Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tatonka68

How to beat the Patriots??? RUN

Recommended Posts

The Bills need to go heavy and run right at them. Use 3 tight ends, Lee Smith, Dawson Knox and hopefully Tyler Kroft. The Backfield is Gore and DiMarco. And only one receiver Smoke. 3 tight ends forces them to adjust their secondary and put a LB on a tightend.  Then run at them all day. It wont have an impact at first but you will slowly wear them down and your defense will keep you in the game. Pound the rock with carries to Singletary. . This should slowly tip the time of possession in the Bills favor and Brady might press to impress the home crowd and commit a turnover. It also takes a lot of pressure off Allen and opens up play action.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You watching this game? So far points have come from a long pass and fumble return for TD. You’re saying that the run is what’s needed? Hmmm

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

You watching this game? So far points have come from a long pass and fumble return for TD. You’re saying that the run is what’s needed? Hmmm

Can’t rely on tipped/bobbled passes to go your way every time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still for pounding it down their throats. Gore was like 9 for 88 yards early I think, but we kept chucking the ball long for some reason. The only game we have done that, the only game we have lost. Josh didn’t have time for the long ball, but kept trying the whole first half. We can beat them, even on the road, if we play a little smarter. A bad ST moment and a head shot to Allen took away our chances. 

  • Like (+1) 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You beat NE the same way teams have always done it — by stopping Brady.

 

If Josh finds the open receivers instead of chucking it into a crowd deep multiple times, the Bills probably win two weeks ago

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

You watching this game? So far points have come from a long pass and fumble return for TD. You’re saying that the run is what’s needed? Hmmm

Yup you run right at them and grind them into the turf. Slowly but surely.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to keep Brady off the field by controlling time of possession, and that can (or even MUST) include the running game.

 

Then hope your defense can stop them once or twice.

 

And no bloody turnovers.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

You beat NE the same way teams have always done it — by stopping Brady.

 

If Josh finds the open receivers instead of chucking it into a crowd deep multiple times, the Bills probably win two weeks ago


This.  Bills lost the game because of QB play 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raise your hand if you remember how demoralizing it was to have Legarrette Blount shoved down our throat and there was nothing we could do about it. To be able to run on a team and make them wish the game would just end is like winning TWICE. Then? You go over the top because everyone is in the box.😋

 

We showed we could run on the Pats, even without Singletary. Not sure why we went deep so often, but I think we are smart enough to learn and evolve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL is essentially the WWE at this point.

 

The teams they want to win are going to win.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

NFL is essentially the WWE at this point.

 

The teams they want to win are going to win.

I do think NE gets more calls as Tom Brady gets the “Michael Jordan” treatment from the refs.

 

But why do you think the league wants them to win? After deflate gate, that had to be an absolute nightmare for Goodell to hand them the Lombardi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

NFL is essentially the WWE at this point.

 

The teams they want to win are going to win.

It's all choreographed. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I do think NE gets more calls as Tom Brady gets the “Michael Jordan” treatment from the refs.

 

But why do you think the league wants them to win? After deflate gate, that had to be an absolute nightmare for Goodell to hand them the Lombardi.

 

Ratings.  The story.  Continuing to market their biggest star.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

It's all choreographed. 

 

The last PI penalty was just ludicrous.  Blatant def holding as the WR made his cut and then blatant PI before the ball arrived.  No other player anywhere near the play - every official had a crystal clear view.  But it’s NE, so of course, no flag, on either foul, even after review*.

 

 

* just more evidence that replay has nothing to do with ‘getting it right’ like proponents claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I do think NE gets more calls as Tom Brady gets the “Michael Jordan” treatment from the refs.

 

But why do you think the league wants them to win? After deflate gate, that had to be an absolute nightmare for Goodell to hand them the Lombardi.

They are still ratings gold over alot of smaller market teams. TB12 generates big revenue. It will be hilarious once BB/TB finally retire to see the ref crews shutoff the valve. In the meantime the schedule fillers just have to wear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

NFL is essentially the WWE at this point.

 

The teams they want to win are going to win.

The NFL has become way over produced...right down to half time shows. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Augie said:

Raise your hand if you remember how demoralizing it was to have Legarrette Blount shoved down our throat and there was nothing we could do about it. To be able to run on a team and make them wish the game would just end is like winning TWICE. Then? You go over the top because everyone is in the box.😋

 

We showed we could run on the Pats, even without Singletary. Not sure why we went deep so often, but I think we are smart enough to learn and evolve. 

 

Truth.

 

I would rather pull our guards and center and run against that D than throw into it. You're going to get the phantom holding call against your interior linemen, but less chance of turning it over because they are built for man coverage and to pressure the passing game into sacks, ints, and fumbles. Instead, take it right to them, nothing fancy, just slobber knocker trench warfare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

The Bills need to go heavy and run right at them. Use 3 tight ends, Lee Smith, Dawson Knox and hopefully Tyler Kroft. The Backfield is Gore and DiMarco. And only one receiver Smoke. 3 tight ends forces them to adjust their secondary and put a LB on a tightend.  Then run at them all day. It wont have an impact at first but you will slowly wear them down and your defense will keep you in the game. Pound the rock with carries to Singletary. . This should slowly tip the time of possession in the Bills favor and Brady might press to impress the home crowd and commit a turnover. It also takes a lot of pressure off Allen and opens up play action.

 

 

 

They can stop the run if they want to. They just play nickel most of the time so it seems like that is a weakness. They have two legit run stopping DTs though. We played a great game against them last time. If we do the same thing again and eliminate the turnovers we have a chance. 

 

Foster would have made a huge impact with the deep ball. We need Singletary if we want to run more, that was a big factor last game. Duke will make a difference in the red zone. Our offence is going to be a lot better next time we face them.

Edited by billspro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to run, passing is futile at this point against them.

They're talking about it right now on the post game, the Pats defense is playing at historically great levels and is on pace to go down as the top defense of ALL TIME.

Our offense has no chance passing against them, so better get that run game going...It's our only shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

 

Ratings.  The story.  Continuing to market their biggest star.


I’d argue Brady isn’t the biggest star anymore (if he ever was). And I would imagine that NFL fans are tired of seeing the Patriots win all the time. 
 

If it’s all about ratings then why aren’t the Cowboys competing in SBs?

Edited by Bangarang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

The Bills need to go heavy and run right at them. Use 3 tight ends, Lee Smith, Dawson Knox and hopefully Tyler Kroft. The Backfield is Gore and DiMarco. And only one receiver Smoke. 3 tight ends forces them to adjust their secondary and put a LB on a tightend.  Then run at them all day. It wont have an impact at first but you will slowly wear them down and your defense will keep you in the game. Pound the rock with carries to Singletary. . This should slowly tip the time of possession in the Bills favor and Brady might press to impress the home crowd and commit a turnover. It also takes a lot of pressure off Allen and opens up play action.

 

 

 

 

IMO, running is just the half of it.

 

You've got to do both well, and mix them unpredictably.

 

The Pats are damn good at stopping the run when they know it's coming.

Edited by Thurman#1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, billspro said:

 

They can stop the run if they want to. They just play nickel most of the time so it seems like that is a weakness. They have two legit run stopping DTs though. We played a great game against them last time. If we do the same thing again and eliminate the turnovers we have a chance. 

 

Foster would have made a huge impact with the deep ball. We need Singletary if we want to run more, that was a big factor last game. Duke will make a difference in the red zone. Our offence is going to be a lot better next time we face them.

 

their run defense has not been AS tested as their pass defense because only one team shut down Brady this year and had the luxury of being able to pound the rock all game long - our Bills.

 

Everyone else is forced to pass to try to catch up with a token run here or there.

 

Pittsburgh - 12 rushing attempts could not stop NE scoring

Miami - 14x  buried by NE scoring

Jets ran Bell, but NE keyed on him and the Jets are pretty limited offensively - NE kept him bottled up and the Jets could not stop Brady

Bills - Gore 17X for 109 yds and we gave Brady fits.

Redskins - 18x by committee for 131yds, could not keep pace with NE scoring abandoned it in the 3rd.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New England is over rated.   I've stated this a few times already. 

 

They were exposed again tonight.  The defense is over rated, and the offense is not what its cracked up to be. 

 

The second new England has to face a team that has an offense that is CONSISTENT, doesn't make multiple mistakes with costly turn overs, they will lose. 

 

Their defense has had to face Allen a second year player, Jones a rookie, Falk a practice squad Qb, Roth who was clearly facing a nagging injury in his throwing arm, Haskins a rookie Qb, and Rosen a second year player. 

 

They have had the success against inexperienced Qbs, and offenses that cant get out of their own way. 

 

Put them against the Chiefs, Texans, even the Ravens at this point, and they will fold.  

 

No way New England wins the AFC crown this year.

 

The way to beat them is consistency. They are not a powerhouse and have weakness everywhere.  They should not have escaped us and im sure counted their blessings to escape Buffalo with a win. 

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...