Am I the only one uncomfortable with the hang time on our Jet Sweep exchange?

AKC

With a high snap yesterday that "pass" was up in McKenzie's faceguard. Since we pull the OC on those a defender sitting on the play could fire through the A gaps and knock the ball up for grabs. We seem to have a little more air on our exchange than I see with KC for instance. Probably be a good idea to start working to reduce the arc on that since it's clearly an ongoing weapon and stage setter for other plays.

Edited by AKC
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, AKC said:

With a high snap yesterday that "pass" was up in McKenzie's faceguard. Since we pull the OC on those a defender sitting on the play could fire through the A gaps and knock the ball up for grabs. We seem to have a little more air on our exchange than I see with KC for instance. Probably be a good idea to start working to reduce the arc on that since it's clearly an ongoing weapon and stage setter for other plays.

You dont understand why it's done that way.  It's a shovel pass.  If it is dropped it's an incomplete pass.  

Others have said it, but yes this is the way the play is designed. If you put too much velocity the receiver has a smaller window for reaction and positioning. The idea is he runs "onto" the ball. The 2nd problem with velocity at close quarters is the pass bouncing off the hands or shoulder-pad of the receiver. The danger of a lineman intercepting when they are not looking for a pass in that range, and to be honest, are probably not as good at catching balls as a wide receiver, is slim. So I think it is a play that looks more dangerous then it is. And look, not to be glib, it did go for a lot of yards. I am more concerned with another play of ours called the "mad scramble and throw off the front-foot into a crowd play." I think the opposition has seen it enough now. Let's take it out of the play book. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Am I the only one uncomfortable with the hang time on our Jet Sweep exchange?

By AKC, 32 minutes ago in The Stadium Wall

Apparently so.  In the spirit of full disclosure, I have consternation over the RPMs on our long snapper's punt snaps!  ?

Honestly the snap against to bojo against the pats didn't have enough rpm. Ferguson is too inconsistent apparently.