Do we need a Trade now???

Cuboirs

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yes I would still try to get AJ Green, especially since it's looking like we'll need to win some shootouts to make some noise this year. I would take Ngakoue but he isn't going to stop teams from running up the middle at will. We desperately need an elite offensive talent.

Amen.  You MUST win some shootouts.  The NFL is set up that way.

depend.  this wr corp scares nobody.  more of a concern is how the d was exposed against miami and now the eagles.  no pressure.  wentz had all day.  if you believe this team is an elite wr away from a playoff spot yes.  Personally i think the 5-1 record now 5-2 is built on wins against pillow soft opponents.  No wins against quality opposition.  This might be the beginning of the end.  6-10  7-9.  Sounds familiar.  D didn't make plays when it had to neither did the offense.  This is a very mediocre offense.  Yes its in the middle of a rebuild devoid of elite talent.  MIght be 2 drafts and offseasons before realistically contending

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

Our problems on offense wouldn't change with Green, so losing draft picks makes no sense. We need a much better O coordinator, no amount of Green, Jones or anyone else is gonna change that

We have more than one problem on offense but I think a dominant WR that we  can depend on to make a play is the biggest thing missing. Daboll gets too cute sometimes but we don't have a WR that consistently wins 1 on 1 matchups which puts a lot of pressure on the rest of the team. All of the top offenses in the league have a player like that.

Honestly I think the issue is finding a run stuffer along the D-line to help the run defense. I know Star is paid to do that but he has been lacking. I would call up the Falcons and see if Poe is available.

I think WR is something they should be on the market for but that might not be there. 

2 minutes ago, mmichii said:

depend.  this wr corp scares nobody.  more of a concern is how the d was exposed against miami and now the eagles.  no pressure.  wentz had all day.  if you believe this team is an elite wr away from a playoff spot yes.  Personally i think the 5-1 record now 5-2 is built on wins against pillow soft opponents.  No wins against quality opposition.  This might be the beginning of the end.  6-10  7-9.  Sounds familiar.  D didn't make plays when it had to neither did the offense.  This is a very mediocre offense.  Yes its in the middle of a rebuild devoid of elite talent.  MIght be 2 drafts and offseasons before realistically contending

All the Bills have to do is beat pillow soft opponents to get to 10 wins sadly.

Just now, HappyDays said:

We have more than one problem on offense but I think a dominant WR that we  can depend on to make a play is the biggest thing missing. Daboll gets too cute sometimes but we don't have a WR that consistently wins 1 on 1 matchups which puts a lot of pressure on the rest of the team. All of the top offenses in the league have a player like that.

This is always gonna be a problem, constantly trying to out think himself instead of just doing what works. Allen could go 10/10 and he'd do something to undermine it. Daboll has held this team back, and I'll agree that poor execution plays a role. But Daboll and his gameplanning is too overlooked outside of Bills fans. How much worse would it look if we made a monster trade for a WR but nothing changes?

17 minutes ago, Cuboirs said:

I'd try to make a big splash grab A.J. and Geno Atkins that would be a major salary dump for cindy....And gives us 2 positions of need....Try to get Melvin Gordon and while your at it O.J. Howard too ......make a major splash now 

Why get Melvin Gordon, Singletary is pretty solid when he gets the ball it’s that they continue start the game with Gore as their lead back.

"Need?" No.

If the right player is there for the right price, sure, go for it.

But don't pull a Kelvin Benjamin trade just because your record looks good on paper. This team isn't that good, at least not yet. No need to lose draft picks in hopes of short term success. This team MIGHT be capable of sneaking into the playoffs by default of their weak schedule, but this isn't a "win-now" team with how we've played all year.

If you genuinely were impressed by their play until today's game, I'm sorry. But for those who pay attention to what's going on on the field rather than just the record, none of this surprises you, so there's no feeling of panic. 

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No. We need to draft better, though. It's beginning to look like this may unfortunately be Allen's ceiling. Edmunds looked lost out there today. I'm very disappointed in both of these guys and the longer we stay with them, the longer it will take us to become a good team. Draft a QB and sign a better MLB. We also need a shutdown CB, DE, DT, OT, WR, TE and G. I have to wonder how long it will take for Bills fans to realize that we have to move on from Josh Allen. My confidence in Beane has been shaken, but I was never one of those who thought his FA signings last offseason were all that special.

We needed this win to show that we are one of the top 16 teams and instead we were dominated thoroughly by a banged up team with a losing record. I don't think we have the right people doing the scouting and drafting either.

Thus begins another 2nd half collapse. We'll win maybe 3 more games due to our schedule, but today's game showed that we've been overrating this team by a lot.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Can we trade Daboll?

interesting thought.  is he up to the job?  is continuity more important for 17?  we've seen the results of changing offensive coordinators on young qbs.  How much does the lack of talent on offense affect how effective 17 can be?   It was nice while it lasted but now that they've been exposed as a fraud what are the realistic expectations for the rest of the season?  At what point do you decide if 17 is the guy.  17 games but you want to know before the end of that rookie contract.  Also you don't want to pass up another mahomes or watson if they are there in the draft by  being too attached to your own pick.

This team is not really close to being a threat in the playoffs- if they even get there.  Offense is a work-in-progress without enough weapons and a still-learning QB.  On defense, I was afraid that they might not be as good as we’ve been believing as they’ve dominated bad opponents.  Hopefully, today was an aberration, but if not the rest of the season could be very painful to watch.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Agreed.  We need something like an Alston Jefferies-type size mismatch WR to compliment Brown.    The offense is playing like it has one arm tied behind its back with only Smoke to count on...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

"Need?" No.

If the right player is there for the right price, sure, go for it.

But don't pull a Kelvin Benjamin trade just because your record looks good on paper. This team isn't that good, at least not yet. No need to lose draft picks in hopes of short term success. This team MIGHT be capable of sneaking into the playoffs by default of their weak schedule, but this isn't a "win-now" team with how we've played all year.

If you genuinely were impressed by their play until today's game, I'm sorry. But for those who pay attention to what's going on on the field rather than just the record, none of this surprises you, so there's no feeling of panic. 

You are right on, here.