Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
warrior9

The real test for this team is this weekend

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, teef said:

josh allen, the team, the coaches...they all have to show us that a tough loss can be shrugged off while learning from their mistakes.  I'm not sure what to make of this team yet.  sunday will be a big measuring stick for me.

 

How big is this measuring stick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

How big is this measuring stick?

you needed to tell me where you were pointing.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Yesterday would have been a MUCH needed win for several reasons.  The team fought but fell short.

 

The Titans ARE NOT the Pats and therefore should be on the losing side of the Bills game.

 

Prove you are good Buffalo and whip their asses 

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, row_33 said:

hope they can summon up at least 75% of the mission and energy they gave yesterday.

 

^^^^This is my concern today as well. Games like yesterday have a way of either energizing a team to be even better, or cause a letdown stumble--and we can't let the positive momentum from the 1st 3 games plus the spectacular D play yesterday go for naught against a very inconsistent/beatable Titans squad. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Let me get this straight, the New England patriots are not the true test, the "true test" are the up and down Tennessee Titans? Do i have the correct?

 

Play UP to your competition and not DOWN to your competition.

 

Did the Loss play mind games?      

 

that is a test  people refer to 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

 

Play UP to your competition and not DOWN to your competition.

 

Did the Loss play mind games?      

 

that is a test  people refer to 

 

l

If Allen doesn't play and Barkley does, any loss will be rationalized away and the next "true test" will be the next one up,  Dolphins?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the Bills stand strong and true, or will they collapse like a folding table impacted by a Kiko Alonso jersey-clad nimrod saturated with a gallon of Labatt Blue?  If Allen plays, will he apply any lessons from yesterday's debacle? Or will he continue to try to emulate Michael Vick in a prison-league game? Questions.....

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

35 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Let me get this straight, the New England patriots are not the true test, the "true test" are the up and down Tennessee Titans? Do i have the correct?

In terms of how we respond to an emotional loss and adversity? Yep. 

 

In terms of how Josh Allen can respond to playing poorly? Yep.

 

In terms of how the defense responds to having TB post his worst career numbers? Yep.

 

In terms of seeing where we are in the "process" and how we can shake a loss and come back and be "complete?" Yep.

 

In terms of gauging, "are we a play off team?" or "are we a fringe team?" Yep.

 

 

31 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

 

Play UP to your competition and not DOWN to your competition.

 

Did the Loss play mind games?      

 

that is a test  people refer to 

 

Stop it..... stop... you're using your brain and making sense.... just stop it.

42 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

 

Yesterday would have been a MUCH needed win for several reasons.  The team fought but fell short.

 

The Titans ARE NOT the Pats and therefore should be on the losing side of the Bills game.

 

Prove you are good Buffalo and whip their asses 

 

Essentially my point. Yepp

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warrior9 said:

 

In terms of how we respond to an emotional loss and adversity? Yep. 

 

In terms of how Josh Allen can respond to playing poorly? Yep.

 

In terms of how the defense responds to having TB post his worst career numbers? Yep.

 

In terms of seeing where we are in the "process" and how we can shake a loss and come back and be "complete?" Yep.

 

In terms of gauging, "are we a play off team?" or "are we a fringe team?" Yep.

 

 

 

 If the Bills cant deal with this emotional loss by  next week i will be 1) shocked, they are pros 2) disappointed  in the HC.

 

Tenn has had two great games, and two stinkers.  If the "good Titans" show up and we play similar to yesterday, we are going to lose.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, teef said:

It will certainly tell us a lot about the coaching. 


I guess but I think this is more on QB play than anything else.  We know that the defense will ready.  The question is whether Josh Allen can step up and beat a good defense, one week after he was owned by Bill Belichick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:


I guess but I think this is more on QB play than anything else.  We know that the defense will ready.  The question is whether Josh Allen can step up and beat a good defense, one week after he was owned by Bill Belichick

i'm certainly hoping he plays.  we all want to see his reaction after a hit and a game like that.  

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm certainly hoping he plays.  we all want to see his reaction after a hit and a game like that.  


Good or bad - the best thing for the Bills is for Allen to play as much as possible.  We need to see how he reacts to these situations.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an important game. With games on the horizon with Miami and Washington (which are as close to automatic win as you get in the NFL) this and the Eagles game are the only tough games in the 2nd quarter. Win this one and the Bills likely get to the halfway point with a 6-2 record at worst, and maybe even 7-1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TroutDog said:

The REAL test is over the next 12 weeks and the one following. 

The real test will be if Charlie Big Play can stop forcing the ball and not wait an hour until he throws it away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDH said:

It's an important game. With games on the horizon with Miami and Washington (which are as close to automatic win as you get in the NFL) this and the Eagles game are the only tough games in the 2nd quarter. Win this one and the Bills likely get to the halfway point with a 6-2 record at worst, and maybe even 7-1. 

Yes. This is my point..

 

These are games that past Bills' teams lose!

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:


Good or bad - the best thing for the Bills is for Allen to play as much as possible.  We need to see how he reacts to these situations.  

100%.. This is why I think this game is more important than most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jobot said:

To call this 'The Real Test' implies that it's the most critical thing for the Bills.  I see it as another learning opportunity for the team, and another gauge for us fans to put more/less eggs into the 'this team will make the playoffs' basket.

 

..it's not....man up to the "L" for a multitude of reasons, play to plan without Allen, hope Daboll devises a decent game plan for Bradley  (good Lord NO play not to lose "Dickie Ball") and go for it hard......Leslie should have the D Corp ready.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

..it's not....man up to the "L" for a multitude of reasons, play to plan without Allen, hope Daboll devises a decent game plan for Bradley  (good Lord NO play not to lose "Dickie Ball") and go for it hard......Leslie should have the D Corp ready.......

Doesn't "multitude of reasons" make it critical? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...