future to chase after a season in which you aren't a piece away. However if you can improve your chance of winning by acquiring a player for a mid round pick I don't see why you wouldn't consider it. The future is not always guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

You can't mortgage the future to chase after a season in which you aren't a piece away. However if you can improve your chance of winning by acquiring a player for a mid round pick I don't see why you wouldn't consider it. The future is not always guaranteed.

You also don't throw away opportunity just because you don't think your a SB favorite. Winning breeds winning. Just getting this team into the playoffs and having a chance can do wonders for them in building a future winner. Talk to players after the season and many will tell you it helped when their GM made a move and showed confidence in them  to try and put them over the top. 

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

You also don't throw away opportunity just because you don't think your a SB favorite. Winning breeds winning. Just getting this team into the playoffs and having a chance can do wonders for them in building a future winner. Talk to players after the season and many will tell you it helped when their GM made a move and showed confidence in them  to try and put them over the top. 

That's why I think you make a good sensible trade to acquire a player that helps you win now. I would heavily consider trading for Poe out of Atlanta for a 5th or 4th round pick. However I am not trading a 1st rounder to chase this season either. 

Improve your team at a good price. 

lets get real John Brown gets hurt and they may  not more than another game or two  Bills have nobody consistent other than Brown  They should have traded for Sanders  If they can get AJ for a 3rd even if its a rental do it.  Give Allen someone talented to throw to  They want to have a pass heavy emphasis offense get someone that can get open on the outside  Last year Dallas could not do anything, they made a massive trade for Amari and all of a sudden they are a pass heavy team.  That draft pick is probably going to land another gem like Zay Jones anyways

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, familykwi said:

I think bringing in someone new to make an impact is unrealistic.  If we could upgrade the roster for the long haul, then I'm down, but not for a rental.  How many rentals can you think of that made a significant difference?

Emmanuel Sanders scored a td today 

6 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Can we trade Daboll?

Depends on his contract. If written old school Daboll's rights can be traded. But the new school generic coaches contracts are written as personal services contacts to the owner and close the door on tradeability. Your mileage may vary.

• Like (+1) 1