Jonathan Jones NOT fined for his hit on Allen

Herc11
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Keep it moderately clean, folks.  When I edit I'm way less creative than y'all are capable of without getting crude.

Damned if I want to toss any Bills fans on game day for righteous upset about league inconsistency and perceived favoring Pats.

But I also don't want to spend game day baby-sitting this topical relevant thread

This league is insane. They already had Kraft and Belichek's [view] as they explained why he wasn't ejected and now this.

5. In a surprising turn of events, New England Patriots defensive back Jonathan Jones, whose hit landed Bills QB Josh Allen in the concussion protocol, was not fined, according to Rapoport per an informed source. Rapoport added, "It was determined Jones turned his shoulder to stop the runner (who is not defenseless), while the runner is being tackled, falling forward and down."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001062048/article/roundup-obj-fined-14k-for-dustup-with-ravens-cb

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
vulgarity
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We were pretty sure this was the case last Sunday night.  NFL supposedly wants to eliminate ALL helmet to helmet hits, yet this gets through because Al Riveron determined Jonathan Jones turned his shoulder to avoid a hit on Josh.  Cheats slide by again...

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

We were pretty sure this was the case last Sunday night.  NFL supposedly wants to eliminate ALL helmet to helmet hits, yet this gets through because Al Riveron determined Jonathan Jones turned his shoulder to avoid a hit on Josh.  Cheats slide by again...

Did you know they assessed a penalty on the play?

31 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

This league is insane. They already had Kraft and Belichek's knob in their throat as they explained why he wasn't ejected and now this.

5. In a surprising turn of events, New England Patriots defensive back Jonathan Jones, whose hit landed Bills QB Josh Allen in the concussion protocol, was not fined, according to Rapoport per an informed source. Rapoport added, "It was determined Jones turned his shoulder to stop the runner (who is not defenseless), while the runner is being tackled, falling forward and down."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001062048/article/roundup-obj-fined-14k-for-dustup-with-ravens-cb

Take off the Buffalo colored glasses and you will see that's exactly what happened. It wasn't a dirty hit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Is there a soul alive who believes that if it was Tom Brady getting speared in the head,  that this would be the ruling?

That's one of the worst helmet to helmet hits I've seen.

Wow...

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Take off the Buffalo colored glasses and you will see that's exactly what happened. It wasn't a dirty hit.

A dirty hit would imply that he intentionally hit helmet to helmet. An unintentional helmet to helmet can happen by accident or poor tackling technique. Every season there are many hits that were not dirty hits and players were still fined. IMO this was a hit that had poor technique as he was leading with his head until the last second when he attempted to turn. He could of turned much sooner or not lead with his head in the first place and completely prevent a helmet to helmet collision.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Goodell said:

The league office continues to put its best efforts into finding the balance between maintaining the physical nature of the game and prioritizing player safety.

The league office continues to protect certain players while turning a blind eye to others.

Put up an anti Riveron billboard up in NYC? ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Is there a soul alive who believes that if it was Tom Brady getting speared in the head,  that this would be the ruling?

Wow...

Ray Lewis started Inside the NFL with that exact topic. 

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I do know that.  Didn't matter with regards to helmet to helmet fine, now did it?

Didn't matter regarding Tuck rule they made up for Br*dy either.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Take off the New England colored glasses and you will see if it was a deliberate hit.

Did you cash Kraft's check yet?

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Wow...

If it were Brady it would be a suspension and some sort of change to the rules.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If it were Brady it would be a suspension and some sort of change to the rules.

For sure, if the qb is a runner (named Tom Brady) and you hit him in the helmet while trying to tackle him you are ejected, suspended and fined. 

Brady gets hit in the leg and out for most of the season, welp, need to protect QBs legs more. 

It's basically why the tuck rule came and went. Brady only needed it one time and they made a rule for it and the revoked it. 

Edited by The Wiz