Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the disrespect from sharpe. good lord.... cant score without a short field? i'm fairly certain most of the td's we've scored this year have been 70+ yd drives and we have 2 spanning 98 friggin yds. and our defense doesn't depend on turnovers like he claims. he quite literally has not see a single bills snap or game all year I would assume.

same dude who said back in week 4 it was just an off day for brady and the bills were pretenders.

Not that I agree or want to defend Sharpe, but it does look like it may have been a bit of an off day for Brady that game when you look at their play before and after that game. Unless you want to say that Fitz is better then Brady? As it's been said alot around here, until the Bills start beating these bad teams convincingly, and not just squeaking out wins cause the kicker can't hit a single FG, they will be viewed as a pretender and not as good as their record shows.

12 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Not that I agree or want to defend Sharpe, but it does look like it may have been a bit of an off day for Brady that game when you look at their play before and after that game. Unless you want to say that Fitz is better then Brady? As it's been said alot around here, until the Bills start beating these bad teams convincingly, and not just squeaking out wins cause the kicker can't hit a single FG, they will be viewed as a pretender and not as good as their record shows.

How about last week was an off day for our defense? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

More Scandrick: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27926556/orlando-scandrick-rips-eagles-gm-being-released

That team sounds like it has some real problems internally.

Agreed. He could just be bitter but, he wasn’t there that long and these aren’t really “new” things. Just harsh to hear so publically aired by a former player. He has no reason to lie. 

11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

i'd love to eeek out 10-12 wins this year...  a W is a W is a W.

Like the old NFL adage says it’s not who you play but when you play them makes a lot of sense especially this week. Many had the Bills getting cracked this week. They still might but we’re playing Philadelphia at a great time as far as trying to win the game. 

Eagles’ hemorrhaging defense needs to get right against Bills’ pedestrian offense

The Week 8 match-up for the Philadelphia Eagles’ defense against the Buffalo Bills’ offense is weakness against weakness.

The Eagles have allowed 24 and 27 first half points in their last two games along with 37 and 38 points total in those games. They’ve only held one opponent to under 24 points, the Luke Falk-led Jets. 

The big fear for many fans will be speedy wide receiver John Brown taking off the top of the Eagles’ defense. On the season Brown has proven to be their biggest threat, totaling 33 catches for 473 yards and two touchdowns. He’d have a lot more than that if Allen, who has been very accurate inside of 20 yards, ranks 27th of 35 in deep ball adjusted accuracy completion percentage (per PFF).

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/10/25/20931898/eagles-hemorrhaging-defense-needs-get-right-against-bills-pedestrian-offense-bgn-radio-podcast-kist

1 minute ago, Paul Costa said:

Like the old NFL adage says it’s not who you play but when you play them makes a lot of sense especially this week. Many had the Bills getting cracked this week. They still might but we’re playing Philadelphia at a great time as far as trying to win the game. 

and that will be the excuse if we do beat them but i'm OK with that.  This isn't a world beater team like the Patriots and i think it's absurd to expect that from them week in and week out; i'll take the continued unspectacular success of a building team right now, just wait till everything clicks, THEN it'll be fun.  I just hope we get to see it click this year.

54 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the disrespect from sharpe. good lord.... cant score without a short field? i'm fairly certain most of the td's we've scored this year have been 70+ yd drives and we have 2 spanning 98 friggin yds. and our defense doesn't depend on turnovers like he claims. he quite literally has not see a single bills snap or game all year I would assume.

same dude who said back in week 4 it was just an off day for brady and the bills were pretenders.

Ha, yeah, he was all like "you acting like the Bill's are some kind of offensive machine." And they both predicted we score 17 points. 

52 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

or how about brady sucked once he finally played a good defense?.... in fact brady hasn't been good in the last 4 games against this personnel. 

listen. if Shannon wants to 2nd guess buffalo that's fine. there are plenty of reasons why. but the stuff he brings up makes him sounds completely ignorant and its not accurate.

They've played one good team and lost, barely. also, the only team to play them tough. What a great 'D' we have. Don't know if the Eagles are good but I think I would pass on this game but lean towards Philly and the points due to their desperation. God, I want to be wrong. I get scolded a lot on this site for probably being the least positive that we have a QB that can EVER lead us to the promise land but I want to be so wrong that everyone is bagging on me. Not trusting yet. He HAS to be able to throw on these guys, doesn't he ?  Go Bills !!

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

2 hours ago, K-Apps said:

Orlando Scandrick, who was just cut by the Eagles went on Undisputed to discuss the locker room issues the Eagles have. Later in the video, he believes the Bills will have success with the run game and will rely on the defense to win.

WTH is Skip Bayless wearing in that video? Trying too hard. 

16 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

They've played one good team and lost, barely. also, the only team to play them tough. What a great 'D' we have. Don't know if the Eagles are good but I think I would pass on this game but lean towards Philly and the points due to their desperation. God, I want to be wrong. I get scolded a lot on this site for probably being the least positive that we have a QB that can EVER lead us to the promise land but I want to be so wrong that everyone is bagging on me. Not trusting yet. He HAS to be able to throw on these guys, doesn't he ?  Go Bills !!

They'd be 6-0 if 4TH QUARTER JOSH hadn't been scum-bagged out of the game against NE.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

They'd be 6-0 if 4TH QUARTER JOSH hadn't been scum-bagged out of the game against NE.

Yeah, and 5-1 all over again if the Titans has a competent kicker. Or 4-2 if the Dolphins had just kicked the damn field goals. Etc., etc. Not knocking the Bills at all here -- 5-1 is 5-1, and they've earned it -- but other than the truly elite and truly trash teams, virtually every NFL team can play this "if a couple plays had gone our way" game ... such is parity in the NFL, and mediocrity in the AFC.