Thursday nite Football: Washington at Minn 8:20 ET on Fox and NFLN

39 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't know about that, they beat the Dolphins by one, and were shut out by the 49ers in a horrible game where no one could do anything. I don't think they have been able to show anything recently.....

Another way to look at it is that the Redskins were beating the Dolphins 17-3 until the Phins brought out Fitzmagic for one of his 4Q things.

Don’t want to jinx us so I’ll shut up now.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am so tired of those Baker Mayfield at Home commercials

They're better than the NFL's Free Phone Football; makes me want to kick cats whenever I see that commercial

• Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That's what I'm thinking.  Vikings are especially overrated.

Are we saying this in the same way that people say the Bills are overrated, but we get all hurt when they say it ? Idk, the Vikes are 5-2, and a possible playoff team. I don’t see them being overrated. 

Edited by SirAndrew

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Are we saying this in the same way that people say the Bills are overrated, but we get all hurt when they say it ? 

I think the Bills can beat the Vikings.  I don't see what is so special about Minny.  I personally don't care when people talk down the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I think the Bills can beat the Vikings.  I don't see what is so special about Minny.  I personally don't care when people talk down the Bills.

We have to admit to ourselves that we're better than Philly right now 

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Are we saying this in the same way that people say the Bills are overrated, but we get all hurt when they say it ? 

I will never talk a team down or up.  Some teams just match up better than others and the cliche holds true....on any given Sunday, or Thursday or Monday. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Fair enough, I don’t care when people talk down the Bills either. I’m just saying the knock against the Bills and Vikes are pretty much the same. Neither team has beat anyone decent, and both lost their greatest tests. I think the Bills can beat anyone, but I also think they can lose to anyone, so a Bills vs Vikes game would be a close call. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stuvian said:

We have to admit to ourselves that we're better than Philly right now 

It's a winnable game, but McD will need to have the team better prepared than he did vs Miami

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I’m not sure to whom that’s directed, but I’m not intending to talk down the Bills.  My point is that under the hood, a team with a losing record can be tougher than their record shows.

Of course, the other viewpoint is that the Dolphins and Redskins are just acres of suckage and the Bills and the Vikings aren’t that good.

I will say this: the Vikes are not playing like an intense, focused team that intends to contend again for the NFC championship as it did 2 years ago

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Fair enough, I don’t care when people talk down the Bills either. I’m just saying the knock against the Bills and Vikes are pretty much the same. Neither team has beat anyone decent, and both lost their greatest tests. I think the Bills can beat anyone, but I also think they can lose to anyone, so a Bills vs Vikes game would be a close call. 

This year no team is as good or as bad as their record 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It's a winnable game, but McD will need to have the team better prepared than he did vs Miami

I think the bye hurt the Bills.   Lorax said they came out with "slow eyes."  So I guess though their bodies were refreshed, they lost a bit in mental acuity.   They needed that first half to get used to "game day" speed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills have never met a cakewalk. They like livin on the edge. Josh wants 4th qtr drama!

I was thinking something similar. Any team that relies heavily on its defense to win games isn’t going to have a cakewalk against anyone. Quality defensive can beat anyone, but without consistent offensive scoring it’s tough to look overly impressive as a collective team against any opponent. 

Edited by SirAndrew

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’m not sure to whom that’s directed, but I’m not intending to talk down the Bills.  My point is that under the hood, a team with a losing record can be tougher than their record shows.

Of course, the other viewpoint is that the Dolphins and Redskins are just acres of suckage and the Bills and the Vikings aren’t that good.

I will say this: the Vikes are not playing like an intense, focused team that intends to contend again for the NFC championship as it did 2 years ago

It was directed at the general media/punditry; some of which are on board, others are skeptical.  I don't get too excited about either viewpoint as Chris Berman famously said "and that's why they play the games"

Agree that teams can be tougher than their record, but those teams tend fail to finish a strong start to the game.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I'd encourage everyone in the Lotulelei sucks crowd to watch #98 of the very good Vikings defense tonight.

My thought is Linval Joseph is a lot better than Star.  Joseph can disrupt the backfield and get to the QB, Star doesn't do that.

• Like (+1) 1