The real test for this team is this weekend

warrior9

14 hours ago, QCity said:

And if we lose, the REAL test will be how this team handles the Dolphins after a bye week. :lol:

No. 

There are many many reasons why this game on Sunday in important. That Dolphins game can and should be a cake walk.

18 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

l

If Allen doesn't play and Barkley does, any loss will be rationalized away and the next "true test" will be the next one up,  Dolphins?

Miami a test??     LOL 

but seriously ... how bad would it be to lose to Miami (that has had a  lead in at least 2 if not 3 of its games) 

17 hours ago, teef said:

i'm certainly hoping he plays.  we all want to see his reaction after a hit and a game like that.  

Cake-Walk-III-Kelly-Gilleran-Premium-Pos  teef.

I think I found @Chandler#81's long lost sister.   

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Yeah, I think it's important. This can game can ultimately come back to have tie break implications as well. 

Exactly. Especially with how animated and seemingly upset McDermott is with how JA went out. He, himself, needs to reel it in and stay composed now as well. 

Daboll was doing his best Brian Kelly impersonation before the hit too. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Every game is important 

Lol, obviously...... that clearly not the point...

Let me summarize thread:  This game is more important than others because: 

In terms of how we respond to an emotional loss and adversity

In terms of how Josh Allen can respond to playing poorly

In terms of how the defense responds to having TB post his worst career numbers

In terms of seeing where we are in the "process" and how we can shake a loss and come back and be "complete?" 

In terms of gauging, "are we a play off team?" or "are we a fringe team?" 

1 minute ago, warrior9 said:

Lol, obviously...... that clearly not the point...

Let me summarize thread:  This game is more important than others because: 

In terms of how we respond to an emotional loss and adversity

In terms of how Josh Allen can respond to playing poorly

In terms of how the defense responds to having TB post his worst career numbers

In terms of seeing where we are in the "process" and how we can shake a loss and come back and be "complete?" 

In terms of gauging, "are we a play off team?" or "are we a fringe team?

Fair enough...

Its just that there is a thread like this before  every game..

Someone said that the Week 3 game against the Bengals was “must win”  after they have started 2-0

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Fair enough...

Its just that there is a thread like this before  every game..

Someone said that the Week 3 game against the Bengals was “must win”  after they have started 2-0

It turns out, it was.. or else we'd be 2-2 staring at a tough Tennessee team possibly without our QB.

20 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And with Allen...if he plays last week.

You have to wonder where his mind is going to be at with this game after New England rattled him all day.

I want Allen to be careful with the ball but still not lose his aggressive mentality.  Lets see if he gets trigger shy or he continues to take shots (hopefully smarter shots).

I'm going to this game so I hope that's not added pressure for him.

I think there is very little chance Allen plays against Tennessee.

20 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Let me get this straight, the New England patriots are not the true test, the "true test" are the up and down Tennessee Titans? Do i have the correct?

This is an idiotic comment, a testimony to purblindness (look it up), ignoring context, and missing the point 

I got to agree that how the Bills answer this weekend will tell us if this year can be special.

on defense it’s going to be a different game plan. Shut down the run and keep Mariota in the pocket. No big plays over the top. 

If Singletary is back, this is a very winnable game. The Bills need a diverse offense if Josh is out. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

This is an idiotic comment, a testimony to purblindness (look it up), ignoring context, and missing the point 

LOL, good for you, i didn't miss the context, i totally ignored it, this isn't high school football team, these guys are pros, they will have long moved on from this game.

Tennessee is a playoff football team with one of the better offensive lines in NFL.  AJ Brown is a star in the making.  They play great D.  It's on the road.  This is a big test.  There is a big difference between 4-1and 3-2.  If we start 4-1, we will make playoffs IMO.  Yes, this game is huge

Just now, Pete said:

Tennessee is a playoff football team with one of the better offensive lines in NFL.  AJ Brown is a star in the making.  They play great D.  It's on the road.  This is a big test.  There is a big difference between 4-1and 3-2.  If we start 4-1, we will make playoffs IMO.  Yes, this game is huge

Its a big game for sure, but even if they lose there is still a path to 10-6 that isn’t exactly impossible..

They play Miami twice and very winnable games at home against Washington, Denver and Jets..

They then should find a way to go 2-4 in the other games otherwise they don’t deserve to make the playoffs anyway..heck with the AFC looking shabby this year 1-5 might get it done..

No. Josh Allen's real test was last Sunday and he failed miserably. The defense, on the other hand, passed with flying colors. ST's were a disaster too.

To be honest, I'm kind of anxious to see if Matt Barkley can play better than Allen has. That's not a very high bar, but Allen and Barkly are all we have this year to work with. The defense will have to stay on top of it.

Edited by GreggTX

22 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And with Allen...if he plays last week.

You have to wonder where his mind is going to be at with this game after New England rattled him all day.

I want Allen to be careful with the ball but still not lose his aggressive mentality.  Lets see if he gets trigger shy or he continues to take shots (hopefully smarter shots).

I'm going to this game so I hope that's not added pressure for him.

I’m going the other way. 

I feel he needs to be coached into proper “game manager “ material.

He needs to understand field position ( in terms of FG attempts) and when he should just take a sack or chuck it away if out of the pocket. He also needs to be coached NOT to fade backwards unless it’s a screen.

He needs to take what the defense is giving and put the ball in Yeldon, Beasely or Gore’s hands and do it on a short clock.

This D is capable of keeping us in almost all the games.  It might be boring but if he can do the “ simple stuff” the long ball has a better chance.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I’m going the other way. 

I feel he needs to be coached into proper “game manager “ material.

He needs to understand field position ( in terms of FG attempts) and when he should just take a sack or chuck it away if out of the pocket. He also needs to be coached NOT to fade backwards unless it’s a screen.

He needs to take what the defense is giving and put the ball in Yeldon, Beasely or Gore’s hands and do it on a short clock.

This D is capable of keeping us in almost all the games.  It might be boring but if he can do the “ simple stuff” the long ball has a better chance.

For me, I honestly think he's coached to do all that.  He just resorts back to bad habits with adversity right now.