2 trades to win this years super bowl...but at what cost

Hebert19

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Sounds like a great recipe for cap hell.

How?  That makes no sense.  

We are youngest team in league and rookies making impact.  We have 80m in space next yest and are making non long term commitments.  

Also this year our short term prove it contracts have worked great and...guess what.  No cap jail as they are done after 1 year. 

1 minute ago, rayray808 said:

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 4.21.28 PM.png

when baby Gamora asks Beane after our Super Bowl if it was worth it... damn right it was worth it

This might be the most perfect response even on this board.  Love it

10 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

How?  That makes no sense.  

We are youngest team in league and rookies making impact.  We have 80m in space next yest and are making non long term commitments.  

Also this year our short term prove it contracts have worked great and...guess what.  No cap jail as they are done after 1 year. 

This might be the most perfect response even on this board.  Love it

We're not. We're one of the oldest teams in the league.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If Allen were lighting it up and showing he was on his way to being a legit franchise QB then I’d be all for trading high picks to make a serious playoff run. 

There’s still too much uncertainty for me to want to do that.

Edited by Bangarang

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If Allen we’re lighting it up and showing he was on his way to being a legit franchise QB then I’d be all for trading high licks to make a serous playoff run. 

That's Bob Kraft's ideal form of trade currency.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

We're not. We're one of the oldest teams in the league.

1 year older than youngest with our oldest players on expiring contracts.  

Gore Alexander will be gone and we have option to dump others at low cap hits. We have 14 starters in their first 3 years in league with plug and play people in other positions. 

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If Allen we’re lighting it up and showing he was on his way to being a legit franchise QB then I’d be all for trading high licks to make a serous playoff run. 

I know. Let's see a 300yd 3td game before we say championship.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

I like the idea... but this team isnt quite there yet.   Allen is still somewhat of a project.    Maybe in a couple years if he takes those next steps, but making those types of deals this season would be a bit premature.

Now is the only time you can make those moves. Once you are paying him $35m a year you can’t anymore. 

that is the entire point.

27 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

No to either imo- wrong side of 30 with a high cap hits. Add in the injury bug for Green and it just doesn’t make sense.

but that’s the entire point, again. You are looking for 3 year type of deals that come off the books when you have to pay Allen, tre, etc...

1 hour ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

I actually don't mind the idea of moving our 1st for a WR. We are going to draft one next year in the 1st anyqay, why not guarantee we get ourselvea a good one?

Why not just draft a young WR then? Cheap and a proven process guy.

I'd rather buy a new Honda than an old Cadillac.

?

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Now is the only time you can make those moves. Once you are paying him $35m a year you can’t anymore. 

but that’s the entire point, again. You are looking for 3 year type of deals that come off the books when you have to pay Allen, tre, etc...

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I still don’t like it- I think AJ is done- could be wrong but all signs point that way. 

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Because we don’t want to waste two years on another Zay Jones.

Zay was a 2nd not 1st rounder and you can't hit every pick. Also I'd be interested to know of the 2nd round or later WRs that are currently WR1 on any team.

20 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

1 year older than youngest with our oldest players on expiring contracts.  

Gore Alexander will be gone and we have option to dump others at low cap hits. We have 14 starters in their first 3 years in league with plug and play people in other positions. 

I get all that. But we're still not a young team. And I doubt we'll be a young team next year or any year under Mcdermott. McDermott likes to have experienced veteran leaders in every position group.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I’m sorry, wby doe our defense need more help?

But good job not completely falling into the Trent Williams and Diggs/Green trap

Until this past Sunday we had 7 sacks, one of the fewest in the league until we went off. Hughes is our only true pass rusher and he only had 7 last season. We need a legit pass rusher opposite of him.

Elway is already on the hot seat.  If he traded Miller when Chubb is already on IR the fan base would go nuts out here.

He would be in "tank mode" and wouldn't survive.

So Elway loses Miller and takes huge dead money hits for a late round 1st.

SMH, is this the kind of trades they do in Madden?  LOL.

9 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Zay was a 2nd not 1st rounder and you can't hit every pick. Also I'd be interested to know of the 2nd round or later WRs that are currently WR1 on any team.

Exactly, you can’t hit on every pick. Which is why trading a pick for a proven guy who may be on the back half of his career is kinda what the topic is about.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Until this past Sunday we had 7 sacks, one of the fewest in the league until we went off. Hughes is our only true pass rusher and he only had 7 last season. We need a legit pass rusher opposite of him.

I used to feel that way, but I’m seeing how the focus on containment, but for the run and keeping the QB in the pocket has an affect on the offenses.  

I’m sure there’s an in-between, but I believe the pass rush is close to how they want it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm with you. Fans are so used to being "in the hunt" that they can't shoot for more. The door is wide open for the Bills this year. The schedule will NOT be this easy next year... I absolutely think they should go all in for the #1 seed. Then you try to win two games at home and see what happens in the Super Bowl.

How do you know it won’t be as easy next year?  

Maybe the rest of the league isn’t as good and we’re getting better.  

Also, you never know how it shakes out.  We all thought Pitt was a tough game, and now it looks like a W. 

I don’t think Miller makes much sense for this team.   He’s on the decline and paid a ton. 

Green would be worth a shot for a mid-round pick.  

I wouldnt mind going after Diggs, if available, and have an LA Rams type WR group.  Even then, that doesn’t make much sense if Foster can return the second half of ‘18 Robert Foster form.