Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hebert19

Tre white WILL get the call...

Recommended Posts

Marcus Peters just had a pick-6 against Wilson. If the Ravens win I bet he gets it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

The call for what?

You ball you get the call.  Ever hear that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

At the moment other than Gilmore there is no corner in the league playing as well as him. He is the biggest reason we won today. Those two turnovers were the difference in the game. 

Gilmore maybe slightly better in coverage but White the more complete db imo...his support in run defense is way superior. Strong tackler and can shed blocks like a LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Gilmore maybe slightly better in coverage but White the more complete db imo...his support in run defense is way superior. Strong tackler and can shed blocks like a LB.

 

I think White is better in run support but I don't think Gilmore is as bad there as Bills fans think. Gilmore is an elite corner. He always has been. He got way too much criticism here. 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Jordan Philips get the call as well. After the fake field goal. They went backwords and helped us with little needed momentum and help.

This. It wouldn’t have happened if the previous play never existed the way it did. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I think White is better in run support but I don't think Gilmore is as bad there as Bills fans think. Gilmore is an elite corner. He always has been. He got way too much criticism here. 

He’s no doubt a top corner, don’t dispute that. I loved him as a Bill but the criticism of his physicality was and is valid. He’s reluctant to go outside his comfort zone, sorta like a finesse Josh Norman type guy to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoBills808 said:

He’s no doubt a top corner, don’t dispute that. I loved him as a Bill but the criticism of his physicality was and is valid. He’s reluctant to go outside his comfort zone, sorta like a finesse Josh Norman type guy to me. 

 

I think it is overplayed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“The call”?  The only calls I get are congratulating me that they can lower my credit card interest rate! Or telling me my they have been trying to reach me to tell me my car warranty is about to expire, or they can help me with my federal student loans or........why do I even have a land line? Sometimes I use it to call my cell phone when I can’t find it. That’s all I can think of! 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or is Gilmore becoming incredibly overrated? Dude has only 20 picks in like 8 seasons. Tre has like 10 in 2.5 seasons. Tre has far better coverage technique, ball skills, running ability and tackling. Gilmore just holds guys and hopes the officials don’t call it. When the ball goes right to Gilmore I always think he’ll drop it because he looks so uncoordinated as a pass catcher. Everyone on New England is SOOO great until they get cut.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Is it just me or is Gilmore becoming incredibly overrated? Dude has only 20 picks in like 8 seasons. Tre has like 10 in 2.5 seasons. Tre has far better coverage technique, ball skills, running ability and tackling. Gilmore just holds guys and hopes the officials don’t call it. When the ball goes right to Gilmore I always think he’ll drop it because he looks so uncoordinated as a pass catcher. Everyone on New England is SOOO great until they get cut.

It’s just you. Try to watch the games.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He’s no doubt a top corner, don’t dispute that. I loved him as a Bill but the criticism of his physicality was and is valid. He’s reluctant to go outside his comfort zone, sorta like a finesse Josh Norman type guy to me. 

Gilmore was a physical corner.. he shied  away from contact for a few games after breaking his wrist AND PLAYING. From his rookie year he laid the wood on some RBs

 

He was far from soft and I always called him an all pro while here.. every scouting report of Gilmore is littered with how physical he is

 

The one thing that Tre had to show he could do in the NFL is stop the run because he WASN'T PHYSICAL at LSU.  He could cover all day but not tackle consistently,  he has seemed to correct that

 

 

 

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I think it is overplayed. 

Gilmore from SC through his whole NFL career is the exact opposite of a soft corner

 

He hurt Eddie Lacy on a collision before that knocked him out as well..  250 Eddie Lacy..  that might make you think twice

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Gilmore was a physical corner.. he shied  away from contact for a few games after breaking his wrist AND PLAYING. From his rookie year he laid the wood on some RBs

 

He was far from soft and I always called him an all pro while here.. every scouting report of Gilmore is littered with how physical he is

 

The one thing that Tre had to show he could do in the NFL is stop the run because he WASN'T PHYSICAL at LSU.  He could cover all day but not tackle, he has seemed to coreccorrect that

 

 

 

Gilmore from SC through his whole NFL career is the exact opposite of a soft corner

 

He hurt Eddie Lacy on a collision before

Gilmore was excellent on the Bills. He got crappy penalties called on him early but he was extremely good. And is film is why Bellichick gave him a huge contract. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Gilmore was a physical corner.. he shied  away from contact for a few games after breaking his wrist AND PLAYING. From his rookie year he laid the wood on some RBs

 

He was far from soft and I always called him an all pro while here.. every scouting report of Gilmore is littered with how physical he is

 

The one thing that Tre had to show he could do in the NFL is stop the run because he WASN'T PHYSICAL at LSU.  He could cover all day but not tackle consistently,  he has seemed to correct that

 

 

 

Gilmore from SC through his whole NFL career is the exact opposite of a soft corner

 

He hurt Eddie Lacy on a collision before that knocked him out as well..  250 Eddie Lacy..  that might make you think twice

 

Couldn't agree more. Excellent post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Top 3 corner in the game IMO. It’s time he starts getting that recognition across the league 

 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

At the moment other than Gilmore there is no corner in the league playing as well as him. He is the biggest reason we won today. Those two turnovers were the difference in the game. 

 

I am not arguing with any of you but do you guys really watch other teams with great CBs that much that you are confident to say this?

 

If yes, could you please name top 10 for instance and looking at that list confirm that you think that Tre is better than any of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilmore used to get flagged a lot in Buffalo for holding and PI. In New England, the same plays don't get flagged.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

The int alone saved the game.

 

The strip fumble sealed the deal.

yup.  15-point swing right there.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

 

 

I am not arguing with any of you but do you guys really watch other teams with great CBs that much that you are confident to say this?

 

If yes, could you please name top 10 for instance and looking at that list confirm that you think that Tre is better than any of them?

 

Yep. I watch every game every week and I have listed my top guys on here numerous times. 

 

I think the elite level guys are really the top 6 in that list.

 

1. Stephon Gilmore, NE

2. Marshon Lattimore, NO

3. Casey Hayward, LAC

4. Darius Slay, DET

5. Tre White, BUF

6. Patrick Peterson, ARI

7. Jalen Ramsey, LAR

8. Marlon Humphrey, BAL

9. Chris Harris, DEN

10. AJ Bouye, JAX

 

I just happen to think on performances so far in 2019 it is really Gilmore, White and Lattimore. But taking longer term consistent elite performance that is my top 10. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Gilmore used to get flagged a lot in Buffalo for holding and PI. In New England, the same plays don't get flagged.

Part of that is being a young guy who doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Part of that is being on a bad team that doesn't get calls. 

Part of that is now being an established guy who gets the benefit of the doubt. 

Part of that is now being on the Pats who not only get good team calls but Pats calls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...